Neurological Surgeon, Surgeon

2040 Ogden Ave
Ste 300
Aurora, IL 60504
630-978-6770
Locations and availability (2)

|  Professional review  |  show details
by Paul Williams on Apr 18th, 2014

My opinion of Dr. Sani of the highest regard. As a businessman an engineer have evaluated hundreds of individuals in their professional career.I find him to make decisions based upon fact, not opinion. As a neurosurgeon, I find within his profession he is held in highest regard by his peer professional. Finally,is office demeanor is of very high standard and is worthy of the title of top 5% within his profession.

|  No More Pain!  |  show details
by Fred on Apr 12th, 2014

I sincerely want to thank Dr. Sani and his entire staff ~~ I am now pain free!! I had been in severe pain for months and had not been able to stand or sit for more than just a few minutes without being in excruciating pain - I had spent 3 months laying on the living room floor - the only position I was able to achieve some relief from the pain. I saw Dr Sani on a Wednesday and was so impressed by his professionalism and knowledge - he explained everything from the disease process causing the pain to the recommended surgery and post-operative recovery and expectations. I was fortunate to have surgery the following Monday morning and was at the Starbuck's drive-through, pain free, at 2:00 p.m. that same afternoon, on my way home and have continued to be pain free now 6 months later, and have resumed all my regular activities!! We are thankful every day and consider this a miracle!! Dr. Sani, Lindley, and his entire staff are professional, respectful, compassionate, personable, and very well organized!! I agree with the other reviews - they are all Rock Stars!!!

|  Pain Gone!  |  show details
by Jeff Z. on Mar 28th, 2014

Extreme, chronic back pain completely gone. I don't think I need to say anything more. Thanks

|  AGRICULTURE SPECIALIST  |  show details
by MANILAL CHOUDHARY on Jan 7th, 2014

I had laminectomy with decompression of spine surgery. Dr. Sani did an excellent job. I am pain free. The procedure was minimally invasive. His staff was very courteous and cooperative. I will recommend him as the one the best Neurosurgeon.

|  Wonderful Experience  |  show details
by Joe Marshall on Jan 6th, 2014

I recently had DBS surgery performed by Dr. Sani. Everything happened exactly as Dr Sani advised and the results are just short of miraculous. From the bottom of my heart, thank you to Dr. Sani and the entire staff at Rush-Copley.

|  A true professional!  |  show details
by L P on Nov 25th, 2013

Great overall experience with Dr. Sani. Very relaxing to talk to, down to earth and patient with questions. Very efficient and confident in his surgical manner. Felt at ease from the moment we met him. No regrets whatsoever!

by Jim and Karen Gilkerson on Oct 25th, 2013

Dr. Sani and his assistant Lindley are very professional but very easy to talk to-Even when the news might not be what you want to here, they put a positive spin on everything. Consider this doctor - you will be very pleased with the results. Karen and Jim

|  Superior patient care  |  show details
by Phil O. on Oct 9th, 2013

From my first visit, Dr Sani and his staff, especially Thomas Pittman, his Physicians Assistant, have set an exemplary standard of patient care that goes above and beyond any I have experienced before. They will go the extra mile to accomodate patient emergencies, and always answer phone inquiries very promptly. Dr Sani is a gifted Neurosurgeon who has a pleasant personality that is comforting and reassuring to patients and family.

|  Great Experience  |  show details
by Lee Harness on Oct 8th, 2013

Dr. Sani is the best. What a great experience when I was in pain. Dr. Sani quickly reviewed test results, developed a plan, executed it and relieved the pain that I was experiencing. I would not think twice about recommending Dr. Sani to family and friends. Your office staff also was great and very professional at all times. Thank you Dr. Sani. You and your staff are the best in your field. Lee J. Harness 10/7/2013

Aug 26th, 2013

Dr. Sani is so amazing! After ending up in the ER and finding a tumor, Dr. Sani showed up and kept me and my family calm, he then explained the MRI scans to us and told us the next steps. Dr. Sani performed a biopsy and then did surgery a week later to remove the tumor. A pretty big surgery which had no complications thanks to him. From the time I met him in the ER to the day he took my stitches out he was the best doctor I have ever had. He answered every question I had and told me never hesitate to call. Very good at what he does and very very good with people and patients.

|  Dr Sani and his Team are Rock Stars!  |  show details
by Jeff P on Aug 22nd, 2013

Dr Sani and his entire team are excellent every step of the way. I came to Sani in need of addressing herniated cervical discs along with stinosis of the spine. I had had severe arm, shoulder, shoulder blade pain. After an epidural gone bad from a non affiliated pain clinic, I was in need of surgery. I researched the web and visited several doctors in the Chicago Metropolitan Area. In my initial visit with Dr Sani he put me at ease and reassured me that my symptoms could be resolved with a minimum recovery. Dr Sani performed a fusion of C4,5 ,6 and less than a week later I feel great. I expecting alot more post surgical pain but most importantly he was able to resolve 100% the nerve pain in left arm plus the shoulder and neck pain. Dr Sani's PA Dr Lindley Pittman is also solid in his profession. He spends time with you, is very professional and also explains the complexity of it all in very understandable terms. Shala; Dr Sani's nurse, went out of her way in scheduling my procedure as well as MRI in a very condensed time frame.

|  Conservative  |  show details
by Satterfield on Aug 14th, 2013

Dr. Sani was great I met with him at the age of 29 and was diagnosed with disk degenerative disease. He is a very cautious doctor and does things only as absolutely necessary, we managed my condition with a local pain management specialist until I hit the age of 32 and my condition was leaving me with nerve problems in my left foot. Laser surgery was our next step to relieve pressure from a nerve, before the surgery I would only last ten minutes walking with my daughter and several week later my daughter and I just got done with a 2 mile walk. Happy feet.

|  The BEST!  |  show details
by Jane H., Dennis H. on Apr 4th, 2013

I absolutely think Dr. Sani is a true God-send. He is so talented as a surgeon! We traveled from Mississippi for removal of a brain tumor. The staff was friendly, the hospital was pristine and state-of-the-art and everyone smiled. I was never afraid- which to me is amazing. I would travel across the world to see this man! He is THE BEST!

by Shadi Salem on Feb 23rd, 2013

The Dr. Sani was great. He took his time in listening to my problems. The wait before and after getting in the room was barley two minutes and he aplogized for taking too long. I've had past experience with other doctors where I waited 45min and no apology. I highly recommend him.

by Melissa Pajot on Jan 28th, 2013

Dr. Sani was fantastic. I actually had the option to have my surgery done sooner, but I was so comfortable with Dr. Sani (which says a lot because I was very nervous due to the fact that this is a NEWER neurological surgery); however his knowledge and just him in general that I decided to wait for my surgery and have Dr. Sani. I am glad I waited because he did a fantastic job and worked a little harder to create minimal scarring. I am extremely pleased. Even my family was impressed with him. Great doctor.

|  excellent doctor  |  show details
Sep 14th, 2012

This doctor saved my life. He was attentive, caring, thorough, and his staff was always helpful and caring. I highly recomend Dr.Sani!!!!

Sep 13th, 2012

I was very scared going into my surgery lumbar infusion. Dr. Sani was very clear on my problem with my back and what I would expect after surgery. Well he was right. What he told me is what happened. I would recommend him to anyone. I was pleased with the outcome.

Jul 13th, 2012

Dr. Sani and staff have helped with my back problems greatly. I have been very impressed with the time, answers and know how they have all shown.

|  Loved Dr. Sani!!!  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2012

Dr. Sani is amazing! I had injured my back in January, it didn't get bad until March. I went to two doctors - a regular orthopedic doctor, then a spine specialist/orthopedic surgeon, and finally Dr. Sani. There were different reviews from others - right away Dr. Sani knew what to do. I felt his confidence, and I knew then and there that he would fix me! I had a ruptured disc in L1/L2 which is a little more rare. I couldn't really walk before my surgery, and I couldn't lay flat on my back nor could I sit down. I was super nervous before the surgery. Luckily, the surgical team at Rush Copley is amazing. They quenched all my fears pre-surgery, and I fell asleep talking to my surgical RN. I woke up - and I was laying down!!!! Yes, the incision hurt, but it was like a new back! My legs were super numb, and Dr. Sani was very attentive. He made sure I had a good place to stay in the hospital. The next day, I was walking. Four days later, after walking with a walker for two months, I no longer needed my walker. Dr. Sani is amazing - there are no words to describe how much I adore him and am so grateful to him! I recommend him to everyone even if they don't need back surgery I'll say if you ever do - GO TO DR. SANI! His staff is also amazing and attentive.

|  Affectionately meticulous  |  show details
Jun 19th, 2012

My research investigation of my movement disorder condition lead me to focus on essential tremors. Dr. Sani's caring reassuring approach helped me gain his trust, and he properly diognosed my condition as tremor dominant parkinson's disease. His knowledge and competence gave me the peace needed to undergo the rigors of deep brain stimulation surgeries, with excellent results. He assembled a team with the passion of patient's wellness, ranging from handling inquiry calls, office nurse care, manging office visits, and time with Dr. Sani. Noteworthy are: Carol, Ismary, and angel-like nurse-pratitioner-Rory, to name but a few; whose services and care are etched in my family's memory. Thanks and Best regards,Jonas Okeke

Apr 25th, 2012

Very professional staff. Very helpful and knowledgeable. I felt I was in excellent, caring, hands.

Apr 19th, 2012

Dr. Sani gave me options, I have been to other doctors that were on recording equipment doing the visit, and wanted to go straight to invasive surgery without giving options. I would definitely recommend Dr. Sani.

|  Very professional, very caring, Great team!  |  show details
Mar 24th, 2012

Dr Sani is not only a very talented surgeon, he is just as good a counselor and friend that a patient needs. In Dec 2010 Dr Sani performed a cervical fusion surgery to my neck area. My eventual recovery, to the best extent surgery can help, is because I was diagnosed perfectly, operated upon in the most professional manner and provided excellent post surgery care and follow up. My physical condition was one thing; I was also a nervous wreck. My hats off to Dr Sani and his entire team for treating that human side of mine !!Anis Bensaheb

Feb 27th, 2012

Great experience with Dr. Sani, Ms. Breslin, and Rush-Copley.

|  Excellent Doctor and staff  |  show details
Feb 17th, 2012

Dr Sani and his assistant Rory have been great throughout my experience. My first visit, he spent a great deal of time with me, answered every question, explained my situation very clearly. He let me make the decision but in my case there were not many options. I had cervical fusion only a week and a half ago, and already have excellent results. I have never been so comfortable and confident with a Doctor and staff. I have had other major surgery, so I am not a stranger to the process. I recommend this staff highly.

Feb 6th, 2012

Dr. Sani is the Rock Star of surgeons. He saved my life.Given my condition,I should have been stroked out, paralyzed or dead. 2 years later I'm working 6 days a week, doing up to 6 massages a day.Thank you Dr. Sani!Lynn Bartczak LMT CCA

Jan 31st, 2012

I went to Dr. Sani for a second opinion in hopes of being able to have minimally invasive back surgery. Dr. Sani explained everything and was told I was a perfect canidate for this type of surgery. I had my surgery 3 weeks ago and I am very pleased with his expertize. Because of this surgery, I will be able to get back to normal daily life and back to the things I love to do, like working in my yard and garden. Rory, who is Dr. Sani's right hand has also been wonderful. Thank you for all the follow up calls, even on your days off. I would and do recommend you to everyone I talk to that has back & neck problems.

|  Excellent Dr. and PA  |  show details
Jan 20th, 2012

My experience with Dr. Sani and Dr. Rory was exceptional.Dr. and his PA were very thorough. I left the office feeling very confident; with all my questions answered. After my initial visit, I expressed my satisfaction to several of my associates. It has been ten days since my surgery and, I have recommended Dr. Sani to friends with similar issues as mine. I love him and am excited have such an excellent Dr. and PA.

|  Excelent Dr.  |  show details
Jan 5th, 2012

Dr.Sani it is rare in these times that you will find a man like Dr.Sani, upon receiving a call from another Dr he took the time to see me that same day,described the tumor in my head and the pros and cons of the procedure. I agreed to have it removed.Dr Sani removed the tumor.The surgery was a success and I am now walking again because this Dr. took the time from his schedule. This I will never forget

Jan 4th, 2012

Excellent experience combines expertise with kindness . His NP and staff are also wonderful. So fortunate to have him as our doctor

|  Exceptional Care  |  show details
by Rhonda Mont on Dec 15th, 2011

The entire process of diagnosis through surgery to recovery process of my fusion surgery was great. Dr. Sani and his staff are very professional yet care about the individual person.

Dec 14th, 2011

Dr. Sani and his staff "ROCK MY WORLD"!!

Dec 13th, 2011

Dr. Sani is an excellent doctor and his staff is great too. They are all very nice and compassionate. I had a brain tumor removed (meningioma) succesfully. I would highly recommend Dr. Sani to anyone.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
Dec 9th, 2011

I had very bad back pain for several months. Being only 21 years old I thought and hoped it wasn't really anything until I finally decided I couldn't take it anymore. I saw my primary doctor first who then recommended me to go see Dr.Sani after I got a CT scan done. Dr. Sani was very honest with me and told me I need surgery. I was very hesitant about it at first but I decided to get the surgery and I feel 100x better! Dr. Sani was an amazing doctor and was very caring. I highly recommend him to people who have back problems.

|  wonderful group  |  show details
Dec 7th, 2011

i had horrible neck issues and pain for years no one could ever figure it out...dr sani found it and told me when i woke up i would have no more of the pain i have had for years..and he was so right..he fixed disc in the back of my neck and i feel like i am a new person..i had no quailty of life before the surgery now i can move my neck and do things i couldnt do before..he in my opinion is the BEST doc i have ever had...i reccommend him to every one...if you really need help and want it fixed you should go see him..i will b moving back to st louis soon but will travel the 5 hours to continue to see him as my doc..his staff is wonderful and so helpful and sweet...you guys are the best keep up the great work dr sani...you have been blessed with specail knowledge and hands from god..you are a angel in human form in my eyes..

|  Compassionate and excellent surgeon  |  show details
Nov 28th, 2011

Dr. Sani was my second opinion. My back had been bothering me for a long time and he recommended a minimally invasive surgery. I was in and out of the hospital the same day, pain free! Dr. Sani was involved in my care every step of the way. He did not push for the surgery and was very realistic about my chances of success. I would recommend him to anyone without hesitation.

|  Best Neurosurgeon!!!  |  show details
Apr 13th, 2011

Dr. Sani was excellent and one of the best physicians I have ever seen. He listened, was compassionate, respectful and addressed all my concerns. He conducted a thorough analysis of my diagnostic reports and explained various options for non-invasive treatment. I highly recommend him.