A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Shadi Hamwi:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Shadi Hamwi, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Hamwi graduated from University Of Damascus.
Dr. Hamwi has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Washington Hospital Center
- Providence Hospital
- United Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Hamwi accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 8 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 4 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 3 plans
- CareFirst - 3 plans
- The Chartered Health Plan - 1 plan