Surgeons

University Of Illinois
912 S Wood St
Chicago, IL 60612
312-996-4842
Locations and availability (2)

Mar 6th, 2014

I had bad severe pain and need more operations.

|  Horrible  |  show details
Jan 11th, 2014

UIC office is completely unorganized and they use walkie talkie to call your name to the back which could be a complete HIPPA violation. Felt like more of a bother than a patient.

|  The kindness of strangers  |  show details
by Marguerite Armstrong on Jun 21st, 2013

My 15yo son was diagnosed with a tumor on his spine in 2011. After dealing with the incompetence of ER Director at RushCopley in aurora who told me nothing was wrong with my son, maybe a pinched nerve, and to be careful of neurosurgeons because they "like to cut". "If it were my son I would not have surgery on him". My son could not walk. He had numbness in his legs and thighs.Being a nurse I did not accept this and took him to Midwest orthopedic Institute in Dekalb. Dr Raymond Whang saw him and knew something was very wrong. He was sent for an emergency MRI of his thorasic spine which showed the tumor.He immediately sent me to UIC and by the grace of God Dr. Neckrysh was his surgeon. He was amazing, he saved my sons life and gave him back his life of playing basketball. He is now playing varsity baketball.Contrary to what some people have said in there responses, he is NOT arrogant and the support staff everywhere was second to none. I now have been told I have multiple problems with my lumbar spine needing intervention, and I told my PCP that there is no one I trust more than him. He saved my son now I'm going to see him next week for help for myself. I trust him with my life. anyone who needs spine surgery or intervention, he is the man and UIC is the only place to go.The kindness of strangers was overwhelming. Please keep me in your prayers.I'm not saying that I'm not scared, I'm saying that I trust myself in their care,and as a nurse that is huge.

|  The best  |  show details
Aug 8th, 2012

This man handles the conditions nobody else wants to touch. He is extremely good. UIC is a state institution, so do not expect the best customer service from the support staff but this is worth going through to have this guy to operate on you. He really knows what he is doing.

Jul 12th, 2012

Guys, if you need spine surgery Dr. Neckrysh is the man for it. Best experiennce ever

Apr 25th, 2012

I have seen many physicians before I came to Dr.Neckrysh. He is the best

Mar 27th, 2012

very professional knows his field very well. He saved my life I would tell anyone who needs a neurosurgeon, to go to Dr. Neckrysh.

Dec 31st, 2011

Very professional physician. Took time to educate me about the condition I had. Superb surgeon. I was out of the hospital in no time!

Feb 5th, 2011

Overall a very pleasant experience. Takes time to explain. Would definitely let him operate on me again if needed.

Apr 29th, 2010