Dr. Seth Zeidman MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Rochester, NY

3.8

October 26th, 2016
Dr. Zeidman was recommended to us, but we were very disappointed with the results of the surgery and, more importantly, with his reactions to the results. The lamanectemy, which I was supposed to receive, turned out to be a spinal fusion. Also, 24 hours after the surgery, my right leg became numb with shooting pains and loss of flexibility in my foot. While I realize that surgery can have unwanted consequences, I could not get anyone on his staff to acknowledge that there were problems or what had caused them. When I did have a nerve conduction study done, Dr. Zeidman looked at the results for less than a minute and told me that I have diabetic neuropathy and should check with my primary care. When I pointed out that neurapathy doesn't happen within 24 hours, he ignored me and left the room.

August 23rd, 2016
The best of all. You can trust this doctor and livec we it hour psin

May 14th, 2015
So far, excellent help, and am feeling as secure with him as my doctor!
I am heading for my first spinal fusion soon, and I am nervous, but cannot take the pain any more. I was scheduled before, and the day of the pre-op with Dr. Z, I felt a bit out of sorts, and when they did my vitals, I had a raging fever...Dr. Z saw me, and was so sweet. I was in tears, as I had been scheduled a few times before, and kept getting sick, as I have a very weak immune system. Dr. Z came in, sat down, looked right at me, and was very comforting as he felt bad for me. I will admit that at previous visits I was quite upset and almost went to someone else because I ony saw Dr. Z briefly, and was handed off to an NP who was not even going to go into surgery with me. That WAS upsetting... Hopefully, things will go smoothly with this first surgery, and I will be ready for the next ones soon after. Yes, I have more surgeries facing me, but this is NOT Dr. Z's fault, but rather due to my messed up body! My neurologist referred me to Dr. Z and I have all the trust in him! I'll come back after my first surgery and let you know how I feel then!!!

August 18th, 2014
surgery
some of these comment and my feeling is that when having surgery you much do what he said after surgery. I have had three surgery and I can not think god enough for give this men the abiltly to work on the human body and help you to feel better. know one would ever be perfect but much better after the surgery his staff in not import\ant it his work. as for rushing you to surgery that your decide when a doctor tell you what your problem. do your research go the library or use your computer.

October 15th, 2012
Your just a number
I've had two surgeries, I've felt worse and worse, every time they have exhausted all their "tests" they rush you to get surgery the only other option they give you is live with the pain. I would only say do research and try and find other options before going under the knife, now I can no longer search for another doctor to work on my back. When I inquired about canceling an upcoming procedure they only cared about knowing fast enough in order to fill the spot. Your just a number to them, if I could give them a 0 I would .... Please ask people with similar problems because his success/failure rate might be off. I wouldn't want anyone else to go through what I am facing right now

October 7th, 2012
Dr Zeidman spent NO time with me and made his physicians assistant do ALL the work. He did not even examine me!! He kept referring me out for other services that were un-necessary. he lacks any sort of bed side manor and I would NOT recommend him to anyone.

August 2nd, 2012
When a Neursrgeon gets just too busy!
After three cervical procedures, two snapped titanium screws in seperate time periods, one embolism in my neck that let go in my hospital room, three crushed vertebral bodies, I finally said enough.Moments from being whisked into surgery for an anterior fussion from c1 to t2, I told him no more. Got up from the operating room bed and never went back to see him again.If you like waiting a lot of time for an appointment to see a Doc for 3-5 min, he is your man. And he will find reason to opperate!

January 27th, 2012
Love Dr Ziedman
All I can say is...He's the best !

December 18th, 2011
Awesome Doctor
I'd had surgery by another neurosurgeon. He'd ruined my back. Dr. Zeidman found out what was wrong and got me fixed. He's the greatest

June 5th, 2011
Respect Dr. Zeidman very much - Excellent physician!
I have had to undergo several spinal surgeries following an accident and I was in excellent hands with Dr. Zeidman. The entire office is professional and so helpful. I would highly recommend Dr. Zeidman to anyone needing a neurosurgeon! Thanks to him and his staff!

March 28th, 2011
gave me a new lease on life
My back is saved, i have walked around with many degenerated discs for soooo long and this man is a healer and a miracle worker. Now to get off all the pain meds, and i would go back to him in a heartbeat

November 17th, 2010
Love him.. wonderful Doctor !