Pain Management Specialist, Anesthesiologist (pain control), Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Best PM Doctor. show details Best PM Doctor.
by Lyudmila V. on Jan 26th, 2016

I was very hopeless before I met Dr. Seth Waldman. Spinal fusions, 6 useless spinal shots and a lot of pain. PM Dr in N.J. didn't offer much help or understanding. After my first app with Dr. Waldman I felt better; despite complicated case, he offered his help, he was so kind and understanding. I had some procedures done by Dr Waldman, as well as spinal epidurals.. He is very professional, has good experience , very intelligent man. By now I had many shots done and every one of them were a success. I recommended him to a few of my friends, who go to him for years now. I read few negative posts here. We all have right to have our opinion, but one thing I wish to say. Dr. Waldman isn't rude or arrogant, I would never believe that he sent someone home without offering his professional help. When I was relatively new patient and got severe pain attack after my surgery in a middle of the night, Dr. Waldman called me back in 15 min, sent me to ER (mine you, I live in N.J.), stayed on a phone all night and next day with ER Doctors. This just shows how much his patients mean to him. He is the best PM Dr. His office staff just wonderful, very polite, kind and very helpful. He spends time with me, never feel rushed and follow-up app is a must. I trust his expertise. He was highly recommended to me by one of the best spinal surgeons in America at HSS.

Thank you Dr. Waldman! show details Thank you Dr. Waldman!
by L. Vays on Aug 11th, 2015

My husbands drives me for 2 hrs from N. J. to see Dr. Seth Waldman every month , since 2006. If you need a very professional, very knowledgeable compassionate doctor, who never gives up on you, who listens and spends as much time with you as you need , then you at the right office. Dr. Waldman's staff - every assistant he has in his office- very kind and friendly, professional and lovely. If all Drs in USA would be as good and as carrying as Dr. Waldman, people would be much healthier and happier too. Thank you, dear Doctor!!!

Outstanding, compassionate doctor show details Outstanding, compassionate doctor
by Ellen on Mar 2nd, 2015

Dr. Waldman is the best! He explained my condition clearly and in detail, in terms I could understand. He patiently encouraged me to ask all of my questions and talked through treatment options.

Seth Waldman MD The Best Pain Mgmt Doc ever! show details Seth Waldman MD The Best Pain Mgmt Doc ever!
by Linda Nahum on Jun 5th, 2014

Seth Waldman MD is affiliated with HSS. He is straight forward, confident, makes sure you understand what he said, encourages questions, he is a teaching doctor which carries thru to his patients. He takes all the input and lays out an action plan of what he can do, what you can do and prescriptions when required. He is better than a tranquilizer when you have an anxiety attack and he is very reachable.

by Charles Fontanello on Nov 4th, 2013

Dr. Waldman was a pleasure to deal with. He is one of the best doctors I have ever been too! I would highly recommend him!

The best Pain Mgmt Dr show details The best Pain Mgmt Dr
by Luda Vays on Mar 22nd, 2013

I am very happy that my world known spinal surgeon Dr. Camissa recommended Dr. Waldman as my PM Dr. He spoke very highly of him and now 7 years later I can't be happier. Not only he is very knowledgeable, he is very compassionate. Where will you find a DR who calls you at 8PM with your test results and asks how are you doing after terrible pain attack I had prior? I can recommend Dr Waldman without any doubt to anyone who needs good pain mgmt Dr. He knows field, he cares a lot, he is the nicest person you want to meet. And yes, they do follow up on your condition after each procedures he performs and if something bothers you, he ALWAYS calls you back with questions and suggestions. His assistants Diane and Bonny are also great, very professional, very carrying and friendly.

Dr. Waldman was absolutely wonderful! show details Dr. Waldman was absolutely wonderful!
May 25th, 2012

My experience with Dr. Waldman was wonderful. His expertise and knowledge of my situation put my mind at ease. He was thorough, caring, and wanted to make sure I understood everything and patiently answered all my questions. I recommend him wholeheartedly. Not only that, but 2 excellent doctors recommended I see him. He is now my pain management doctor!

Oct 11th, 2011

He was amazing.Very caring and professional. He spent lots of time with me.I would still be in pain if he hadn't helped and believed in me.The best Dr,

dreadful show details dreadful
Oct 5th, 2011

If you're going to seek pain management at HSS, please don't see this doctor. Waldman is nasty and not interested in patients. He seems more like an ambulance chaser attorney than a caring doctor. He offered my wife no help, and did so in the most brusque manner.

Disappointed show details Disappointed
Jul 8th, 2011

Had to pull information from him concerning my condition and treatment. Arrogant, Big Ego, Uncaring, Just wants to be paid. He should have been a lawyer not a doctor...

Apr 4th, 2011

Have multiple spine problems and have been under his care for a number of years. He is knowledgeable, compassionate and caring.Spends great deal of time and answers all questions completely. Wonderful staff.Wouldn't think of going elsewhere.

Jul 28th, 2010

He is caring and a great pain doctor who also does epidurals for my back pain.

Jul 25th, 2010

You are the worst doctor ever. you should have your license taken away!

by Whitfield on Jul 15th, 2010

I would highly recommend Dr. Waldman. He is the third pain management dr ive seen due to conic pain. I asked him to take an aggressive path due to my frustration and level of pain. He did. I had tests and office appointments scheduled every other day. I would also rave about Diane his nurse. She is amazing in detail and follow-up, honestly amazing. I see the other negative reviews...they do not in any way reflect my experience.

should be selling deli meats, not caring for patients show details should be selling deli meats, not caring for patients
by Leslie Chen on Apr 4th, 2010

Don't be fooled by his HMS internship - he's one of the most disappointing doctors I've experienced. He was rushed, uncaring, and lacking in compassion. Worst of all, there was ZERO follow-up, despite the great monetary expense.

by Not Impressed & Wouldn't Recommend on Jan 4th, 2010

Waited 30 minutes for Dr. Waldman and then he spent about 5 minutes with me. Knowledge of my condition seemed fair. His demeanor is very arrogant and uncaring like he was doing me a favor by seeing me even though I am paying him. I will not be returning to him for treatment. I found him very disappointing for such a good hospital but I guess every hospital has a few of those!

Rush rush show details Rush rush
Aug 18th, 2009

Very Expensive doctor when it involves injections on the spine. (epidurals)BIG EGOLimits his visits to 5-6 minutesalways on the clock.Bedside Manner could be improved