Dr. Seth Levrant MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

October 3rd, 2015
He is good! Pls believe me
I read all the previous reviews and I was disappointed. I didn't want to go see him. I later observed that the reviews were old so I decided to go see him. I'm glad I did. I had a different experience. I appreciate the fact that he is very knowledgeable and tells you the truth about your condition. He is very calm and patient. He is never in a hurry. He spends time with you and he performs extensive testing. I have struggled with infertility for a very long time. I have come across a lot of doctors, I can tell you that Dr Levrant treated me better than the others (especially the big shot doctors at northwestern memorial hospital). The staff in the Munster office is great (Trish); the staff in the Tinley office is not as nice. Shar (in charge of billing and insurance is exceptionally rude), the nurse ( I can't remember her name; she is elderly) in the Tinley office is cold and often times not nice. Never let her do a vaginal ultrasound on you (too rough). Dr Levrant is great! I promise you, he knows his job. He needs to change his staff. He needs to start by letting char and the old nurse in his Tinley office go! Trish is the only good one. Thanks to God & Dr Levrant, I'm pregnant 😊.

December 31st, 2013
Rude Receptionist
I have only been to this office a few times. During my in person visits, everything went well. Over the phone was a different story!!! I was asking for my records to be faxed to another specialist. The office told me that they had sent the records, but the other office had not received them. I called Dr. Levrant's office and asked if they could be faxed again. The receptionist was totally unprofessional and rude to me. At one point she even said, "This is the last time that I am going to do this for you!" Umm... I thought that a doctors office was a service provider, and I have a right to expect courtesy. I will NEVER recommend this office!!

January 17th, 2013
Worked for me
I began seeing Dr. Levrany in spring 2009 after my insurance dropped my previous provider. I had unsuccessful, trying experiences with that doctor but felt I was finally getting somewhere with him after more than two years with him. So I was nervous to change doctors but found with Dr. Levrant he listened to me, acknowledged my experience and research, and included me on choosing a protocol. It did help that I had preliminary testing and procedures done prior (items that are required by insurance to be done even if they make no sense - insurance requires certain testing protocol to be followed even when it makes no sense medically). We trusted each others instincts and that led to two successful pregnancies. The staff was sweet, knew me by name, and would call to check in on us. All in all I've had good experiences there and will go back for baby #3.

November 2nd, 2011
still seeing this office but it's my last cycle here!
I agree that he is very serious and not easy to talk to or ask a question. Im in the "unexplained" category and it's frustrating to not have an answer. As much as i get along with the staff,,the front desk isn't very friendly and when i call i feel as if im bothering them. And i am never told what my ultrasounds show,,only if i ask them! Same with blood tests! And i've been going here almost 2 years on and off. They aren't very compassionate here and i think anyone going to a fertility clinic needs sympathy! It's so sensitive and none of us want to be there so they could at least try and make it friendly and encouraging instead of getting you in and out. This will be my last cycle with them and if it doesn't work out,i have other referrals in the area that my friends have said they loved!

October 30th, 2011
Disappointed
First, i would like to say that he is very serious and he tells you anything but straight to your face with no lies which is good but i believe this makes him too cold to talk or ask anything. He has to know that infertility patients are very emotional and sensitive. I had two miscarriage from 2 ivf cycle, did not even bother to follow up with me or to find out what was the reason for those miscarriages. They definitely needs good cleaning in their munster office. It's terrible. I will never go back...

October 13th, 2011
Do not recommend
I have PCOS my husband and i did a IVF cycle and it was negative, the doctor stem me the wrong way. He IS VERY impersonable, does not spend time with you and does not have good bedside manners at all. The doc blamed me for obesity with not getting pregnant. I do not recommend. Prices are higher at this clinc as well.

April 14th, 2011
Complete let down
The office staff is completely unprofessional. They use the same office with an ear Dr and use the same staff. When you call you never end up with the same person. They tried to charge additional copayments and even LIED about office visits that I never saw the DR! The staff never acknowledges you with a hello or goodby. The office is run down and looks like it needs a facelift. There was garbage overflowing in the exam rooms. The Dr is OK but the staff HORRIBLE! Find another DOC!

September 3rd, 2010
Not a good doctor for treatment of menapopausal hormone imbalance
Dr. Levrant is very textbook. He follows the "guidelines" according to what is written without looking at the patient specifically. I did not receive an exam nor was I tested for hormones. I was just prescribed medication and that's it. Even after several calls informing him that the treatment did not work I was still never tested for my hormone levels. Instead, he used a previous lab test done from my gynecologist. I definitely would not recommend this doctor for menopausal or post op hysterectomy issues. He clearly is not open to any methods other than what the "standard" treatment options are.

February 25th, 2010
very dissapointing
as a 40 yr old woman dr. levrant should of known to have done assisted hatching on me, but instead he did nothing, which led me to have 2 chemical pregnancies. My new doctor gave me a new medication protocol and did assisted hatching on me and now I am 6 weeks pregnant.

July 19th, 2008
What a wonderful Doctor
My experience with Dr. Levrant was nothing but pleasant.