Dr. Seymour Melnik MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 28th, 2014
From First Birth through Hot Flashes
First of all, the only wait time was in the office. Bring a book for God's sake! All doctor's offices are like that! I never felt like I was rushed once back in the office. He delivered my first child (now 34) and now seeing him for hot flashes. Very capable and caring.

March 12th, 2014
"I don't know, this is not in my field"
I was a patient of Dr. Senior Melnik, for about 6 years now. I only saw him once a year for my annual paps, up until this point. I was getting sharp pains in my lower right abdomen saw 3 doctors before Melnik and all 3 said that i must see an OBGYN. i couldnt get an appointment with Melnik for another week-in-a-half; i called every-single-day to see if they had any canceled appointments because i was in excruciating pain, they didn't have not ONE canceled appointment . I FINALLY saw Dr. Melnik after waiting so long, losing time from work and being in such pain, sitting in his office in tears from the pain Dr. Melnik literally said to me "This is not in my field and I don't know what your pain is." I mentioned that relatives in my family have had the exact pain I was having and were diagnosed with endometriosis, however, it was found by laproscopy surgery. Dr. Melnik response was "well, i can do the surgery IF you allow me to but I don't know what that would do and insurance can take weeks to approve." I left his office in tears thinking that perhaps the pain i was feeling was in my head. I got referred to Dr. Rocca at PIH Women's Health center by my primary Doctor. Dr. Rocca was FANTASTIC he saw me right away and without me saying anything, other than answering his questions he diagnosed me and had my surgery scheduled that very Monday (3 days later). If you read this Dr. Melnik; i had the laproscooy surgery done, it Was endometriosis on BOTH ovaries and behind my right ovary...so, guess that would mean it WAS IN YOUR FIELD. Thanks for being so rude because i have now found a doctor that actually cares about his patients.

January 5th, 2014
BAD BAD MEDICAL CARE
this dr preformed a D & C and damaged and tore my uterus and damaged my tubes leaving me sterile. at age 20 yrs. old. telling me I lost a baby and was 8 to 10 weeks along and later found out I was 5 months. Leaving a fully developed head in me causing a life threatening infection.

September 17th, 2012
Dr doesn't know what he is doing. I am terrified of my upcoming delivery with this staff, but have no other options due to insurance. Best advice find another doctor.

June 13th, 2011
Never in myn life!
do not go here! they do not allow children to be in their waiting room! they want you to take your child out to the lobby by the service elevators and sit in some chairs they have out there... and wait to be called! (like a leper) they do not allow them in the waiting room at all, but you can take them in the room when you are being seen! ???? won't the child pass by the pregnant women or may even be near one. i guess pregnant women can get some serious illness by sharing a waiting room with children! a pregnant women should not be exposed or near children because they might harm the unborn child is what i was told. hmmm...??? what?! that was news to me. i have never ever been told that my child could not be with me in a waiting room or near a pregnant women before. don't pregnant women walk out of their homes? there are children everywhere! (malls, restaurants, beach, pharmacy, etc.) they are going to have one for crying out loud! i have never heard of this policy and believe it is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard! women have children in hospitals! that is where the most dangerous diseases are! i even offered to have my daughters vaccine sheet be faxed to there office, but they refused! why? if they are so concerned that my daughter has had all her shots so that she doesn't affect others then why refuse to see her vaccination form!? i will never go there and i hope anyone who has or plans to have children find this seriously offensive and discriminatory. i took a stand against this policy and hope others do the same.

February 8th, 2011
Terrific Doctor
I was a little skeptical about seeing Dr. Melnik after reading a negative review, but I decided to seek a 2nd opinion from him regarding a hysterectomy. Dr. Melnik was wonderful, he gave me my diagnosis and then preceded with various options. Dr. Melnik is not only professional but he is caring and compassionate. My surgery went extremely well and he was at my bedside daily during my stay at the hospital. I would definately recommend Dr. Melnik to any woman looking for a great OB/GYN. My only regret is that I didn't know about him many years ago when I had my (2) sons as I would have really loved if he would have delivered them. His office staff is great too, contrary to the negative comments. I would like to thank Frances for all of her help in getting everything I needed prior to my surgery.

November 22nd, 2010
Pregnant Mothers Beware!!!
Referred to Dr. Seymour Melnik by my mom..so I took my pregnant 71/2 month wife with no insurance to see him. We paid $150 for one check up appointment and without are knowledge had a remaining balance of $2,000 dollars!!! Dr. Melnik office automatically enrolled us in some "global "pregnant mothers program for only one visit. (we never signed papers or was told about this) As soon as we had insurance we were going to change doctors anyways since the staff was not friendly at all. We had to post pone our appointments with new the dr. cuz because dr. Melnik's office wouldn't fax over our records. The new Dr. sent over a fax with "Stat" i guess expressing to them urgent. But with waiting more than a week and numerous phone calls expressing my wife needs to see the new dr. we get a generic response and "whenever the Doctor can get to it..he will send it back." Dr. Seymour Melnik I'm sure is a great Dr. but we never got to meet him on our first visit but the staff is horrible and not friendly or helpful.

February 22nd, 2017