Dr. Shabnam Husain MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 29th, 2013
accabe
Very good listener and sympathetic. Correctly diagnosed a condition other doctors missed. Sometimes hard to get to see because of her hospital work. Highly recommended because of her experience as a hospitalist and a clinic doctor.

July 14th, 2013
Terrible Bedside Manner
She completely rushed the appointment like I was a customer in line at the checkout stand. I didn't even get to discuss everything that was worrying me. She's an "in it for the money" doctor–she squeezes in too many patients and clocks the face time with you for insurance money without ever actually helping you.

February 13th, 2013
doctors grade
i am surprised that she is accepting new patients. She just does not have the time. the biggest problem i had with her was she just does not return calls and does not fill out forms on time, i lost out on state disability because the form was filled out too late. Her assistant is also very hard to reach.

August 19th, 2011
Find Yourself a Better Doctor
Dr. Husain was cold, inconsiderate, unprofessional, and bizarrely lacking in compassion.I came in to have my throat checked and was treated like garbage. I couldn't even describe my symptoms without her speaking to me with condescension and coldness.Thankfully I have good insurance and after telling my dad about my experience, I found another doctor who was warm, friendly, and willing to listen.I found out through my professional, caring doctor that I simply have acid reflux, a very small problem. Good luck to whoever is forced to see this lady with a serious problem.

August 17th, 2011
If you like being interrupted to hear, "I can't help you"...
This was my first time using Dr. Husain. I've never left a doctor's appointment feeling hurt and offended, but I guess there's a first time for everything. In the midst of explaining my symptoms to Dr. Husain, she outright *interrupted* me to say, "I can't help you." She didn't even let me finish describing my symptoms before she diagnosed me as untreatable. Does this sound outrageous to you? Because it certainly sounds outrageous to me. She said there were all sorts of tests she could do to try to diagnose me as one thing or another, but that there was nothing "specific" she could do for me. She was demeaning, insensitive, and unwilling to listen. I was absolutely astonished at her response. I went home and cried. I've never had such an unbelievable experience with a doctor, someone so uncaring and downright unwilling to do their job. I will never be seeing her again, and I recommend others heed my warning.I should note, however, that the rest of the staff was incredibly accommodating. The nurse in my treatment room and the nurses at reception all seemed very caring and empathetic. My nurse did comment rather frequently that Dr. Husain is a very busy woman, which no doubt came into play in her foul treatment of me.

August 17th, 2011
If you like being interrupted to hear "I can't help you"...
This was my first time using Dr. Husain. I've never left a doctor's appointment feeling hurt and offended, but I guess there's a first time for everything. In the midst of explaining my symptoms to Dr. Husain, she outright *interrupted* me to say, "I can't help you." She didn't even let me finish describing my symptoms before she diagnosed me as untreatable. Does this sound outrageous to you? Because it certainly sounds outrageous to me. She said there were all sorts of tests she could do to try to diagnose me as one thing or another, but that there was nothing "specific" she could do for me. I was absolutely astonished at her response. I went home and cried. I've never had such an unbelievable experience with a doctor, someone so uncaring and downright unwilling to do their job. I will never be seeing her again, and I recommend others heed my warning.

August 7th, 2017