Family Physicians, Internist
9750 NW 33rd St
Ste 210
Coral Springs, FL 33065
305-751-2420
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

• Currently 2.4761904761905 of 4 stars
May 8th, 2012

Dr Carrington has been treating me for a thyroid problem, since 2001. I have been more than happy with his kind caring manner. Due to his wonderful treatment, I feel so much better. I would certainly recommend him to my friends and family.

|  Longtime patient review  |  show details
Apr 2nd, 2012

I was a patient of Dr. Carrington for 27 years for hypothyroidism.The man is caring very knowledgeable ,spent alot of time with me ordered the right tests and blood work every year. He always had problems with office staff who seemed to over book him. and yes at times were unorganized and curt borderline rude .When questioned about their work they were supposed to handle for him. test results and files of mine were lost or misplaced but eventually found due to my perserverance. No reflection on the doctors treatment of me but more a reflection of an office staff that were inexperienced. He had 2 thriving practices one in Pembroke Pines and one in Coral Springs.For Thyroid, diabetes and internal medicine. He was always availbale on his cell phone and returned my calls if I had a problem getting thru to him at his Coral Springs Location.This man is a good doctor. Its very distressing to hear about the allegations against him at the present time. I certainly hope he is vindicated.There is no way in my estimation of knowing this man for 27 years that he would participate in anything illegal. I believe somehow he was setup to be the fall guy in this situation. What a shame for his many patients and his family.

|   |  show details
Mar 28th, 2012

Good thing his office is closed...i could have passed away waiting to see him......and to demand cash only payments....more than once i went for my appointment only to find Dr Carrington was not in the office...and not even a phone call...not surprised when it csme out he is a pill pusher

|  Dr. Busted by the FBI  |  show details
Dec 7th, 2011

Pill MillsMiami Pill Mill Doctor Busted By FBIBy Michael Cohen Sat., Mar. 26 2011 at 4:45 PMhttp://www.fbi.gov/miami/press-releases/2011/mm032511a.htmIn the second South Florida pill mill bust this week, federal prosecutors charged 57-year-old Dr. Selwyn Carrington, of Miami, with illegally distributing massive amounts of narcotic pills through two different pain clinics. The feds nabbed Carrington on Friday, just one day after local authorities arrested Delray pill peddler, Dr. Barry Schultz.Investigators found that Carrington never treated or evaluated clients and was rarely even seen at the clinics. The so-called "doctor" collected $5,000 a month to pre-sign blank prescriptions so unlicensed employees could prescribe clients Oxycodone, Percocet and Xanax. More than 300,000 pills containing controlled substances were dispensed to clients because of Carrington's pre-signed prescriptions. Most were highly addictive Schedule II drugs and Florida Medicaid paid for them all. Carrington ran his primary practice in Pembroke Pines, but ran his pill mills in Hallandale and West Palm Beach.The two busts came at the end of a week in which a federal bill, "The Pill Mill Crackdown Act of 2011," was introduced to the U.S. House of Representatives on Monday. It may seem like a good week in the fight against pill mills. But the intense crackdown last month didn't seem to deter Carrington and Schultz. So their arrests may just be a bucket of sand on the brush fire raging through Florida.

|  Complete dissatisfaction!  |  show details
May 5th, 2011

It came as great surprise to my husband and I when we walked in for our appointment in Coral Springs and found a note on the door that said "This office is CLOSED until further notice". The worst part of it all is we received not one form of communication from any of Dr. Carrington's offices advising us of this closure. After sitting on the phone for over two hours trying to contact the Pembroke Pines office I had to finally give up, no one would answer!! What really ticks me off is we had flown over for this appointment as we live in another country and were recommended to seek help elsewhere. What a joke! By the way, it's been almost three weeks and no one has yet to answer the phone. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!!

|  Dr, Carrington arrested for running a pill mill  |  show details
by A patient on Apr 27th, 2011

Dr. Selwyn Carrington was recently arrested for running a pill mill. The news article states that he is facing a 20 year sentence. The investigation and arrest was performed by the F.B.I.

|  Wouldn't know how the DR. Is as we have been waiting to see him for over two hours!!  |  show details
Dec 6th, 2010

Never again!

Nov 12th, 2010

The wait time is too long while your in the lobby. The staff and dr are ok not the best the office very small and dark looking I give it a 1 out of 5

|  Excellen Plysician  |  show details
Oct 16th, 2010

Went for diagnosis for Goiter. Thorough family history taken, spends and inordinate amount of time to obtain information and excellent bedtime manner. The only down time is the amount of time you wait to see him. However, this is do the the amount of time he spends with his patients, he came highly recommended...I agree.

|  DO NOT USE THIS DOCTOR  |  show details
by kari on Feb 23rd, 2010

the over all wait time is just crazy...over 2 hours...and the staff is very unfriendly....after waiting that long you think they would be more understanding.....do not go to this doctor unless you want to deal with a rude staff and a VERY long wait time.....

|  Does not seem to care about your opinion  |  show details
Jul 17th, 2009

This was my worst doctors visit ever. After making an appointment, I was sent a three page information sheet to fill out before going. After filling out the form and taking it in. Carrington did not seem to take me serous. Carrington claims that I could not have all the symptoms I listed. He ordered a Thyroid test, after which he said nothing is wrong and wrote a prescription for sleep medication. I found him to be big wast of time and money.

Jun 12th, 2009

My office visit to Doctor Carrington was 5 hours long. I made my appointment 3 weeks before my visit. His office staff Cathy is very rude , incompitent and is not even close to professional. On the day of my visit I submitted my drivers licence and Medical Insurance card to Cathy. The following monday I received a call from Cathy needing my insurance information. By the way Cathy did not identify her self and in a demanding voice demanded the insurance infromation. I aked her who am i speaking with she replied" Cathy from Doctor Carrington's office. I was at work at the time and my response was i gave you the card on Friday, why was the information not captured then her response was the copy machine was not working. I proceeded to give her the number from the card and the name of the Insurance , she then hang up the phone without saying goodbye. She acted as if I broke her machine and i am the one disturbing her. Two weeks later i called the office to get results of my blood work and sonogram. Cathy told me that the results are not back to the office. I then explained that my blood work was done 2 weeks ago and the sonogram a week and a half ago. She fumbled and said ok i found the sonogram , but no blood work. She asked where the bloodwork was done and i told her . She then fumbled again and said she found both reports , but it has not been reviewed by Dr. Carrington. I asked her politely to leave the reports for the doctor to review the following day as i am anxious to know what is going on . Her response to me was if anything was wrong the doctor would have contacted you. My response to her was you just told me the doctor did not look at the reports. She said she would leave him a note i said ok. Two days later called back to the office got Cathy again she told me doctor look at the sonogram and there are no changes, i asked what about the blood work? she said that has not come in as yet. I went over the same information i did two days before and she then asked" where was the blood work done"? my response was i thought you had written that informaton i gave to you two days ago? Her response was do you know how much we have to remember!, and how many people we have to deal with?. I explained to her i am not conserned with how much she has to do i am conserned about my own situation and at this point i do not have too much confidence in the office , her response was i don't care what you think and hang up the phone in my face. I contacted DR. Carrington's second office the lady gave me his cell phone number and i called him and explained my situation he did not apologize for his staff actions or the delay in getting my results to me instead in a not very not so friendly voice i will call you back. I am awaiting his call.

Aug 31st, 2008

Wait time is outrageous I mean hours past appointment time.

Jul 19th, 2008

Spends quality time with patient and is caring and knowledgeable. Needs to have a better organized office and drastically decrease wait time-that's the point of having an appointment!