Dr. Shahid Insaf MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

September 20th, 2016
Would not release medical records.
His wife who is the office mgr would not release our records. My primary Dr. did not agree with some of his recommendations. Crazy medicine suggestions and other bizzare things. Stay away unless you want to keep seeing him forever.

September 11th, 2016
The response to the reviewer below that the office staff is always helpful says all you need to know about the staff - beyond rude. What service industry responds to a reviewer's comment that the reviewer is rude and unfair? I saw Dr. Insaf for several years at my own expense because my insurance plan did not cover his practice. However, when Dr. Insaf's wife was rude to my daughter, and my daughter explained that was probably why her blood pressure was high when they tested it (and it had never been before) that was the last straw. I have left the practice and my daughters have as well. Even my physician husband who always takes the side or at least understands the side of the physician's office or a hospital situation when I make a complaint to him about something, says this is a rude office. He says when he is waiting on me or our child he always hears the staff being rude to patients/clients. Dr. Insaf is very nice and extremely competent staying up on the forefront of the field. However, as the head of the office, the rudeness of the staff is within his control, and it is his responsibility. As you can tell from reviews going back several years, this has not changed. Furthermore, rudeness is an understatement! His wife is extremely rude and mean and makes you feel like a child in trouble in grade school! Too bad Dr. Insaf does not address and take care of this situation. I really worry about the patient's who already have insecurity issues, or fear of public places or issues dealing with the public and they have to deal with this totally unacceptable treatment before seeing Dr. Insaf. It is stressful enough for many to see a Dr. and talk about their personal/mental issues without adding dealing with his staff to the stress. P.S. The phone ringing when your "time is up" is also a very rude system!! P.S.S. Don't let them tell you your patient records and your right to receive any of your test result records is not within their office policy to release if you leave his practice. Office policy is irrelevant. There is law that dictates what records are required to be provided to the patient. The office cannot make their own policy . . .

April 19th, 2016
I have been under Dr. Insaf's care for 3 years. Previously, I had struggled with depression and anxiety due to an underlying medical condition. Dr. Insaf performed a simple genetic test on me which indicated that I likely have ADD, which also confirmed his previous suspicions. By him addressing this issue, as well as the depression, and adding a few medications to my regimen, I've been able to cope with my daily struggles and have felt better than I had in a long time! I've had a few bumps in the road since starting my treatment, but Dr. Insaf has been wonderful about making the right medication adjustments to get me back on track! I can't thank him enough for all he's done to help me! He and his staff are great!

April 16th, 2016
Relief finally after 30 years
I have had severe depression for 30 years. Dr INSAF did a quick gene test- swap of mouth. Found out SSRI would not work for me because I was lacking transport gene. Put me on MAOI and have had no depression problems since! I feel wonderful for the 1st time in 30 years! I cannot thank him enough.

January 3rd, 2016
Benzo Users
I was put on Klonopin for four months and wanted off. I was given Xanax and about two weeks to pull off. I ended up in the hospital for a week. The staff would not work with me. His wife needs to square up. She is a nightmare. You simply cannot be pulled off of benzos this quickly. It is life threatening. I am a very healthy young woman and am still in recovery after three months.

December 8th, 2015
Friendly Office
The office staff is always friendly and outgoing. I am always greeted by name. It is nice to go to a place where people remember you and make you feel welcome.

November 3rd, 2015
Great Doctor
Dr. Insaf is the best psychiatrist. My life is so much beautiful because of his treatment and counselling.

October 19th, 2015
Rude Wife Runs Office
Dr. Insaf is a very good psychiatrist. That being said, I cannot recommend him due to his terrible wife who runs his office. She is incredibly rude, uncaring & will not listen to anything you have to say. DR. Insaf has been made aware of the problem but has done nothing about it. It IS a BIG problem. Dr. Insaf opted out of Medicare several months ago without informing any of his patients until 4 months later. He is now billing his Medicare patients for the full amount for these visits, which is a large amount, even though he neglected to inform us that he was opting out. According to the APA, the first thing that a doctor should do when opting out of Medicare is to inform his patients in writing. They even provide 3 sample letters. Dr. Insaf's office failed to notify any of his patients. I had to talk to his wife to try to explain that this was wrong. Don't even bother. She won't listen to anything a patient has to say. As usual, she was incredibly rude. You are forced to deal with her. Dr. Insaf is ultimately responsible for how his patients are treated by his staff. He MUST know by now that his wife is the problem but he continues to let her run his office. His office staff are too afraid of her to say anything to her or him. So, even though Dr. Insaf is a good psychiatrist, I would highly recommend that you go elsewhere for treatment. Until the office is run better it's just not worth the trial & tribulation.

August 31st, 2015
When you tell this doctor how you feel, he can tell you what neurotransmitters and what chemicals are causing your feelings and reactions. That's how good this doctor is!!!!

June 30th, 2015
I have nothing but bad things to say about this facility. The office staff are the absolute worst. They could careless about the well being of patients they just want your money. They just want to fix everything with medication. I don't see how this place is still in business.

April 30th, 2015
Highly recommended!
Dr. Insaf is very knowledgable and has helped me tremendously. He's Been very caring and has shown deep concern for my well being. I feel better after seeing him a few times than I have in years. Most of his office staff are very nice. The red haired girl at the check in desk is always welcoming and friendly but the older woman at the check out desk can be rude at times. Overall I would highly recommend this doctor and his office!

April 6th, 2015