Dr. Shafiq Rahman MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 25th, 2017
Waste of time
Was there for my initial appointment at 3pm. Asked to come at 245 to fill out paperwork. Got there timely filled out paper work and waited. 2 people ahead of me which is fine. About 335 another woman comes in and after the two people ahead of me are seen he calls the woman who came after me at 4pm. Tells me that she will only take a few minutes. I explained that my appt was at 3 pm. He then proceeds to tell me that they can reschedule me. After an hour and a half of waiting, bypassing me for another patient, not even apologizing or explaining anything we left. I can't even review him personally other than he did not even have time for me.

April 13th, 2017
Amazing doctor !! Diagnosed my condition right away ! He listens to everything you say. I know others who see him as well, and all have given such postive reviews . There are patients who have been with him for years and years!

September 23rd, 2016
Okay

May 18th, 2016
Unfortunately he spent more time looking at his computer and at other patient files than focusing on me. I understand he's busy but if I had to make time to see him shouldn't he have returned the courtesy?

March 22nd, 2016
I thought Dr. Rahman was a poor example of a psychiatrist, let alone a physician. He was curt and did not seem to have an honest interest in my well being.

February 11th, 2016
Terrible, should not have license to practice medicine
This man is a terrible doctor. Does not listen to how you feel, terrible bedside manner, prescribes medication without explaining why, does not care if the medication makes you feel worse, is unwilling to try different medications, and dismisses you if you discontinue medication without telling him (even though he doesn't listen when you do try to tell him there is a problem). Requires payment in cash at every visit and requires you to see a therapist of HIS choice whether that therapist helps you or not. I have never felt so alone in trying to seek help for myself. I honestly feel better off without him as my doctor. Complete waste of time and money I didn't have. Save yourself the trouble, go to ANYONE other than this man.

February 9th, 2015
Don't waste your time.
Very unprofessional and rude! Do NOT waste your time! Made my depression worse.

January 30th, 2015
This "doctor" sees you as income, not a patient
I have never seen the ignorance in a self-proclaimed professional, especially in the field he works. Rather than reciprocating with the patient and listening to any input after the initial visit or diagnosis he shuts you out. I will not be returning to this individual for the next appointment. He could not ask for the 30 dollar co-pay quick enough. I was in and out within 5 minutes with no help, just arrogance and a repeat (no re-fill) prescription. What a shame. Back to square ONE. I would NOT recommend to anyone.

February 12th, 2014
Rude, ignores concerns of patient even when they are mentioned multiple times. There are extremely long wait times, normally you get in about 45 minutes to an hour after your scheduled time.

September 26th, 2013
wont even look at the person
OK. I've seen this guy a few times. Everytime I go I wait well I've 30 mins past my appt time. Once I get back w/him. This guy don't even look at the patient. Today. He pulls out His cell phone right in the middle of me "telling him what my life has been like sense my last appointment" and he began to text. Nothing has gotten better and meds not changed or adjusted. I feel like a paycheck. And the "on site theropist" a joke. I seen him 6 times and every time I seen him he asked me my information because he had no idea who I am and thinks it is my first appointment. I FILLED OUT MY INITIAL PAPERWORK 6TIMES!!! I get the excuse. " well I don't have your paperwork at this office". 6 times I had to start from the beginning. 6 times I filled out the 4 page packet he distributed. The two of them can care less. Don't ever trust a man who won't look you in the eye while you speak or even shake your hand at the end of your appointment. You will be a pay check. He has too many offices. Even the best doctors can't efficiently run 6 offices and effectively treat that many patients. If you want to go to guys that are totally over their heads with too many patients and I'll pump out patients for the money. That's on you. But if you want a doc and "theropist" that actually cares. Trust me. Go elsewhere.

February 5th, 2012
Great doctor!
Doctor Rahman is great. I did not know what i have is bipolar. He diagnosed it right away and suggested a really good combination of medication. Everyone in the waiting area had really good things to say about him. Some of his patients had been with him for ten or more years. For some counseling he had a great therapist as well on site. All in all a great experience.

January 27th, 2012
He made my life better!
I was so worried about my daughter. But after 2-3 meetings with him my daughter started to get better. This doctor saved my life and i owe him a lot. I definitely recommend you this doctor. You won't be disappointed. He will help you.