Dr. Serafin Deleon MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 5th, 2016
After 7 years and 11 surgeries by doctors at mayo and Kentucky my daughter officially has a permanent disability because of Deleon. He caused permanent nerve damage and my daughter has a wrist implant. My daughter had to quit her first job because of her pain that no surgeons can repair. Stay away

August 26th, 2016
Great Doctor
Dr. DeLeon is very patient friendly and easy to discuss surgery procedures and after affects. Great Dov

December 28th, 2015
I don't understand some of the other reviews. He's a doctor and has a lot of patients. Probably because he's so good. But he answered every question and I never felt rushed or like anyone was rude or inconsiderate. He was thorough and explained everything so I could understand it without talking down to me. After my surgery, he was very involved in making sure I healed well and again answered every question and concern. I am so glad I was sent to him.

May 25th, 2015
STAY AWAY!!
My daughter has had 9 corrective surgeries to try and salvage her wrist because of Deleons fail. She now has a wrist implant and stills needs more to try and repair her nerve. Stay away, especially with your kids.

May 27th, 2014
Fantastic
I've been treated by Dr. De Leon since 2009. I'm a government worker with bilateral carpal tunnel, tennis elbow and trigger finger. He ran every test, every course of treatment until surgery was the final opion. I was afraid a chickened out twice but finally he did a revision on the right hand and will be fixing the left hand. He is an amazing doctor. His assistant Maria and Brenda in workers comp, I , absolutely love them. GREAT people. U give ur insurance they will take care the rest. I'm happy with things. I could add it's a bit of a wait for him in clinical setting because he is the best and is worth the wait but surgery was On time!. Thank you and your assistants I can't thank Maria, Brenda and Olivia enough for doing all the work to make happen. 5××××× ;)

November 5th, 2013
STAY AWAY
DeLeon did 2 surgeries to my 10 yr old daughter. He ended out destroying her tfcc, druj, and removed her natural grove for her ecu tendon. He left her with chronic pain and very little use of her wrist. Last thing he told us was if her pain returns , he doesn't know what else to do. We brought her to the Mayo clinic and after 4 corrective surgeries, they could not fix what Deleon did.She is now 15 yrs old and needs to have a wrist salvage surgery performed which is for older people. Still in chronic severe pain

September 3rd, 2013
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR. DELEON
Dr. Deleon is very knowledgeable in his profession. He was able to accurately identify my issue within my first visit that other doctors could not identify even before I had an MRI to prove what the problem was. He was very thorough in explaining his diagnosis, treatment and any procedures that needed to be done. I needed to have surgery and it was an added bonus that he was able to perform the surgery for me; I did not have to see another surgeon. He also took his time stitching me up so I have very minimal scarring.

May 4th, 2013
No pun intended, but hands down, my experience with Dr. DeLeon was the best I have ever had in the medical field. His staff is friendly, happy, informative and always willing to answer any questions or address any concerns you might have. I was very freaked out about the swelling and pain in my finger and he scheduled me for surgery the next day. All phone calls are returned within a couple of hours or less…I never had to wait more than 5 minutes for my appointments. Dr. DeLeon is extremely knowledgeable as he diagnosed my problem within seconds. I was concerned about the cost of surgery and instead of pushing it aside, he came up with several options for a medical plan of care. His suturing skills are top notch as my incision scars are unnoticeable. He is very engaged with his staff and his staff is happy!! This is something I look for in a team. If everyone is getting along and works well together, it is directly reflected in the type of care you will receive. His office had good energy, and great karma. Dr. DeLeon seems genuinely concerned about your well-being and is enthusiastic to treat you as he enters an exam room with positive energy and attentiveness. He answers questions! He gets the job done! He’s a great addition to the medical field. Thank you Dr. DeLeon for taking such great care of my hand.

December 14th, 2011
Highly recommend Dr. DeLeon
I had an accident this summer which absolutely devasted me and my family. I broke my wrist in two places and I was told at the emergency room that I needed surgery. My family Googled Dr. DeLeon and I contacted him immediately. I emailed my x-rays directly to Dr. DeLeon and he called me the same day. We discussed my options and he personally scheduled my appontment to see him two days later. Dr. DeLeon replied to all my phone calls and emails within hours, followed up with me after surgery, and got me back to work in record time with minimal scarring. He is undoubtedly the best in his field.

June 23rd, 2011
Love this Dr.!!
my daughter had a serious break of arm at age 12 and has had multiple surgeries and still able to be a goal keeper for college.

December 3rd, 2010
Illinois Bone And Joint is a wonderful and friendly expirence.
Dr.Deleon, in my opinion, is a very competent and patient doctor. He took the time to explain any questions I had about my surgery. Within 3 days of each procedure all the numbness in my hands was gone. There was virtually no pain after the second day,that over the counter meds. couldn't take care of. All my experiences with Illinois Bone and Joint have made me feel comfortable and relaxed. And all the staff is so friendly and helpful. I would recommend any one to use this facility.

November 29th, 2010
Outstanding Results
I obtained an injury to my finger that required a skin graph. Not only do I have full function of my finger, the cosmetic part of the surgery turned out so great that people can't even tell I had an injury to the extent it was. Thank you so much Dr. Deleon!