Dr. Serge Thys MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.5

November 3rd, 2016
TOTAL WASTE OF TIME
THIS IS THE WORSE DOCTOR I HAVE EVER SEEN HE NEVER IF HARDLY RETURNS CALLS TO YOU HE HAS TREATED MY WIFE FOR DEMENTIA RELEASES HER ONLY AFTER A FEW DAYS IN THE HOSPITAL IF IT WAS UP TO ME HE WOULD BE PRACTICING VET MEDICINE IN JAPAN

June 21st, 2016
You will wait a minimum of an hour after your scheduled appointment to finally see Dr. Thys. This has been a consistent occurrence. The staff is not very helpful and reacts to patients as if they're annoyed by them. As staff for a medical office, they should be trained on how to schedule patients appointments accordingly. As in the medical field, working in a psychiatrist office, you should be fully aware that these patients suffer from a range of mental illnesses. They need to be attentive of the patients and at least inform them that the doctor is running behind. Once in with the doctor, personally, I have spent will spent 10min to 20min with him. Then you reschedule a follow up appointment. The staff is very much unorganized.

July 6th, 2015
Dr. Thyss is a professional. He cares about his patients. He doesn't rush you. Spends as much time as he can with you, as he has as very busy practice. He was referred to me by HUMANA. I wouldn't ever think of ever seeing a different physicial to meet my medical needs. Thank you Dr. T. Happy vacation. I miss seeing you.

April 30th, 2015
Dr. Thys seems to be very knowledgeable. I am impressed that he is a "real" MD in psychiatry, AND pediatrics! He is very involved with the Haitian community, which is nice, except if u dont happen to be of that particular ethnicity. I saw him for many years until I couldn't afford it anymore. I think he's great! Apparently, hes very much in demand, and i sometimes wondered if maybe he was becoming overwhelmed!

September 4th, 2014
Wonderful psychiatrist very knowledgeable
He listens to you he knows what he's doing and what he is prescribing you wonderful doctor he's also very fertile and team Spanish very. He definitely looks like he knows what he's doing wonderful doctor by far the best I have ever been. A very humanitarian guy as well. The staff is kind of I do not want to say not good but I'm going to say not the best. Except for a nice lady that works at the first window very nice the rest when you called on the phone or the guy that works in there they're just awful.

March 18th, 2014
Worst ever
This is the worst doctor ever, I have been with this doctor for about a year now, but he never replied to my phone messages, I have to wait for at least an hour every time I go to him. Impossible to get appointment without 3-5 weeks waiting time. He suddenly refused to refill my prescription for life threatening drugs and I had to learn about it through the pharmacy, he did not contact me or warn me. I tried to see him to have this refill for my prescription, but he refused and refused to see me until after 3-4 weeks!! This was depression drug and without it I could have been in serious trouble. The staff was horrible and refused to help, even though they knew I cannot be without my prescription. I had to get emergency appointment with another doctor to get a help. Stay away from this doctor.

January 2nd, 2014
HORRIBLE STAFF!!!
This is by far the most UNPROFESSIONAL office I have ever been to. They make errors on there scheduling appointments and take it out on the patient! My child attempted suicide and was in a facility and desperately needed to see Dr Thys which I might add is her psychiatrist she has been to him before many times...She was scheduled by an angry rude receptionist by the name of Latisha! My child was scheduled in error cause apparently after 2 years of seeing Dr Thys you automatically become a "NEW" patient? Therefore I could not keep this appointment because it wasn't a new patient appointment time!!! Basically we showed up to the appointment and was turned away!!!!They offered her an appointment for 4 weeks later! No APPOLOGIES, No COURTESY, NO CLASS!!!!

April 5th, 2013
mother of the patient
This is the most unprofessional office I have ever encountered. My son waited for an appointment for over a month, because the doctor was on vacation. I made a 5:00 appt. I took 2 hours off from my job in Boca, to pick up my son in Royal Palm Beach, to drive to 45th street under a hail storm only to get there and find the office locked , lights off and closed. There was another patient there as well knocking on the door , who also had a 5 o'clock appointment. No one called either one of us . This to me is rude, and desrespectful to us and to the patient who is the true victim here! The office workers act as if we (patients) are a burden. I will complain to the state again. It's unfortunate that there are not more doctors who take medicaid. I will continue to look for a caring doctor with a respectable , caring staff!!

June 14th, 2012
Excellent Doctor!!!!
I highly recommend this doctor, he is a very good listener and care a great deal about his patients. Office staff is very professional.

October 21st, 2011
First of all , the staff is unprofessional,condescending and disrespectful. It is impossible to get an appointment, and you will wait almost an hour to be seen for your appointment once scheduled. The DR. is arrogant, and could care less about his patients. If you are in crisis, don't bother calling because he will NOT return your call. It seems as if this Dr. services individuals who have little to no insurance options and have no where else to go. He runs a warehouse, getting in as many patients as possible. The quality of care is well below professional level- and I WILL be filing a formal complaint with APA/ AMA regarding this Dr's negligence in following up an emergency matter. It is unconscionable that he would allow a patient, much less a child, to go unchecked on without as much as a phone call to find out what the problem is.

October 10th, 2011
Don't see this doctor
Went to hospital to assess patient, woke her up asked two questions and left. This was in a physiatrics ward. Man should not be allowed to be a doctor!

July 18th, 2011
It is almost impossible to get an appt. if you do some how it "disappears" out of the computer or the time changes?? Office moved without telling the patients.Appts are overbooked and last maximum of 3-5 mins. Staff is cold, impersonal and especially his son who can't seem to get anything straight. I need a new dr. !!