Dr. Semira Dariushnia MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

September 22nd, 2016
Dr. Dariushnia has excellent bedside manners, extremely thorough and knowlegeable. I am very happy with my selection of Dr. Dariushnia as my primary care physician, and I highly recommend her to my family and friends

November 2nd, 2012
Dr. Dariushnia is very thorough, caring, and professional. She spends all the time necessary at every visit for diagnosis and consequent treatment. She explains my condition at the time of visit, the nature of tests required if any, and goes over the treatment regimen in detail. My followup visits are thorough, and prompt. She has excellent bedside manners, courteous, and very pleasant. I would definitely recommend her.

September 13th, 2012
Completely unprofessional and a waste of time.
Never in my life have I ever had such a poor and unprofessional experience with a doctor. From start to finish Dr. Dariushnia has demonstrated that she lacks empathy and professionalism. Let's start from the beginning. I called in for a lunch time appt because I work throughout her office hrs (9am-5pm). I let the receptionist know that I would be on a time crunch and she assured me that it would be fine. My appt was for 1pm. I get there on time and fill out all the paperwork and after 15 minutes in the wait room, I'm leave back to the patient room. I'm told the doctor is still on lunch but would be arriving shortly. I wait and I wait. over 45 minutes pass and then she comes in. I try not to show my frustrations as I just want to get my exam over and get back to work. I ask for a blood test, pap smear, and culture test. She tells me she doesn't perform blood tests or pap smears so the only thing she does for that appt is the culture test. I leave the office 15 minutes after I see her and am told that the cultures will be sent to the lab and that I should hear something within 2 wks. A month passes and I don't hear anything from the office. I call in and check up on it. The nurse tells me that she needs to check up with the lab and that she'll call me back. When she calls, she tells me that the lab results were never done and that there was a discrepancy with the lab and that my cultures have been thrown out. I ask how that could have happened and she just says that it was the labs fault. As a patient, that really isn't my problem where the error occurred, I did my part which was paid for a service and care and that was completely not fulfilled considering the only take away from the appt would have been the lab results and I was not able to receive them. I tell her that I want a refund for my copay since there was not one thing I got from that appt with the doctor and she says that I need to talk to the doctor about that but the doctor is out of town. I tell her I'll call back and talk to the doctor when she gets back and I do. I called the day after she returned but still was not able to talk to the doctor. I left another message that was not returned. I call the next week and leave another. I call the day after and then the day after. When the doctor finally decides to call me back she is completely hostile to begin with. She tries to explain/talk down to me as if I don't know how appts are supposed to go and how far a doctor's responsibility reaches. She says that it was all the lab's fault that my cultures were lost and that she did what she was supposed to do on her end. Was following up not a part of the doctor/patient relationship? Checking up on the patient's possible diagnosis not part of the copay that I paid? As I'm trying to explain to her why I am unsatisfied with this experience she starts raising her voice and completely yells on the phone at me that I'm being disrespectful to her. As a doctor, she should be more empathetic to her patients and at least have the decency to hear them out when they are unhappy. Not receiving lab results while probably not life threatening to me could mean everything to someone else battling symptoms that lead to something more serious. She even had the audacity to tell me that I am 24 and I have a lot to learn. I'm 25 and I've been going to doctors all my life and I have NEVER EVER experienced a doctor to be so unprofessional as to yell at me on the phone and then hang up on me as I was speaking. I'm calling my insurance and changing my primary because there is no way I would trust this doctor to diagnose me or anyone else for that matter. CHOOSE A DIFFERENT DOCTOR!

September 19th, 2011
Wait time of 3 hours! Terrible!
My first time visit I waited in the waiting for over an hour, then they put me in a room for another hour and a half. When the dr. finally came in she tried rushing me through my appointment, she kept trying to leave the room before I could even finish a sentence. My second visit was canceled two days before the date and I had already waited 3 weeks for my appointment, I rescheduled and the next time I came in, I asked what the wait time would be and the receptionist said the Dr. was not back in the office yet and there were three patients ahead of me. My appointment was at 11:45 am, I asked another patient in the waiting room what time their appointment was and they said 10:45am. I finally left the office when I noticed they started putting patients in the rooms and I asked how much longer and the receptionist said the Dr. was still not in the office it was already 1:00 p.m. Why were they putting patients in the rooms to wait if there is no Dr. there? I guess to give you false hope that the Dr. would be there soon. I feel this is a complete disrespect towards people's time. Not to mention rushing me through my appointments. And canceling my appointments a couple days before and reschedule me another two an a half weeks later. Terrible service and respect for the profession and patients!

February 12th, 2011
10 year patient.. Very Happy with her!
Dr. Dariushnia is very attentive to each patient's needs and complaints. She takes as much time for each appointment as you want/need. She's been my physician for over 10 years, and I've never felt rushed or hustled along. She's very thorough with diagnoses, and seems to genuinely care about each patient as a person, rather than merely a "customer." I have moved several miles away from her office, but feel that the high quality, personal care I receive from her, and the office staff is well worth an extra few minutes driving time. :)

April 27th, 2009
Needs to improve being on time with appointments.