April 26th, 2017
Smart Neurologist
One day I was at work and all of a sudden couldn't walk. I went to the emergency room and had to use a wheelchair. I was in Reston hospital for three days. Dr. Hasan was my neurologist on call. He did good making me walk again that I dropped my previous neurologist.

December 8th, 2015
First of all I would like to say I did get to see the Doctor so my complaints are strictly on the Herndon office receptionist and making my appointment. After making an appointment I decided to call ahead and make sure the insurance I would be using was acceptable because I was seeing the doctor due to a car accident. It took 2 calls to receive a reply that "yes they we do take car accident patients and medpay insurance for the claim". I had a letter to verify and approve coverage and all the specifics. First of all I was given a 11:45 appointment only to be told upon arrival my appointments as not until 12:45. I was upset but seeing it could be my fault, I said I would just wait it out. While waiting I was given papers to fill out and asked for my insurance info. When I handed the receptionist the papers and my Insurance she said "we do not do this" insurance with, what she called 3rd party insurance . I explained to her I had called 2 times and went over this and was told they did indeed take this insurance for Car accident patients. The receptionist said "I was not the one you talked to, but we do not take this type of insurance". She wanted my health insurance. I asked her if she could file the medpay 1st and I would provide my medical insurance also should there a problem with the Medpay claim. I also provided her with a letter from Erie Medpay that confirmed they would pay any claims. Just for the sake of making this complaint shorter.....this receptions argued that this could not be done! All of this while she walked around the office ranting how she was alone and busy, along with many,"I can't"s, "we don't"s and " I'm unable"s, to other patients as well.....simply one negativity after another! Then she proceeds to tell me "she's trying to help me" . This receptionist was against helping me from the minute I entered the door. All this time I'm in so much pain and told her as much! She obviously didn't care! You would imagine my surprise when another receptionist returned from (I'm guessing Lunch) and says they could file the insurance as I had requested. Unbelievably, even after this was said, the 1st receptionist continued to tell me she could not. At this point I was so incredibly angry, I took my papers and left. My ratings above reflect the office receptionist and not the doctor himself , as I didn't even get that far! I fact I had heard and read may good things about Dr Shabih Hasan.

June 24th, 2015
Excellent Doctor!
Very happy with Dr. Hasan. I had a longstanding recurring condition that my primary care doctor misdiagnosed. Primary care recommended Dr. Hasan for second opinion and he correctly diagnosed the problem. Another neurologist I saw a few years earlier failed to make the diagnosis.

April 14th, 2015
Dr. Hasan was wonderful. I treated me in the ER and took time to explain everything. He did not encourage more tests than needed which I greatly appreciated. My follow up appointment was great and he was thorough in his treatment.

February 17th, 2015
He is real doctor in that he listens and cares.t.he care a about me.healer

January 12th, 2015
Dr Hasan is a wonderful doctor. I have seen him on multiple occasions over the last 2 years. His office staff are unorganized, but he is worth the headache.

November 28th, 2013
Had a sleep study here, experience was great
My wife said I snored a lot and I had trouble sleeping so I went to see Dr. Hasan. It was a great experience, he explained the treatment and I've been sleeping better ever since.

August 26th, 2013
Only interested in money
I saw the doctor three times and had three different sleep studies. Each time I would ask what is the cost of the study. I could not get a straight forward response. Dr Hasan and office personnel referred me to my insurance and they referred me right back to the Dr. office. The office staff is very disorganized. Their tone sounds like they are extremely annoyed.

April 19th, 2013
Great doctor but poor communications, especially with staff
I like Dr. Hasan, he is the first doctor I have seen after being bounced around everywhere with my health problems who has shown good bedside manner. I have only seen him twice so far though. I have major migraines, and other Neuro/Nerve disorders. The med he first tried me on did nothing and I had horrible side effects, so I tried calling for a week straight every day and never got a call back.. finally I reached him but I was in soo much pain I could barely talk at that point. At my 2nd appointment I felt much more at ease and listened to, he is very kind and personable and does everything he can to make you comfortable, and get a correct diagnosis with testing. However, his staff.. at least the couple I have spoken to on the phone are fairly rude. It seems like it is a hassle and inconvenient for them to answer the phone, there is an annoyed tone in their voice. The office staff is very disorganized but the nurses, and Dr. are very kind.. so far!

August 14th, 2012
Good Doctor bad staff
The office management regularly double book appointments. Expect a minimum of an hour after your appointment time until you are called from the waiting room. The office manager will lie straight to your face and say that it isn't normal or that they are having problems with their system. The problem with their system is them. Also, I'm coming up on a week I've been waiting for them to send a Physicians Approval to my pharmacy so my insurance will approve the medicine. The Pharmacist said it normally only takes a few minutes. Like I said, I like the doctor. It's a shame i'm going to have to find a new one. I am done dealing with his office.

May 22nd, 2012
Acceptable doctor. Lame staff.
Dr. Hasan is a good neurologist, but the organization of his records and his office staff needs improvement. I was asked to refill the same data on my second visit as my introductory visit. The forms also ask for unnecessary information that doctors don't need and shouldn't have, like SSN and other data unrelated to the symptoms or diagnosis.

April 9th, 2012
Dr Hasan accurately diagnosed a cronic problem other neurologist missed. The issue has no cure but now I am receiving treatment that is helplful.