Internist, Cardiologist (heart)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Sep 24th, 2013

Dr. Krauss has been my husband's cardiologist for the past eight years. He's an intelligent, caring, thorough, and overall fantastic doctor. I feel my husband is in extremely competent hands with him. I highly recommend him for surgical and long-term care.

by Thomas May on Sep 23rd, 2009

Dr. Krauss operated on my heart in 2003, installing 2 stents to remove 50% and 80% blockages. It is now 6 years since my operation and I see Dr. Krauss yearly for a status check-up. His medical competency is complemented by his excellent bedside manner, which makes a patient feel that he actually cares about them. Being a NY Yankee fan is the only negative character attribute I have encountered, but I have been able to overlook that fact and look forward to my upcoming check-up.

by Roger D. Brown on Sep 29th, 2008

On two seperate occasions three years apart the Dr. was called upon to place stints in the arteries of my heart. Each time his manner and professionalism was only over shadowed by his concern for me and my family and friends. Each time he was open and offered his time to answer any questions we might have. All went well and i thank him and his training for that.

|  After all these years I still believe he let my husband die.  |  show details
by Judith Stefchak on Jun 16th, 2008

Dr. Seth Krauss was attending my husband during an emergency room visit August 3, 2003. Instead of working on my husband in a timely manner he wandered from person to person in my group asking how much alcohol my husband drank. What this had to do with anything I do not know considering the man had been in bed feeling bad all day long. He had a cold and didn't feel well or so we thought. This was after Krauss had ask me the same stupid question about his drinking habits. His attitude was rude, he was very cold when he explained to my husband what the procedures would be and shortly after talking to my husband he went into heart failure. This was after I told Krauss my husband had anxiety attacks! The good Doctor was so busy writing his remarks at the desk he wasn't even the first one in the room when my husband started flat lining. Personally, I believe he was writing everything that he figured he needed and wasn't interested in attending to my husband. I think he let him die! His attitude towards me after my husband passed was cold and cruel. I believe because of the good Doctor's obsession with my husband's alcohol consumption my husband was ignored and died because of it. Unfortunately the hospital protects it's own like a pack of wolves and nothing was ever done about this. One more little bit about this clown! He also asked me how much alcohol I drank and wrote in his report that I was drunk. The odd thing about that, the only alcohol I had consumed was at a local pizza parlor early in the day around lunch with a group of friends and that consisted of two glasses of beer (I have people that can attest to that). My husband didn't go into the emergency room until later that evening. So what my drinking or my husbands drinking habits had to do with him being in the emergency room at that point I don't know. Especially my drinking habits...what did that have to do with my husband? I wasn't the one in the bed dying. So, as far as this Doctor's rating, it is some where on the bottom of the ocean with whale dung. Why this clown is still practicing medicine is beyond me. If I could I would see to it that he never practiced medicine again and spent his life picking up garbage along side the road. That is what I think of the good Doctor Seth Krauss of Alaska.