Dr. Shahab Minassian MD, FACOG Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 7th, 2017
Fixed me!
I was told by another Dr I would never conceive without IVF due to severe endo. Dr Minassian fixed me, in 3 months. He is truly amazing. He was incredibly thorough and covered all the bases- even finding a few metabolic things I had no idea were wrong. He performed a lap surgery and fixed my endo. I am so much healthier, happier and we are pregnant!! We are so grateful to Dr Minassian. If you want a Dr who listens, spends time with you, and looks at both the big picture and the littlest details to solve your medical problems, look no further. I will recommend Dr M to literally anyone who will listen to me. Also his infertility nurse was one of the most caring people I've ever encountered. She was so kind and helpful. Some of the other front desk staff were touch and go, but the nurses are top notch, caring providers!!!!

December 31st, 2015
Great doctor! He performed my laparoscopy in order to see if I'm a candidate for tubal reversal and I recovered in less than 48 hours with little to no discomfort. I'm excited to know that he will be proceeding with the final surgery in less than 2weeks! Praying all goes well and that we are able to conceive. I would recommend him to anyone I know! He's great.

September 26th, 2015
Recommend Shady Grove fertility.
Would not recommend this Doctor. I transferred to another practice. New practice is so much better. The Doctor is absessed with PCOS. He tells you you have it with out any tests stating you have it. He orders blood tests that are not war intend and wastes your time.

December 5th, 2014
EXCELLENT MD ,VERY INFORMATIVE , ALWAYS WELL PREPARED . NEVER RUSHED . FOLLOWS THROUGH . HIS NURSE IS VERY KIND AND HELPFUL. SURE WISH WE COULD CLONE HIM.

October 5th, 2014
Great Doctor ,well prepared ,reviewed my records prior to my initial appointment. Explains findings. Eager to figure out my complex Dx. Asked tons of medical history questions. The ONLY MD who took the time and the extra mile to make me feel as though I mattered.

November 29th, 2012
Staff sucks
At first Dr. M seemed very caring and interested in our case. We were quickly passed on the fertility coordinator. I liked Deb however we never saw or dealt with her. We would be passed on to other nurses. The communication sucks between everyone. Dr. M just passes you on to this clueless group and you never see or hear from him again. The billing department is a joke. They would not bill our insurance because they insisted it was not covered. However our previous fertility doctor (who no longer cares our insurance) had billed our insurance and they covered monitoring. Dr.M told me stuff and then the nurses disagreed. When I asked to speak with Dr.m they said hes too busy. Well if you are too busy to even speak with me I will take my business else where. We have been with him almost a year and we have had no success and I feel like he has given up on us. We are changing doctors and game plans.He made a bunch of false promises that never happen. Plus his practice is unorganized and unprofessional and WAY OVERPRICED. Do not waste your time go else where.

May 3rd, 2012
Go somewhere else
We went to this practice for some time only to be given dire diagnoses for our fertility. The staff were often rude and dismissive (with the exception of several great nurses). After having enough, we went and got a second opinion from a more experienced practice closer to Philly. They removed all of my diagnoses given by this practice. I realize now that we should have gone to a more experienced clinic in a larger area. Steer away unless you want to be pushed into IVF early.

January 18th, 2011
High pressure to IVF
We had a bad experience. The diagnoses originally seemed to be on the mark. While many items were fixed there seemed to be a rush towards a very expensive and questionable success rate IVF procedure. As the diagnoses continued IVF was continually pushed with less and less decision making time. Finally it was all or nothing. We felt that this was high pressure sales and not an infertility problem to be fixed. We are looking elasewhere.

May 6th, 2017