Dr. Serena Hu Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Serena Hu?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 9th, 2016

Dr Hu is extremely courteous, very skilled and very kind. I feel as if I am in very good hands and am grateful.

December 25th, 2013

Highly recommended!

I highly recommend Dr. Hu. I saw her as my second opinion for surgery after seeing my first opinion 5 times. She immediately made me feel at ease and answered all of my questions thoroughly, and i had 26 questions! She did not give me the guarantee that she could solve my back pain with surgery, which was not what i wanted to hear, but was an honest assessment. I had a T3 to Sacrum fusion after she repaired many degenerating and stenotic discs in a 2 day surgery. Dr. Hu visited me every day after surgery. She is very supportive and compassionate. I am 9 months postop and have very little pain now. I am SO pleased that I chose Dr. Hu and her expertise and I am now able to live a productive life without pain meds. Life is wonderful!

April 12th, 2013

The Best Experience Ever!

I waited over two months to see a surgeon for a consult about my pain, muscle mass loss, loss of motor control and more but his office canceled me six days before my appointment. I searched for another surgeon and stumbled across Dr. Hu so I asked for an appointment and within a week I was able to see her eye to eye. Dr. Hu's interaction with me and my wife was simply amazing as I have never experienced a doctor and staff so interested in me and my condition. The recommended proceedure and follow up care was clear and concisely communicated so we knew exactly what to expect. Dr, Hu recommended a ACDF (C4-C5, C5-C6, C6-C7) and corpectomy (C-6). I can go on and on but the important thing is I woke from surgery pain free and can't say enough about her personality, bedside manner and skills as a surgeon.

January 7th, 2012

Two major spinal surgeries with Dr. Hu

Before I met Dr. Hu I was in severe back pain for over 40 years. My wife's aunts both had great outcomes, so I found myself considering surgery for the first time. She reviewed my MRI and diagnosed my case as severe. To be frank, she never promised to eliminate my back pain completely. She'd hoped to reduce the pain. She explained that surgeons do a better job with leg pain, but reducing back pain is less predictable. Knowing my condition would only worsen and I was at risk of losing bowel/bladder function at some point, I elected to move forward with surgery.The surgery was two parts, so two surgeries. The first surgery was an ALIF and XLIF -- 5.5 hours. Two days later she did a PSF, which took 5 hours. The recovery was tough after such a major two part surgery, but it was well worth it! I am completely pain free and the outcome exceeded both Dr. Hu's and my greatest expectation. Prior to surgery I could only stand for about 10 minutes before having to lie flat. Now, four months postop, I am able to walk for 90 minutes without stopping completely without pain. After retiring ten years ago due to debilitating pain, I have returned to work part time and I hope to work full-time again.Dr. Hu gave me a new lease on life and I am forever thankful. Back surgery is scary, but if you can find your way to Dr. Hu, it could mean a new life for you.

April 25th, 2011

Patient advocate

I have two family members who are patients of Dr. Hu. One patient's case was so complex, her doctor said that Dr. Hu was one of two surgeons in the US who could perform the surgery. The outcome has been amazing. Both patients have dramatically increased mobility post-surgery, and both have greatly improved comfort and quality of life. After going through three serious surgeries with two patients, I am very confident in Dr. Hu's skill as a clinician and in achieving the very best surgical outcome.

January 28th, 2011

Dr. Serena Hu is amazing! She is very kind and considerate of each patient's situation. She is very intelligent and good at her job. She was my specialist for my severe case of scoliosis and she was also my surgeon when I had spinal fusion surgery (T11-L3). She allowed me to not wear my brace to school as long as I wore it at home, and I trusted that she would do a great job on my surgery, which she did. my lower curve which was fused went from about 47 degrees to about 18. She was able to answer all my questions and she took my wishes into consideration, instead of deciding for me. I would recommend her!

September 6th, 2017