Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD The facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shafinaz Akhter
Dr. Shafinaz Akhter, MD, PHD is a Doctor primarily located in Chester, PA, with another office in Mount Laurel, NJ. She has 13 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease. Dr. Akhter is affiliated with Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center, Inspira Medical Center Woodbury and Virtua WJ Hospital Voorhees. She speaks English.
Dr. Shafinaz Akhter has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad...
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism....
Dr. Shafinaz Akhter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chester, PA.
Dr. Lawrence Wallach
Chester, PA 0.01 mi44
Dr. Sophia Sherman-Weber
Infectious Disease, Internal Medicine
Chester, PA 0.01 mi
Dr. Aaroop Haridas
Internal Medicine, Residency
Chester, PA 0.01 mi6