Dr. Seth Stoller MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

May 19th, 2016
I left Dr. Stoller's office in tears. I suffer from frequent severe menstrual related migraines, and Dr. Stoller delegitimized my pain and instead referred me to a psychologist. He was uncaring, didn't listen to me, and didn't answer my questions. He didn't provide me long term solutions to my chronic pain and he downplayed how severe my migraines are. I felt invalidated and defeated. Don't go to this doctor. Especially as a woman, I would seek out a female doctor who is a headache specialist.

November 23rd, 2015
Great Dr
After reading the reviews I was extremely nervous about seeing Dr Stoller. I have been having migraines and tension headaches he made me feel very comfortable and he took his time and had great bed side manner. He was warm and put me right a ease. Please do not go by these negative reviews. I honestly believe someone did not get they wanted from him and they smearing this Dr and this is not fair. I would recommend him to my family and friends and will be following up with him. I am so happy I kept my appointment you will not regret it!!!

September 27th, 2015
Headache
I have seen six neurologists in the area and 3 in NYC and 1 in Philadelphia... Dr Stoller was the first to help me... My headaches are manageable and I no longer am missing time with my job and family. He is honest, very smartsmart, and for a doctor very approachable.. Highly recommend for headache issues

April 11th, 2015
concussion
Very helpful and supportive I had bad headaches and memory issues from a concussion Saw 2 other "experts" before....useless. Dr Stoller helped me to get back to my job and family! very supportive, honest, and a great bedside manner and office staff...Highly recommend!!

July 1st, 2014
patient and parent - one of the best!
I have been one of Dr. Stoller's patients for many years. I suffered from intractable migraines. He has helped me to manage them, and I have been doing well for the past three years. I also took my daughter to see him for her concussion. She had a lengthy recovery, and after 8 months is back to normal. Dr. Stoller recognized an underlying psychologic issue with her, and promptly referred us to a neuropsychologist. We declined at first, but after going, she improved gradually. There are clearly many people with axes to grind. His skills and candor are refreshing. Highly recommended and one of the most honest, direct, and best doctors I have ever had!

June 23rd, 2014
Disappointing experience
Our experience with the Concussion Center at Overlook and Dr.Stoller were disappointing. He did not relate to my daughter whatsoever or compassionately uncover her issues (post concussion syndrome) and address them. He gave vague directions that left her suffering, directionless. After 4 weeks, staff did not reach out to us to check on our daughter's status. I called their office, left a message and was never returned a call. We by chance and pure luck, found an alternative Dr. who immediately recognized that our daughter was suffering from underlying anxiety which prevented her post concussion symptoms from healing. The new Dr. put her on an immediate and proactive plan for holistic (non-drug) care, gave her a cell number to text questions and receive support through between visits. She really understood how to treat an 18 year old female. Our daughter's situation was turned around in a matter of weeks, and within a month was on the road to recovery. We were very disappointed in the lack of follow up and treatment plan. I'd highly suggest seeking another source of care for concussion management and support.

May 5th, 2014
great physician
Dr. Stoller was very helpful. Suffering from severe headaches and have seen six neurologists prior. I am now much improved over the past four weeks. Highly recommended, honest, and direct

March 28th, 2014
Least patient doctor and incompetent office staff
I can honestly say I have never dealt with a less competent office staff or ruder doctor (or maybe person). This is the first time I have ever left a review online, but wanted to save someone else from having a similar experience. You will have to leave endless messages before getting any response and when you do, don't expect it to be nice. I switched to a different doctor and am so much happier.

January 7th, 2014
Very Professional
Finally I found a doctor that understands my needs. Spent time discussing my history and needs. He listened and diagnosis has resolved issues. I highly recommend him.

November 22nd, 2013
excellent physician
I had an excellent visit with Dr. Stoller. He was prompt, caring, and has helped me get back to my former self. I was suffering from crippling migraines and neck pain. I have referred my mother to him as well. Worth seeing, and am shocked to see the bad reviews...not indicative of him at all..

November 13th, 2013
horrible
complete and total waste of time and space. horrible person, even worse doctor. knew nothing about my neurological condition, basically laughed me out the door. told me point blank he has terminally ill patients in more pain than me. not sure how he knows that. i don't know how this guy even got a degree, let alone a practice. stay far away unless you want to be robbed. i agree with the other reviewer who said they doubt any of the positive reviews are real. he's that bad.

October 3rd, 2013
saved my life
As someone who was suffering from chronic daily headaches, I had been overusing both prescription and over the counter medications. Dr. Stoller was blunt, and caring, but discovered a hematologic issue caused by these medications. This was not discovered by my primary care doctor at a recent phyical. I noted some very critical remarks regarding Dr. S. While he is honest, and emphasizes the need to avoid medication overuse, he is certainly sympathetic and cares for his patients. Sometimes people have to make difficult decisions. I would not allow the people who clearly have axes to grind with Dr.S be a good indicator of his personality, acumen, or compassion. He has a difficult job, but his insistence with me ultimately saved my life. For that, I thank him!!!