Shahid S Insaf, MD
Shahid S Insaf
743 W Battlefield St
Springfield, MO 65807
(417) 243-7777
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Dr. Insaf changed my life!  |  show details
by Camille W on Apr 28th, 2014

After 8 years of trying to find the right medications for my depression associated with bipolar disorder, Dr. Insaf added 1 medication and has now had me stabilized for 2 1/2 years. By using the SPECT scan, Dr. Insaf was able to correctly diagnose me. I not only had bipolar disorder (which is low on the spectrum), but he was able to also see that I had atypical depression, along with PTSD. I feel extremely fortunate to have even been given his name as someone who could possibly help me when everything else was failing, in spite of my extreme diligence to get better. It is my sincere hope for anybody suffering from a mental illness find the resources to see Dr. Insaf. He is now able to treat mental illness in a way that has been long hoped for by anybody in the mental health community. He's an extraordinary doctor of great knowledge, yet he also has the ability to help educate you in a way to help you understand your illness. He is a truly compassionate, caring and supportive doctor who wants to make a difference! Dr. Insaf is the best investment I could have ever made in order to live a full and happy life, in spite of having a mental illness.

|  Good Dr, worst office staff in the entire midwest  |  show details
Jul 31st, 2013

Great dr very caring like everyone has said. It is his wife and other staff members who are the most judgmental, degrading and just plain ignorant and rude. When you call for your first appointment they are very nice but you will see within the first couple of appts how they treat their patients when Dr. Insaf is not around. I was always afraid to bring up anything with him since it is his wife but she really needs some help in customer service and dealing with patients. Won't be back and I hope this helps others realize that things need to drastically change before he gets anymore new patients.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Jul 2nd, 2013

He is the best doctor I have ever had. He is very knowledgeable, and he cares about his patients. I'm not a fan of some of his staff, but still highly recommended.

Oct 16th, 2012

Over all the Doctor and his assistance Bree,is wonderful. Its his wife and the receptionist that can make a person want to commit suicide! But don't worry no one here has. Not to say others haven't. I've lost everything my home, everything, no I'm not exaggerating. Tomorrow we sleep in the car, my sons and myself. I've paid so much money into this doctors office just to save my sons life. I would like some apperication,, paid a lot. Waiting for the garrenteed money to come in within the next 30 to 60 days I've made 436.00 dollar payments every month & now she can't phone in no medicine that they depend on, his wife that is.again he's great dr. Its his wife & receptionest. My kids are suffering, she knows she will be paid because she knows I will do anything for my boys!

Dec 5th, 2011

Just wanted to comment that Dr. Insaf is one of the best psychiatrist I have ever known. He is caring yet still professional, concerned and willing to work with you on your level. He stabilized me when noone else could and cared enough that he didn't give up when the first couple attempts at stabilization didn't work. I think he is highly trained yet a compassionate professional doctor.

Jun 12th, 2011

Wonderful to have such a competent doctor- excellent with meds management and complex diagnosis.

by DJD on May 21st, 2010

Dr. Insaf was able to regulate my medications in order for me to focus and return to work. My performance and relationships at work and home improved greatly once my medication was adjusted.Dr. Insaf always took a personal interest in what was going on in my life and how I handled situations. He was complimentary and always made sure he was up date with all medications and any diagnosis by my other doctors. Even though Dr. Insaf is no longer in my health network, I will continue to see him at my own exspense.

|  Dr Insaf  |  show details
by Kelly Churchill on Apr 7th, 2010

Dr. Insaf is one of the most caring and wonderful doctors I have ever had the chance to see. I have had many psychiatrists in the past. Dr Insaf was the only one that actually was able to help me and give me hope that things with me could be better.