Dr. Seshadri Das Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Seshadri Das?

Posted on November 4th, 2015

known him for over 25 years. He is very caring ,devoted ,and very knowledgeable and patient oriented. I have had diabetes for that many years I have known him and I credit him for keeping me healthy. The wait time has been reduced since he joined Mount Sinai School of Medicine more than a year ago.

Thorough and Thoughtful

Posted on October 31st, 2015

I met Dr. Das after being hospitalized unexpectedly and learning that I was diabetic, literally, overnight. As a "healthcare insider," I am acutely aware of doctors' and hospital practices. I find Dr. Das to be both thorough and thoughtful in his demeanor. He spends time explaining different options, addressing your concerns, and, my case, not being offended when I bring in medical case studies and ask for clarification of the results. Dr. Das treats with more of a holistic approach, not strictly medical, but looking at your lifestyle and habits to make sure that your treatment protocol works for you. I have referred numerous friends to him and they are all very satisfied with him and his bedside manner. He is never in "panic mode." He keeps up to date with developments in his medical specialties and with all of the current changes in healthcare today, that's imperative. In addition, Dr. Das makes daily rounds in the hospitals to see his patients. He fully reviews charts and makes certain that his decisions are followed by hospital staff. This is important when you are in a vulnerable situation, as you are when hospitalized. You need to be sure that your doctor is the one in charge of your care. Some people complain about the wait time in his office. I experienced a long wait time only once and after that, I have been in and out of the office within an hour.

Posted on October 30th, 2015

DR DAS IS THE GREATIST

Posted on October 8th, 2015

This Dr wears gloves when he examines me. I am a very clean person and this is a routine exam for my thyroid. Why does he do this?

shortest visit ever!

Posted on August 5th, 2015

OK this time I timed it. Dr Das spent 2 minutes and 34 seconds in the room with me!

Posted on April 6th, 2015

PA Meir was the best. He was the only one who could diagnose and treat my problem accurately and effectively. I will be following him to his new practice.

Great doctor

Posted on February 10th, 2014

Dr Das is a dedicated and brilliant endocrinologist - but, most important, he is sincere, attentive to what you say and feel and is a gentleman. His office is moved now to 774 Manor Road . I am hoping the office is more roomy and the wait is less. !

visit

Posted on February 18th, 2013

he is very knowledgable, kind, has lot of patience ,he is one of the best dr I recommend for every one

Posted on January 30th, 2013

terrible doctor. I had to wait over 4hours in a very dirty waiting room. he spent only 5 min with me, yet i got a bill from him for over $300 stating that he spent 90 min with me which is complete false. he was not concerned about diagnosing or treating me. he kept answering his personal cellphone while he was with me. he did not answer my questions properly, he just rushed me out before i had a chance to even ask him anything.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG wait

Posted on July 5th, 2012

Horrible 4 hour wait. what are scheduled time appointments for?????

Horrible Experience in Every Way

Posted on January 17th, 2012

I went to see Dr. Das after my PCP found a problem w/ my thyroid and he said Das was "the best" endocrinologist on SI. If that's the best this island has to offer, we're in big trouble.From the dingy office and rude receptionist, to the ridiculous wait time to the horrifyingly short visit with the doc, nothing about this office made me want to come back. Ever.The receptionist was curt and uncaring, cursed in front of me and rolled her eyes after hanging up the phone w/ a patient. She also refused to give me an estimated wait time.From the reception, I went to the very small and very full waiting room. Accommodating only 12 chairs for well over 15 patients was to say the very least. The TV was blasting, the carpet was dirty as were the chairs & there was little in reading material. After I waited 2 hours, I had to leave to get my daughter from school (she's only in school 2.5 hours a day as it is), I asked to reschedule hoping the doctor was worth the horror as my PCP said.When I came back a few days later on what another receptionist claimed was a "slower day", I went through the same exact process as before, right down to the other 15 patients waiting in the waiting room barely big enough for the 12 chairs it houses. The difference? I waited 4.5 hours this time and spent a whole 12 minutes with the doctor. I spent more time with the MA when she weighed me, took my BP and my history than I did with the actual doctor. He didn't answer any of my questions directly, they seemed more like vague guesses than anything else. He started me on a medication that he said we'd have to monitor for the next 3 months before we knew if it was working.Anyway, here I am, 1 year 3 months and 2 endocrinologists later, after my initial diagnosis in the SAME. EXACT. SITUATION I started in. My dx is Graves Disease, it's not uncommon, so I've no idea why Das was unable to treat it if he's "the best."I would NEVER recommend this doctor to anyone.

Posted on April 29th, 2011

He's a great doctor but the wait time is crazy...do not make plans the day of your visit honestly its about a 5 hr wait l...I've been seeing him for 3 yrs he has treated my hyper thyroid since my pregnancy...during my pregnancy extremely caring my wait time was about 1 hr...I've notice he caters to the pregnant woman... all in all he is helpful and caring that can be the reason why he over books his patients