Ophthalmologist (eyes)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

by Chris Clifford on Dec 20th, 2014

My first visit was scheduled on their first day in a new office suite, and they let me know they were running a bit behind because of it. All other appointments were very prompt. The staff is very friendly and they don't act like you are bothering them when you ask questions. Dr. K is very nice, knowledgeable, informative, and gentle. I would recommend to anyone looking to get LASIK done!

|  Highly Recommend  |  show details
by Nancy Taylor on Sep 10th, 2014

Dr. khambati was very nice & supportive. He did an excellent job with the procedure & so far so good. I really can see without my glasses!!! I would highly recommend him, we drove 45 minutes to have him do the procedure but I know he comes highly recommended.

|  Amniotc Membrane, the BEST experience for my dry eyes  |  show details
by Judy VonBon on Aug 27th, 2014

I suffered from dry eyes for years. The only solution offered to me from my prior eye doctor was more eye drops. My family doctor sent me to Dr. Khambati. A new procedure called the Amniotic Membrane was explained. I said YES! The membrane was applied painlessly and with no discomfort or side effects. A week after the 2nd eye was done, I never used another eye drop again. I was amazed at the total transformation from being someone who cupped my eyes and shielded them from wind, light, dust to now I living life as a normal person. I always had 3 bottles of eye drops in my car that I would use at red lights, now I can concentrate on playing with the radio. I am thankful everyday the pain and graininess are gone. Dr. Khambati said it may last a year, but I will happily get it done annually if needed. Finding Dr. Khambati and his caring office was the best thing that ever happened to my eyes.

by Sara Abdulhussain on May 17th, 2014

I just got the LASIK surgery done and Dr. Khambati and his staff made me feel very comfortable. It was a great experience.

|  Satisfied  |  show details
by Lisa L. on Mar 12th, 2014

Dr. Khambati is professional, courteous and knowledgeable. It is easy to trust him with your eyes. During my Lasik procedure, he and his staff made me feel very comfortable and walked me through it step by step. The results have been amazing. I highly recommend Dr. Khambati for any eye care need.

by Sarah on Jan 18th, 2014

Dr Khambati was a wonderful doctor. He made me feel comfortable and reassured. He explained the procedure in detail and I was surprised by how quickly it was completed. I would recommend him to anyone!

Jan 6th, 2014

Had a fabulous experience at the Lake Lazer Eye Center; Dr. Khambati is great!

Jan 4th, 2014

I will be recommending Dr. Khambati to everyone I know. It was the most rewarding experience to wake up this morning and look at the clock to see what time it was. Never in my life have I been able to do this. I am so pleased with every aspect of my surgery and so grateful for all of the wonderful employees at Lake Lazer Eye Center.

Dec 4th, 2013

It's so nice being able to see without glasses or contacts.

|  Amazing Doctor  |  show details
Nov 14th, 2013

I was very happy with my Lasik Surgery. I can now see better than 20/20. I used to get ulcers in my eye from bacteria getting trapped under my contact lenses, now I don't have that headache anymore. I can go with out glasses and contacts and the surgery is very quick and not too painful at all. Healing time is quick too. Doctor explained the procedure to me very well and I felt very comfortable going into the surgery with him.

|  Highly recommend  |  show details
by Jack on Nov 6th, 2013

My husband and I have been seeing him for approx. 4 yrs. he was recommended by our Dr. he is very thorough with his exams, His staff is also very knowledgeable and curteous. Would highly recommend him. He is patient in answering and explaining any questions you may have.

|  eye treatment  |  show details
Oct 28th, 2013

i know he deserve five stars i did a mistake by taking my mom to dr.Tod adelson in warren, and he did terrible cad.surgery my mom cannot see on left eye anymore,my brother had his lasik surgery done by dr.chambati,he is very happy with,i hope he fix my mom's eye too.

|  Amazing doctor  |  show details
Oct 19th, 2013

Caught my glaucoma when no one else did. Thanks Dr. Khambati

Oct 18th, 2013

Best decision every to have lasik done!! Did alot of research and Dr. Khambati was always stated as the best. Thanks

Oct 15th, 2013

He makes a good first impression. We discussed my previous Lasik surgery 8yrs ago . My vision was changing and I needed an upgrade. He performed a PRK. The results were a disaster. He kept me coming back for nearly a year saying healing takes time. My vision was terrible--halos, starbursts around objects, and double vision. I went for a second opinion--"over correction, astigmatism and scarring on my cornea. I need a correction but now I am terrified to have anyone do anything. I reminded Dr Khumbati from one medical person to another that we took a pledge to "do the patient no harm" and that he harmed me. He offered to do an enhancement for $650 per eye. Hmmm I don't think so!

Doctor's Response

I am sorry you are not happy with your results. I am not sure who this is as I have not had any complaints about our LASIK surgeries in so many years. On a side note we charge $350 NOT $650 for enhancements . If you would like please call us and I will try to help in anyway that I can. I never try to intentionally harm anybody and fully expect all my patients to have great results. My success rate is still one of the highest in the state. If you have mistakenly written this review thinking I was another doctor I will also try to help you. Please contact us. Thanks.

|  I REALLY RECOMMEND HIM  |  show details
by Melissa Holt on Sep 2nd, 2013

I HAVE ALREADY TOLD A COUPLE OF MY FRIENDS THAT IS INTERESTED IN LASIK SURGERY ABOUT HIM. HE IS AWESOME. HE PUT MY MIND AT EASE. HE ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTIONS. VERY PLEASED WITH HIM ALL THE WAY AROUND!!!!!

Aug 3rd, 2013

THIS is the place you've been looking for! Dr. Khambati made me feel safe and comfortable. (I NEVER experienced any pain from my procedure...not ANY!) My recovery was quick and the results are awesome without looking too "changed"...just better! Highest recommendations!!!! Jay in Northville

|  Literally an eye opener  |  show details
by DaveA on Jul 16th, 2013

I was referred to Dr Khambati for eyelid reduction surgery. As I aged my eyelids developed a fold that covered the outer edges of my eyes. There was discomfort and as I found out it was also affecting my vision. The procedure was simple from my patient perspective was just a local anesthetic for the surgery and very little pain after. Now that my healing process has completed (about a month) people in my life complement me on the visual improvement of my eyelids. I tell them "you should see it from my side". My vision is brighter and clearer than it's been in years and the discomfort of the skin fold is gone. I recommend this surgery if you are experiencing the symptoms I described. Dr Khambati did a beautiful job and I can only thank him.

by Abby on Jul 12th, 2013

Awesome experience!

|  Excellent Service  |  show details
by Tia Williams on Jun 25th, 2013

Dr. Khambati, is great and so his team. I'd recommend him to anyone thinking about surgery or someone just looking for a great Ophthalmologist.

by Gordon on Jun 17th, 2013

I had an appointment to get an eye exam, we talked about Lazer surgery because I had Trifocals.and Dr Khambati was up front said I would still have to use readers. had the surgery done last Nov. doing very good can see to do everything, ben back several times for the ck ups staff is allways grate. Dr Khambati is the best in my opinion thanks to all. would recommend to everyone.

|  Lasik  |  show details
by Chris C. on Jun 14th, 2013

I had my Lasik surgery done by Dr. Khambati in 2012. The whole experience from the initial appt., to see if I was a candidate, to my last follow-up appt., has been a great experience. Very helpful and friendly staff, and Dr. Khambati is and excellent doctor. He answered all my questions, eased my concerns and the surgery was quick and painless. I would highly recommend him to anyone considering Lasik. I had a strong prescription and love not having to wear glasses or contacts.

Jun 6th, 2013

Had Intralase Lasik, with great results. Doctor and staff are really friendly and helpful. Procedure was quick and painless, and doctor helped to alleviate nerves. I will definitely recommend Dr Khambati to friends and family.

|  clerk  |  show details
by Hanna K. on May 25th, 2013

Dr Khambati and his staff very professional. I had lasik surgery, and I very pleased with the results. I would highly recommend him to others.

|  Happy Customer  |  show details
by Timmothy Maison on May 15th, 2013

The staff were very friendly and I enjoyed the entire experience. I'm very happy to be able to get up in the morning and be able to see my world.

|  Database Administrator  |  show details
by Rachel Gordon on May 13th, 2013

I had Lasik surgery last week and I must say, Dr. Khambati and his staff were very professional, courteous and knowledgeable. They answered my questions helped to remove any anxiety I may have had. During the surgery, they informed me about what was happening every step of the way. I had an excellent experience and would recommend them to anyone.

|  Lasik Surgery  |  show details
by Jeffrey R Stevenson on May 11th, 2013

After wearing glasses for over 20 years I finally decided to get LASIK done. After talking with Dr. Khambati I was convinced that I could trust him with my eyes. and I was. I had my surgery on a Friday and the next day at my follow up visit I was able to read the 20/20 vision line for the first time without any glasses. The day of the surgery was very relaxing Dr. Khambati talks to you to make sure your doing fine the staff was exceptional. I would highly recommend Dr. Khambati to anyone who is looking to get LASIK, its only been a couple of weeks since my surgery but so far its been the best decision I've ever made so far.

|  mrs.  |  show details
by gwen bliss on Apr 17th, 2013

I went to Dr. Khambati to have touch up PRK done on my eyes 11 years after having lasik done by another doctor. Dr. Khambati was honest and accurately described what to expect during surgery and my recovery afterwards. Everything went exactly as he described, so though at times it was uncomfortable, I never felt anxious. The only thing that was not accurate were the results...I could see even more clearly than Dr. Khambati predicted!!! I no longer need glasses to drive at night nor do I have to wonder what signs say when I'm driving during the day. Now that I can trust what I see, I realize how much stress NOT being able to see caused me. Not only is he skilled and honest, he is also a GOOD LISTENER and thoroughly explained everything I or my husband had questions about. His staff was also knowledgeable and pleasant. Very easy to get an appointment. We hope Dr. Khambati is still available for when our daughter is old enough to have lasik.

|  Highly recommended for LASIK!  |  show details
Apr 14th, 2013

Dr. Khambati is an extremely skilled physician. I went to him for LASIK and have been very pleased with the results. I would highly recommend him to others. Getting an appointment with him is a little difficult, and his staff is somewhat scatter-brained and disorganized. It makes it difficult to get through to see the doctor. Once you see the doctor, however, he's great at answering all of your questions and explaining things in terms you'll understand.

|  AMAZING DR and staff  |  show details
by Kate Dunphy on Apr 13th, 2013

Dr Khambati and his staff at both locations are wonderful!! They made the entire experience very comfortable and easy. I was well informed of each step of the process and never had any unanswered questions. Both Dr Khmabati and his staff were easily reached and took time with me, never rushing.

|  Highly recommended  |  show details
by Denise P. on Mar 26th, 2013

Dr. Khambati performed Lasik for me in May of 2004. Threw away my coke bottle glasses and my bad eye is 20/20. He has always been incredibly accommodating and without fail stays on top of any latest equipment and processes to give his patients the best possible service.

Mar 18th, 2013

I had the latest Lasik procedure done 1 year ago. I'm so happy with the results! Better than 20/20 vision. Best money I ever spent! I had researched correcting my vision for decades, After consulting with Dr. Khambati, I was confident I was in good hands, completely professional and easy to communicate with. He answered all my many questions and put me at ease.

by Andria S. on Mar 11th, 2013

Very helpful and caring staff. I am 100% satisfied with my intralase procedure.

Mar 7th, 2013

Dr. Khambati and his staff do an amazing job!

by karen K. on Feb 19th, 2013

They were all very nice and easy to work with. Dr Khambati is genuine and caring, not something you come across everyday in the medical community.

|  Diagnosed me with glaucoma  |  show details
Feb 6th, 2013

Great doctor and staff. Diagnosed me with glaucoma using latest technology. Thanks

|  The best care  |  show details
Aug 27th, 2012

Dr. Khambati explained everything. The surgery was painless and my results were great. Kudos to him and his staff.

|  Great experience  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2012

I was diagnosed with rare infection by dr. Khambati when other doctors missed it.Great doctor and staff.Has the latest equipment.

|  Cannot recommend this Dr. for anything!  |  show details
Mar 28th, 2012

I was taken back by his bored, impersonal male assistant. No greeting & insisted on giving me a vision exam for glasses even tho I kept telling him that this was a medical issue and was not time for new glasses!Even that exam was flawed as I could not keep my right open enough for a vision exam! I was then wrongly diagnosed by the Dr. He rushed me through, dismissed my problems as a "side effect". Prescribed the wrong eye drops at $100.00...my co-pay cost and never followed up when I cancelled my next appointment. This must happen alot to him.

|  Best experience  |  show details
Dec 9th, 2011

Great doctor, wonderful staff.Diagnosed me with retinal Tera's when other doctors missed it.Saved my sight.Thanks,Dr. Khambati

|  worse eye care  |  show details
May 11th, 2011

I had the worst experience at this place, I wouldn't reccommend going here. He diagnosed me with the wrong presription, I called several times to tell them that my prescription was wrong and I was getting severe headaches. They told me that my eyes had changed significantly and that I needed to wait. I called for three months, presistently, finally they agreed to recheck my eyes. Turns out I was right, they gave me the wrong prescription, I had already bought a year supply of contacts and new glasses. The receptionist was horrible and absolutely rude. I don't reccommend this doctor, I am still trying to get the right precription for my glasses, they are a hassel to talk to.

by Ms. Snyder, Westland, Mich. on Mar 17th, 2010

He's the BEST eye doctor you'd ever want to have! He's very professional, kind and sensitive to my needs. Great staff and very efficient! I had lasik surgery in March of '07 and I've been able to see better than 20/20! Kudos to you Dr. K!