Dr. Sever Surdulescu MD Patient Reviews

June 9th, 2016
Very nice office staff

December 16th, 2014
Very disappointed
The doctor had no bed side manner. He seemed rushed and didn't explain my test result. When I did asked a question it was short. I felt like it was a total waste of my time.

October 2nd, 2013
Ms.
Excellent care whether on an office visit or in in the hospital. Dr. Surdulescu listens and addresses my illness with expertise. When I have been in the hospital he or his partner visited daily and saw to my recovery in every way possible. I would definitely recommend his practice to any one with a pulmonary need. I am very confident in his care. He and his office are four star all the way!

September 12th, 2013
Excellent Care
Excellent diagnostic skills, very knowledgeable, thorough and compassionate. The care here is outstanding.

October 18th, 2012
You will be diagnosed with sleep apnea if you go here!
I went to this doctor concerning an issue, unrelated to sleep apnea, but before I could even describe my symptoms, he was saying that he thought I had sleep apnea and he wanted to give me a sleep study. So, I went for the sleep study, not expecting to find anything (or find something minimal), and had a horrible experience. The sleep tech was very strange and creepy, and told me that he had failed the test multiple times that you have to take to be a sleep tech. He seemed very nice, but almost too nice, if you ask me. He even came in my room in the middle of the night and sat and talked to me for a while, assuring me it was ok to have sleep apnea, and he wasn't supposed to tell me, but I had what looked to be severe sleep apnea. Keep in mind, I don't have symptoms of severe sleep apnea. On top of that, I was panic attacking all night, and had asthma attacks, so my oxygen was not that great anyway. So, I leave, and the next business day I get a phone call from the front office saying that I have moderate - severe sleep apnea, and I need to come in for a C-PAP study. So, I scheduled that. In the meantime, I started researching this doctor online, and found other reviews that felt he "over-diagnosed", so I started being more skeptical. I then called back to ask more info about my study, and the front office person said they couldn't find my file (??) but "just happened" to remember I had at least moderate, but maybe severe sleep apnea. (I think he remembered that b/c everyone that comes in the office has mod-severe apnea, so they can get them on C-PAP). So, I went and picked up my "report" from this doctor, and took it to get a second opinion, at a hospital-based clinic. This clinic noted right off that there were multiple errors with the report, even elements that would make it not acceptable to insurance companies. I had a subsequent "split night" sleep study at the hospital based clinic, where they wake you up at 2 am if you have evidence of sleep apnea, and put you on C-PAP to finish the study. I have not gotten my report yet, so I don't know the actual findings, but I do know that they didn't wake me up to do the C-PAP which would lead me to believe that I don't have severe sleep apnea! I will update as soon as I have the report from the second opinion!

February 1st, 2010
Overdiagnosis
Beware of overdiagnosis. This physician seems to want to push unnecessary treatment and CPAP equipment on patients. I had a second opinion and the treatment was deemed to be completely unnecessary.

February 19th, 2009
Excellent Doctor
Very caring doctor. Always has time to talk.