Dr. Serge Obukhoff MD Patient Reviews

January 11th, 2017
He's a good Dr but his secretary sucks they denied my worker's comp according to her I called she never called my insurance for approval 3 years I haven't seen him I called ive been put on medical for Life well seeif he'll help me ?????

May 24th, 2016
An amazing doctor
If you are ever in need of neck, back or brain surgery this is the only Dr you would want to have operate on you Not only is he a great doctor but he truly cares about his patients

April 13th, 2016
Great Surgeon
Very thorough

January 11th, 2014
Dr.Obukhoff performed a very successful and tricky 3 level cervical fusion on me following a car wreck. He is one of the best surgeons, as well as one of the most compassionate and caring surgeons I've ever met. Add to this a great bedside manner, the ability to LISTEN to what his patients are saying and treat them respectfully as intelligent human beings and not ignorant cattle as many other doctors do. Besides his knowledge and skill as a surgeon he has a keen ability to accurately diagnose the problem confronting him. Perhaps best of all, he DOES NOT have the prima donna-I'm-a- god attitude that so many neurosurgeons have acquired and I've met more than one. He always spent a good amount of time with me, both in the hospital and in his office visits. His follow up care was excellent, even to the point of calling me at home to check on me. I never had any problem getting an appointment and I was never kept waiting longer than 10 minutes. His staff was friendly and courteous, working to put you at ease. He is a top quality surgeon, a good man and I recommend him highly to anyone needing a neurosurgeon.

April 25th, 2011
New Lease On Life
I had tried everything there was to try to ease the pain(therapy, meds,rest).I had been in excruciating pain in the last 5 years prior to the surgery (7/09) Surgery was the final option. By this point, I would have been satisfied with only 50% pain improvement. This doctor was going to attempt a procedure not yet done on a woman, only because right one had not been found until he saw my spine. I said to go for it. I did the research and his approach was the least invasive and it meant a quicker recovery and the least damage to muscles and nearby tissue. I was driving to rehab 2 months later. It has been 2 years later and I wake up in the morning without any pain. The only pain I have is when I do too much(20% at most).He was very confident about his specialty. That is what I wanted; a doctor who knows his specialty. He was kind to me and I will be grateful that I was in his skilled hands. So far, so good.

February 14th, 2011
Remarkable
I was referred to Dr. Obukhoff after having experienced 2 failed lumbar diskectomies and having seen 3 consulting surgeons. All 3, highly regarded spinal specialists, said that the actual requirement was so extensive (four level lumbar fusion) that they would only do it as multiple surgeries - 2 level, heal, therapy, 1 level, heal, therapy, and a final 1 level, heal, and therapy - however, there was every probability that at least one of the surgeries would not be wholly successful (more than 2 levels rarely were) and it was likely that the disk below the surgical level would fail because of the load it would have to carry. That would have meant more than 6 years of near continuous surgery and recovery.Dr. Obukhoff took one look at the MRI and said: ' I don't like it, but there is no choice... It must be 4 levels and it must be all at once. The cumulative risk of 3 or 4 surgeries, especially for someone already in the mid-60's, and the ability to enjoy your life requires it.' Investigation revealed that he had a unique record of success with cases such as mine.I became one more positive result. I recovered from this surgery few other surgeons would consider attempting in less time than from each of the earlier 1 level diskectomies. I was restored to a functional, pain free level I hadn't enjoyed in years. He followed up with regular visits and I saw him frequently as he stopped in to monitor my condition and activities in rehab/therapy.Throughout I was treated with the greatest courtesy and consideration. All my concerns were addressed, questions answered, and I was never rushed. His compassion and concern for my welfare was evident. I recommend him without reservation.

January 30th, 2010
Worst Doctor!, Very Unprofessional! Only Cares About Money!
I was referred to this doctor for Carpel Tunnel Release surgery. I wanted to ask him some questions about his experience in performing these surgeries, because I wanted to ensure that I was in good hands. He immediately got angry with me, I could not even finish my question. His oversized ego was bruised that anyone would dare ask questions about if he had a lot of experience performing these surgeries. He very sarcastically started talking about how he has done a few, but he is a Neurologist which is much more important because he operates on the brain, but if i wanted a hand specialist, I could request one. he said "it doesn't matter to me because I don't get paid that much money for hand surgeries anyway" He repeated this three times. I told him it's not about the money you get paid it's about my health. He said angrily "well what do you want to do have me do it or refer you to a hand specialist" I told him that he was very unprofessional and that he would not be doing my surgery. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone who needs surgery and wants to ask questions about their surgery. It is stressful enough having someone cutting on you, and we should not have to deal with doctor's who do not care about their patients.