A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Shahab Akhter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Shahab Akhter is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Shahab Akhter, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Brain Death
- Heart Transplantation
Education & Awards
Dr. Akhter graduated from University of Chicago.
Dr. Akhter has 2 hospital affiliations:
- The University of Chicago Medicine
- University Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Shahab A Akhter MD is a male Surgeon, has 17 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Shahab A. Akhter practice?
- Dr. Shahab Akhter has 3 office locations.
Dr. Shahab Akhter practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Chicago, IL.
See Chicago Surgeons and Chicago Cardiothoracic Surgeons.