Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Mar 3rd, 2015

Didn't explain medication withdrawls and offer help with these withdrawls .didn't understand my medical problem and because I had so much problems with finding medication And I did't feel he understood all the problems with it and then when I could no longer afford him did want to work with me any longer. I would n't go to him ever again or tell other to go to him

Great doctor, his wife is exceedingly rude to me though show details Great doctor, his wife is exceedingly rude to me though
by billy on Jan 31st, 2015

Dr. Insaf is one of the best doctors I've ever had the pleasure of working with and talking too. That being said his wife is the receptioinist and treats people like dirt! she needs to not work there, people are afraid to tell him because its his wife, but everyone on here sees it so that should tell you something right there. When i say she is rude i mean SUPER rude. Yells at me loses important papers i fill out its just super annoying when u pay thousands of dollars u expect some kindness at least some decorum for cryin out loud geeez.

Excellent daughter, Horrible Staff. Especially WIFE! show details Excellent daughter, Horrible Staff. Especially WIFE!
Dec 22nd, 2014

If you can deal with the hatred and rudeness from the staff, especially Dr's wife, then you must go see the absolute BEST doctor in the area. We are extremely lucky to have a Doctor of his caliber here in Missouri. I have great insurance and always pay on time, there is NO REASON for the staff to treat us like crap.

Awful, all around show details Awful, all around
Oct 23rd, 2014

I have been to about 5 psychiatrists over about 20 years for mild-to-moderate depression. After about a year with this office, I had major depression and could barely function. He kept telling me to stay on drugs for weeks and months that were making me unable to keep up with my life. I understand that side effects can reduce over time, but again, I went in sad (but okay) and was put in a state of not being okay at all. He just would not listen. I once ended up in the emergency room for a drug reaction that his office had ignored when I called them about it. They literally did not return my calls for a day, and when they did, he blew it off. He does not listen. Don't even get me started on how his wife manages the office. And Bree has a terrible bedside manner. Ultimately, I stopped all medication. I am now doing great. I guess I didn't need the antidepressants anymore, and without their side effects, I feel a world better.

Dr. Insaf changed my life! show details Dr. Insaf changed my life!
by Camille W on Apr 28th, 2014

After 8 years of trying to find the right medications for my depression associated with bipolar disorder, Dr. Insaf added 1 medication and has now had me stabilized for 2 1/2 years. By using the SPECT scan, Dr. Insaf was able to correctly diagnose me. I not only had bipolar disorder (which is low on the spectrum), but he was able to also see that I had atypical depression, along with PTSD. I feel extremely fortunate to have even been given his name as someone who could possibly help me when everything else was failing, in spite of my extreme diligence to get better. It is my sincere hope for anybody suffering from a mental illness find the resources to see Dr. Insaf. He is now able to treat mental illness in a way that has been long hoped for by anybody in the mental health community. He's an extraordinary doctor of great knowledge, yet he also has the ability to help educate you in a way to help you understand your illness. He is a truly compassionate, caring and supportive doctor who wants to make a difference! Dr. Insaf is the best investment I could have ever made in order to live a full and happy life, in spite of having a mental illness.

Good Dr, worst office staff in the entire midwest show details Good Dr, worst office staff in the entire midwest
Jul 31st, 2013

Great dr very caring like everyone has said. It is his wife and other staff members who are the most judgmental, degrading and just plain ignorant and rude. When you call for your first appointment they are very nice but you will see within the first couple of appts how they treat their patients when Dr. Insaf is not around. I was always afraid to bring up anything with him since it is his wife but she really needs some help in customer service and dealing with patients. Won't be back and I hope this helps others realize that things need to drastically change before he gets anymore new patients.

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
Jul 2nd, 2013

He is the best doctor I have ever had. He is very knowledgeable, and he cares about his patients. I'm not a fan of some of his staff, but still highly recommended.

Oct 16th, 2012

Over all the Doctor and his assistance Bree,is wonderful. Its his wife and the receptionist that can make a person want to commit suicide! But don't worry no one here has. Not to say others haven't. I've lost everything my home, everything, no I'm not exaggerating. Tomorrow we sleep in the car, my sons and myself. I've paid so much money into this doctors office just to save my sons life. I would like some apperication,, paid a lot. Waiting for the garrenteed money to come in within the next 30 to 60 days I've made 436.00 dollar payments every month & now she can't phone in no medicine that they depend on, his wife that is.again he's great dr. Its his wife & receptionest. My kids are suffering, she knows she will be paid because she knows I will do anything for my boys!

Dec 5th, 2011

Just wanted to comment that Dr. Insaf is one of the best psychiatrist I have ever known. He is caring yet still professional, concerned and willing to work with you on your level. He stabilized me when noone else could and cared enough that he didn't give up when the first couple attempts at stabilization didn't work. I think he is highly trained yet a compassionate professional doctor.

Jun 12th, 2011

Wonderful to have such a competent doctor- excellent with meds management and complex diagnosis.

by DJD on May 21st, 2010

Dr. Insaf was able to regulate my medications in order for me to focus and return to work. My performance and relationships at work and home improved greatly once my medication was adjusted.Dr. Insaf always took a personal interest in what was going on in my life and how I handled situations. He was complimentary and always made sure he was up date with all medications and any diagnosis by my other doctors. Even though Dr. Insaf is no longer in my health network, I will continue to see him at my own exspense.

Dr Insaf show details Dr Insaf
by Kelly Churchill on Apr 7th, 2010

Dr. Insaf is one of the most caring and wonderful doctors I have ever had the chance to see. I have had many psychiatrists in the past. Dr Insaf was the only one that actually was able to help me and give me hope that things with me could be better.