Dr. Seth Baublitz DO Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Lancaster, PA

3.9

April 14th, 2016
Dr. Baublitz is awesome. He takes his time and listens to my questions and Was great after my knee replacement

April 13th, 2016
Run...please!!!
Please steer clear of this doctor. I'm in the medical field and did my research before going to Dr. Baublitz for a shoulder surgery. According to my family doctor, a friend who is a physical therapist, and multiple other friends who have seen him for their shoulder injuries, he was the best in this area. This could not be further from the truth. I was pushed into a surgery by this doctor. Even though it was confirmed that I needed the surgery (by 2 other shoulder doctors) Dr. Baublitz assured me he would have me back to normal, which was an active and pain free life. He never talked about any complications that could happen. Dr. Baublitz was so confident that he would be able to do this surgery without hesitation. He constantly lied throughout my time seeing him. Each appointment following the surgery, he would yell at me even though I followed all of the instructions. There was no reason for his yelling. At my last appointment, the office manager heard him yelling at me, and could not figure out why he would be speaking to a patient that way. I took a friend to my last appointment to witness his demeanor. She was appalled and admitted that when I described my appointments to her, she thought maybe I was embellishing it because there was no way a doctor would ever treat a patient in the manner I described. After witnessing the appointment, my friend said it was even worse than I described it. At my last appointment (9 months following surgery) he threw up his arms and said "I don't know what you want me to do for you. I never want to see you again". Less than 2 weeks later I was seen by another orthopedic doctor and had an MRI arthrogram which showed a full thickness tear of the muscle that he had supposedly repaired. But according to Dr. Baublitz, I was fine. I am now post 2 failed shoulder surgeries. I'm under the age of 40 and have had to change jobs, lead a less active lifestyle, buy a new car (I used to drive manual), live in constant pain, and have no functional use of my shoulder. I cannot even drink from a glass using my affected shoulder or reach my hair to wash it. My unaffected shoulder is not in constant pain because of the overuse. I am worse off than I was before my first surgery and live every day of my life in regret of having this surgery. PLEASE, PLEASE take it from me and seriously reconsider choosing a different doctor than Seth Baublitz. I am writing this so that hopefully someone else will be spared the pain and life altering situation I am now faced with. Good luck with your decision.

February 10th, 2015
Terrible experience!!
Competent bit arrogant. His nurse Practitioner is the most discourteous, condescending, domineering devil-woman I've ever met.

August 30th, 2013
Best Doctor
You will not find a Doctor that takes time with you and explains all your options. He cares about his patients and it shows. I would recommend him to anyone. He is the best.

January 18th, 2011
Ball player looking to get back ASAP
From the first time i set foot in his office he showed me that he was very laid back and understanding of the needs and goals that i had for my injury . I personally had a severely torn Labrum in my left shoulder . I have always played baseball / softball and this injury was threatening that portion of my life . But to make a long story short , im playin and with help of my therapy im playing better than i have in years . Thanks Dr B.

June 27th, 2010
lateral release after one year of pain
Dr. B is very knowledgable and familiar with knee injuries. He had suggested lubricating shots before surgery. The shots didn't work on my knee. I had surgery at LGH. He told my wife that i would make a 100% recovery after surgery. I can tell you that i am now able to run almost 9 miles 9 months after surgery. I am not 100% yet as i still need to nurse my knee to a full recovery, but i will get there hopefully in the next 3-5 months.When i 1st went to see DR. Baublitz, i was sceptical until a friend mentioned that they had seen him and was very happy.I am a believer of his skills to correct injuries. I would fully recommend DR. B to anyone.

June 14th, 2010
ACL replacement, cartlidge repair
He saw me after a bad ACL repair by another doctor. Spent a lot of time with me to determine whether or not to completely redo the poor repair. He decided he should redo and also drilled the place where I had torn cartlidge. He was open about my healing time since it would be longer because of my recent previous surgery. I was pretty pessimistic about my prognosis because the other doctor had told me I would only have my knee back at about 60%, but he was very optimistic saying he wouldn't be happy with anything less than 100% recovery. It has been 3 years now and my knee is perfect. He is a wonderful doctor. I recommend him to everyone! I cannot think of one bad thing to say about him. His followup was thorough, bedside manner was excellent, and although wait time can be long, he is worth the wait.

April 20th, 2010
He is a very good doctor
We have had nothing but great success with Dr. Baublitz. My son had an ACL tear, I had rotator cuff surgery and my husband had a quad tear. All of us received excellent care. We would recommend his servcies to anyone.

January 19th, 2010
Patient
I have never been seen at or near the time my appointment was scheduled. I have been telling Dr. Baulblitz of my pain and complications after I had a knee replacement, with no results. I am simply told to schedule another appointment. The staff lost a fluid sample drawn from my knee, and I was treated with arrogance by the nurse, when I was told I had to painfully had to have another sample taken from my knee.The staff is unreliable when calling patients with results or responses

July 15th, 2009
I really like him. He was patient with me especially since I am a whiner. He explained everything to me in "Dick and Jane" terms. Also very, very good looking. That helps when you're in pain.