Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  SHOULDER REPLACEMENT  |  show details
by JOHN H WHITE JR on Mar 3rd, 2014

What a good job you have done for me with this shoulder and looking forward in getting the other one done soon so my life will be so much better. Thank you for all you have done and what a good man and doctor you are. You can't be thanks enough,how much it has made a difference in my life.

|  surgeon recommendation  |  show details
Aug 9th, 2013

An MRI showed that my right shoulder had multiple torn tendons and was in bad shape. I was told that if I didn't have surgery soon, I may be looking at a complete shoulder replacement. Dr Schiffern performed the surgery a few days later. Everything went well, and I am amazed at how fast I am recovering. Six days after surgery, I no longer required pain medication, the physical therapy is going very well, and everything points to a complete recovery. I have had other similar surgeries in the past, none with this much damage, though, but I have never had a recovery progress this smoothly and quickly. I can only attribute the difference to the skills of the surgeon and his surgical team. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Schiffern.

|  Recommend this Physican  |  show details
by Deb Cap on Feb 4th, 2013

The most important is an accurate diagnosis, spends time with me and explains medical jargon/treatments etc. Other items listed make a unpleasant thing a little easier. A bonus is great bedside manner.

|  show details
Nov 16th, 2010

Dr Schiffern is now with Ortho Carolina. Dr Schiffern did an amazing job at explaining everything and I would recommend him to anyone.