A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Sergio Alvarez:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Sergio Alvarez is Poor.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Alvarez
Sleep Apnea Patient Education Read all about sleep apnea, and understand how this condition is diagnosed and treated, by reading our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Alvarez Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Sergio Alvarez, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Pulmonary Disease, and Sleep Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Alvarez graduated from Universidad Nacional Autonoma De Mexico, Df, Mexico Df.
Dr. Alvarez has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Sierra Medical Center
- Providence Memorial Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Sergio R Alvarez MD is a male Internist, has 39 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Cardiovascular Disease, Critical Care Medicine, and Sleep Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Sergio R. Alvarez practice?
- Dr. Sergio Alvarez has 5 office locations.
Dr. Sergio Alvarez practices Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Cardiovascular Disease, Critical Care Medicine, and Sleep Medicine near Las Cruces, NM.
Additional practice locations include: El Paso, TX.
See Las Cruces Internists, Las Cruces Pulmonologists, Las Cruces Cardiologists, Las Cruces Critical Care Practitioners, and Las Cruces Sleep Medicine Doctors.