Dr. Seth Lerner MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 6th, 2016
Unbelievable...
My son has chronic eczema. He has been treating with the Trumbull office for years when he get gets flareups without any problems or issues. I called and requested an appointment today since he had a new flareup and asked how much, since he does not have insurance. He is now considered a NEW patient because he had not been there since 2013 and the office visit without insurance went from $90 to $175, being he is now considered a NEW patient. I made an appointment with another dermatologist who was more understanding of my sons situation.

May 4th, 2016
Very Disappointed in Dr. Lerner
After being a patient for over 20 years, with Medicare & recently, my secondary insurance changed. When I arrived at the office, the receptionist took both my insurance cards and I was asked to be seated. I WAS NOT TOLD THAT DR. LERNER DID NOT ACCEPT MY SECONDARY INSURANCE! I saw Dr. Lerner, as scheduled. A few weeks later, I was billed for the 20%, that Medicare did not pay. I called and asked a billing representative to ask Dr. Lerner to write off this $48 bill, as I am fully disabled, live alone & live soley on Social Security. Also, that I wished to remain as a patient. 4 business days later, the billing department returned my call and I was told that Dr. Lerner "had no way of writing this $48 off," which, as a nurse, I know is total b.s. and that I would have to find another dermatologist, for future visits. Can anyone imagine that a physician, that has been in practice, for over 30 years, would not write off this $48 bill and would turn a patient of over 20 years, away??? Just how wealthy does this doctor have to be???

July 15th, 2013
Friendliest Dr. Around
I have seen Dr. Lerner for yearly check-ups since I was about 7 years old (I am now 22). He is so kind and friendly, and very knowledgeable. He encourages you to be cautious about spots on your skin without making you feel nervous. He has caught early forms of skin cancer (including melanoma) on my grandma, mom, and even myself! My entire family thanks and highly recommends him!

December 14th, 2010
Dr. Lerner was fabulous
Very kind and personable. My 7 year old was the patient and really liked him. Very happy!

April 24th, 2017