Dr. Shabbir Shakir Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Shabbir Shakir?

Hysterectomy

Have you seen Dr. Shabbir Shakir?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 7th, 2015

Dr.Shakir tried hur

I went to the ER with severe kidney pains,and some blood in my urine, upon arival I was told I had a severe infection and that I had 2 kidney stones about 4.5Mm round. The staff let me know that the possibility of passing them on my own were highly unlikely and that I would need to be admitted and it would require surgery. Two days after being admitted I finally spoke with Dr.Shakir, and he explained to me what the surgical procedure was. I was to have a camera inserted, shock wave therapy to break up the stones, and then have a stint put in place to help pass the stones. After surgery I stayed in the hospital for 2 more days, during those 2 days I was in the post excruciating pain I had ever felt in my life, I was told to strain my urine every time I had to go, and of course I obliged. This is where it gets really bad, instead of urine, blood, thick dark blood was coming out. It hurt every time, so much that my husband would hold me up to keep my from colapsing to the floor. My visitors all talked about how I was becoming extremely pale, I honestly started to feel like I was dieing and no one would help, I asked the nurses numerous times when Dr.Shakir would be coming to speak with me and all they could say is they have been unable to to contact him. Finally (the last day I was there) I demanded to speak with him as I just couldnt stand the pain anymore, and was becoming so weak I couldnt walk. When Shakir finally arrived I began to ask him questions....was the surgery successful?, why havent I began passing stones, why wasnt the pain medication working, and why was I bleeding so bad. Shakir then said he was unable to locate any stones so had in fact not done the main part of the procedure and instead just placed a stint in. When I asked him why he had put a stint in, if he didn't find any stones all he could say was, I don't know. So of course I panicked, I had them remove the IVs and discharge me so I could go to another hospital. After trying several other hospitals, I got the same answer, no doctor is going to touch another doctors work. So, with having no other option I returned to the original hospital and requested the stint be removed. After some wait, an RN said Shakir agreed to remove the stint, but that the nurse would have to do it. After removal I felt instant relief, the blood began to subside and I began to feel ok again. Unfortunately, the pain in my kidney is back, so I Will be going to another urologist to find out the real cause and to see what damage was done.

May 2nd, 2015

If you value your life you will keep looking for doctor

My husband almost died over the kind of care this (questionable)doctor provided or perhaps due to the lack of care- He blatantly lied to me about some things re: my husbands care as did his worthless staff- if he is the best you can get then you are better off with no one- putting your care in his hands is the most dangerous thing you could do to yourself-

April 6th, 2015

My own experience

I've read all the reviews. I assume that all the staff except for one are fresh out of school. I felt that they are trying hard to learn but have no tutoring in office procedures nor patient communications. I was worried by the time I was called back to see the doctor but was pleasantly relieved to find that he knew what he was doing. I am with BFMC and have to accept what doctors they send me to. I have no say so in the matter. So this time with this doctor I feel secure in having this surgery.

March 21st, 2015

GOOD

last month I tried calling Dr Shakir's office and could not get through after a few tries, I finally got through and spoke to the supervisor and she gave me an appt. When I went for my appointment I realized why I could not get through, the office is so busy, phones ringing one after the other . The staff including the supervisor were very kind. Above all, the doctor was concern and listened to my problem and gave me Rx to solve my condition. Very nice Doctor and staff

March 19th, 2015

I haven't seen the docter. My experience with the staff is that the supervisor, Olivia, is, arrogant, officious and rude. She did not exhibit any concern over the frustration and possible harm to the many patients who are trying unsuccessfully to contact the office by phone.

April 7th, 2014

Worthless

The staff was the only good thing about going to this doctor office. After a 45 wait time passed the scheduled appointment time I was taken back to Dr. Shakir's office and asked to wait. There were medical files and xrays scattered all over the floor and across his desk, some open for anyone to read. The "Doctor" came in, looked at me and immediately asked, "How much do you weigh?" Upon my answer he just said he could not help me and made a face to let me know that he did not approve of my size nor care about my medical condition. No tests were ran, no questions asked.

January 4th, 2014

grateful

I went to see Dr shakir for a very concern problem and he gave me a very accurate diagnosis and i was relief to know the problem was not as bad as i thought it was, sometimes u think the worse, but it's good to go to a specialist to get the right diagnosis. Dr shakir was very proffesional and the staff was too. I am glad I went to Dr Shakir a very good Dr.

November 30th, 2013

appreciate all

I was leary about making appointment because I read some of the reviews on Dr. shakir, but I'am glad I took the chance because I heard Dr Shakir is a very good doctor, Dr. shakir was very caring and helped me with the problem I'am having. As for the staff I felt they were very nice and friendly, all in all I was very pleased and would recommond any one with urinary problems to take their chance in coming to see him. very pleased

October 6th, 2013

HAPPY PATIENT

Had a very pleased appointment with the Doctor, gave me a relief to know my condition is solvable with meds. very nice office staff, got an appointment the next day. Thank you Doctor and staff

August 21st, 2013

My experience at Dr. Shakir's office went better than expected. He was open to answer any questions that I had. I was happy with the diagnosis that he gave me and how to resolve it, and i must say the staff was very kind and caring. I definetly reccomend him to anyone with urological problems. i was very pleased

May 7th, 2013

Receptionists are rude and incompetent

I appreciate the other reviews about the rude staff and long waits. I had a bad vibe after the nurse called me to make my appointment. I was mobile and couldn't write the address down. I asked if she could text or email dr shakir's address down. She replied, "We don't do that." After I hung up, I read the reviews. I'm going with my gut and canceling this appt. when I called to cancel, that receptionist was skater brained and has NO business answering phones for a living. Look elsewhere!! Dr Shakir may be a good doctor, but if he surrounds himself with incompetent staff, you have to wonder.

December 20th, 2011

His receptionist-office manager was extremely rude to me on the phone. I needed an Rx refill and had the pharmacy call the doctor's office for refill. For two weeks they kept telling me they would refill the medication, but it never got done. Then two weeks later when I asked about it, she yelled at me and kept repeating because I owed $15 to the office from a year ago, they wouldn't refill my medication. I said I could pay today in the office, but she refused to accept in person payment and said to mail it in then she'll get back to me when she feels like it. The office staff are EXTREMELY RUDE and uncaring about your plight because they will let you go without your medication over a $15 bill!