Terrible Bedside Manner show details Terrible Bedside Manner
by Linda on Jun 17th, 2014

Dr. Luger has terrible bedside manner. Her patients are in life-or-death situations and she is condescending and unkind. The least she can do is be nice even if she can't save their life. Please, Dr. Luger, be kinder. It means so much to someone who is so sick. It breaks my heart when I think of how you treated my loved one while he was in your care.

by Wayne on Nov 7th, 2013

Actually, on a scale of one star to four, I'd rate Dr Luger about a twelve. From day one, she attacked my illness with a singleness of purpose. Win or lose, I got the sense immediately, that I had put myself in the hands of someone who was in the fight with me. Dr Luger saved my life, and made me feel extremely safe in the process, both equally remarkable accomplishments.

Poor follow through with course of care. show details Poor follow through with course of care.
Jan 13th, 2012

I was very disappointed with the follow through provided by Dr. Luger. She did not return any calls and inquires made by my family who were kept "guessing" most of the time. Please be aware that while University of Pennsylvania may have a stellar reputation if your illness does not fall into any of the docs research specialties and they can't use your case for statistical purposes and grant applications you will be treated better at a hospital located in a third world country. They will not admit mistakes, which as we know is the first step in fixing a problem. They are fast to call "meetings" with family members but these are just a waste of time since they do not process and act on constructive critisism. Make sure you do your own research and have as many family member advocates as you can because it will become a full time job making sure that you get the care you are paying for. Do not let any staff both docs and nurses talk you into anything you are not completely comfortable in doing. Good Luck! I wish I had a time machine because I would not have gone there.

by Anon on Jun 19th, 2009

very intelligent and responsive; support staff is fair