Dr. Selwyn-Lloyd Mcpherson MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

December 11th, 2015
Ego supersedes knowledge
He misdiagnosed me as having major depressive disorder and put me on Effexor which caused me to have a severe negative reaction. He would not consider for a moment that he might have been wrong. Even when I was complaining of serious physical and mental side affects. I finally stopped seeing him and took myself off the Effexor and felt better(still do - years later) for the first time in nearly 1 ½ years. I should have listened to the other reviewers but I got caught up in his likable demeanor. His ego supersedes his knowledge. Please trust me when I say there are more competent doctors out there than this man and they will seek a genuine diagnosis as opposed to sticking to a knee jerk reaction as this doctor does.

December 7th, 2015
I just left that office & I'm NEVER stepping foot in that office again! I waited almost THREE hours to be seen & I'm so disgusted with that whole experience!!! I'm absolutely horrified & I can't believe he's still in practice!!!!!

July 2nd, 2015
Excellent Doctor

January 29th, 2015
Horrible service
Absolutely horrible experience. After waiting a month to get in, they had no record of me when I went to my appt and said to call back tomorrow to speak with someone. Somehow when I called back, they had all my information and said that my slot wad double booked so my appt was kicked. I was rescheduled for 1 week and a half. So when I went in the next week, I was the only patient in the waiting room. After an hour of waiting I asked how much longer and the front desk person said there's 4 people on front of you, so at least 2 hours more. Ridiculous. And the fact that you can't bring you children (which is understandable ) meant my husband missed work the first time for jo reason and my mother drove and hour the second time to watch my kids for no reason. No respect for patients.

January 27th, 2015
Horrible

May 20th, 2014
Why is he still in practice?
I was referred by a friend to this doctor, my friend has a different diagnosis but one that is one of my issues other than chronic pain due to numerous back problems from a car accident. I made the appt. and wrote it on my calender as well as put reminder in phone. when they called with my appt reminder the appt time had been totally changed?! Not by minutes but by hours! Once there i waited 2 1/2 hrs before being called back into the room, once back in the room it was another hour and 10 min untill the Dr. came in. Now i do credit him in taking his time and being very thorough with his questions. Re-asking if he didnt quite understand. Well as if my exsisting problems were'nt enough for a 39 yr old, he decided that something else must be wrong with me. Nevermind the fact I was referred by my PCP after asking, had surgery, numerous MRI's, x-ray's and was also currently under the care of an Orthopedic doctor and in physical therapy...again! So after being at his office for almost 5 1/2hr his staff sends me to the lab, which happens to be in the same building. Oops...they didnt tell me that the lab closed 25 min ago. I ended up giving 18 vials of blood, $4800.00 in bloodwork!!!!! Soooo....appt time again, had this set right after i "donated", they called with the reminder...different DAY & TIME this time! All to be told what was already know, nothing else was wrong! He then told me he couldnt treat me for my pain due to insurance issues (LIE) and that i needed an Internist as he just so suspects I have Fibromyalgia! Because all my other tests, doc's an surgeries were for nothing, right? WOULD'NT SEND MY WORST ENEMY TO THIS MAN!!!!!

May 1st, 2013
This Dr. is a liar, disrespectful, and horrible staff
This Dr. wrote a report on me that I had to pay for That I would of swore was a different patient if not for my name. He never got closer than 5 feet of me but in his report he said he did all kinds of test. He should lose his license he gets paid for test he never performs. The wait is 3 hours ,his staff is disrespectfull, and very rude. Dr. tells you u dont need to make appt. for a shot but his rude staff tells u otherwise. Which the Dr. has lied many times to your face. Do not go to him, there are too many other Dr. that will treat you with respect.

April 19th, 2013
STAFF UNBELIEVEABLY RUDE!
STAFF UNBELIEVEABLY RUDE! They treat you like you are a complete idiot and with ZERO respect. Be prepared to wait 2 + hrs just to be taken back to wait even longer in the exam room! Also be prepared for cancelled appts with no notification (so you drive 40 mins to make your apt that they cancelled without telling you) & to be "dropped" (at any time) from their service for no reason and no explanation. THEN be forced to pay for the records you NEED to complete your treatment plan and continue with the necessary medication needed to do so. All the while being treated like you are a terrible person for needing the treatment in the first place (even though you cannot help it)! This place is a class act, I tell ya, if you want to be treated like crap and raked over the coals... If this is how they treat their decades long patients I'd hate to know how they treat the new ones. I guess it's all just a money machine now so they don't need to respect anyone's time or health!

March 19th, 2013
This doctor is very unprofessional. I had to wait 3 hours one night after work and had to cancel another appointment scheduled for the same night. It is very hard to schedule an appointment and the office staff has let people in to see the doctor out of order after people complain about waiting (if emergency, ok, but they had been waiting the same amt of hours then complained about sitting there. It can be very rude to patients who've waited a lot longer). Patients in the waiting room have talked about waiting 4+ hours. Parents whose younger children need the doctor wait just as long. The doctor can be rude and judges you not based on medical opinions. He lets people know they "Do not have to wait"? I've never seen that happen. I would recommend changing doctors or looking into other doctors first.

August 7th, 2012
Great if you don't mind waiting
I hate waiting, and if you dont have the first appointment, you're bound to wait 1-4 hours. Because of this, I've switched doctors several times. However, I always ended up going back to Dr. McPherson who I first saw 12 years ago. He knows his stuff, he really truly cares, and other than the long waits, I couldn't ask for a better doctor.

July 16th, 2012
waited for 2 hrs one night, a patient in the waiting room told me the longest they waited once was 4 hrs..it is also hard to get an appt when needed

January 23rd, 2012