Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Apr 19th, 2016

I have been under Dr. Insaf's care for 3 years. Previously, I had struggled with depression and anxiety due to an underlying medical condition. Dr. Insaf performed a simple genetic test on me which indicated that I likely have ADD, which also confirmed his previous suspicions. By him addressing this issue, as well as the depression, and adding a few medications to my regimen, I've been able to cope with my daily struggles and have felt better than I had in a long time! I've had a few bumps in the road since starting my treatment, but Dr. Insaf has been wonderful about making the right medication adjustments to get me back on track! I can't thank him enough for all he's done to help me! He and his staff are great!

Relief finally after 30 years show details Relief finally after 30 years
by Julie DeAtley on Apr 16th, 2016

I have had severe depression for 30 years. Dr INSAF did a quick gene test- swap of mouth. Found out SSRI would not work for me because I was lacking transport gene. Put me on MAOI and have had no depression problems since! I feel wonderful for the 1st time in 30 years! I cannot thank him enough.

Benzo Users show details Benzo Users
Jan 3rd, 2016

I was put on Klonopin for four months and wanted off. I was given Xanax and about two weeks to pull off. I ended up in the hospital for a week. The staff would not work with me. His wife needs to square up. She is a nightmare. You simply cannot be pulled off of benzos this quickly. It is life threatening. I am a very healthy young woman and am still in recovery after three months.

Friendly Office show details Friendly Office
Dec 8th, 2015

The office staff is always friendly and outgoing. I am always greeted by name. It is nice to go to a place where people remember you and make you feel welcome.

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
by Anonymous on Nov 3rd, 2015

Dr. Insaf is the best psychiatrist. My life is so much beautiful because of his treatment and counselling.

Rude Wife Runs Office show details Rude Wife Runs Office
Oct 19th, 2015

Dr. Insaf is a very good psychiatrist. That being said, I cannot recommend him due to his terrible wife who runs his office. She is incredibly rude, uncaring & will not listen to anything you have to say. DR. Insaf has been made aware of the problem but has done nothing about it. It IS a BIG problem. Dr. Insaf opted out of Medicare several months ago without informing any of his patients until 4 months later. He is now billing his Medicare patients for the full amount for these visits, which is a large amount, even though he neglected to inform us that he was opting out. According to the APA, the first thing that a doctor should do when opting out of Medicare is to inform his patients in writing. They even provide 3 sample letters. Dr. Insaf's office failed to notify any of his patients. I had to talk to his wife to try to explain that this was wrong. Don't even bother. She won't listen to anything a patient has to say. As usual, she was incredibly rude. You are forced to deal with her. Dr. Insaf is ultimately responsible for how his patients are treated by his staff. He MUST know by now that his wife is the problem but he continues to let her run his office. His office staff are too afraid of her to say anything to her or him. So, even though Dr. Insaf is a good psychiatrist, I would highly recommend that you go elsewhere for treatment. Until the office is run better it's just not worth the trial & tribulation.

by Dr. Karen Lee Woodall on Aug 31st, 2015

When you tell this doctor how you feel, he can tell you what neurotransmitters and what chemicals are causing your feelings and reactions. That's how good this doctor is!!!!

Jun 30th, 2015

I have nothing but bad things to say about this facility. The office staff are the absolute worst. They could careless about the well being of patients they just want your money. They just want to fix everything with medication. I don't see how this place is still in business.

Doctor's Response

We respond to patient financial needs with some programs that help them pay the bills. We are a for profit business and we do expect payment at the time of service. We appreciate honesty about monetary challenges and will help to the extent that we can. Even under trying situations office staff is very helpful and this comment is unfair to the dedicated staff in our clinic.

Highly recommended! show details Highly recommended!
Apr 30th, 2015

Dr. Insaf is very knowledgable and has helped me tremendously. He's Been very caring and has shown deep concern for my well being. I feel better after seeing him a few times than I have in years. Most of his office staff are very nice. The red haired girl at the check in desk is always welcoming and friendly but the older woman at the check out desk can be rude at times. Overall I would highly recommend this doctor and his office!

Apr 6th, 2015

Office staff is awful

Mar 3rd, 2015

Didn't explain medication withdrawls and offer help with these withdrawls .didn't understand my medical problem and because I had so much problems with finding medication And I did't feel he understood all the problems with it and then when I could no longer afford him did want to work with me any longer. I would n't go to him ever again or tell other to go to him

Doctor's Response

As a general policy, I always explain any potential side effects of a drug I am prescribing to the patient. All patient update calls are communicated to the doctors as a matter of course. Without knowing the patient or the circumstance I am specifically responding to, I am hard pressed to find a suitable answer to your problem. Feel free to call my office if you wish to further communicate. Patients who cannot afford our services are provided with alternative places of care that may accept your insurance or offer services at a sliding scale. If you think such alternative care options would be helpful for you, please call my office

Great doctor, his wife is exceedingly rude to me though show details Great doctor, his wife is exceedingly rude to me though
by billy on Jan 31st, 2015

Dr. Insaf is one of the best doctors I've ever had the pleasure of working with and talking too. That being said his wife is the receptioinist and treats people like dirt! she needs to not work there, people are afraid to tell him because its his wife, but everyone on here sees it so that should tell you something right there. When i say she is rude i mean SUPER rude. Yells at me loses important papers i fill out its just super annoying when u pay thousands of dollars u expect some kindness at least some decorum for cryin out loud geeez.

Excellent daughter, Horrible Staff. Especially WIFE! show details Excellent daughter, Horrible Staff. Especially WIFE!
Dec 22nd, 2014

If you can deal with the hatred and rudeness from the staff, especially Dr's wife, then you must go see the absolute BEST doctor in the area. We are extremely lucky to have a Doctor of his caliber here in Missouri. I have great insurance and always pay on time, there is NO REASON for the staff to treat us like crap.

Dr. Insaf changed my life! show details Dr. Insaf changed my life!
by Camille W on Apr 28th, 2014

After 8 years of trying to find the right medications for my depression associated with bipolar disorder, Dr. Insaf added 1 medication and has now had me stabilized for 2 1/2 years. By using the SPECT scan, Dr. Insaf was able to correctly diagnose me. I not only had bipolar disorder (which is low on the spectrum), but he was able to also see that I had atypical depression, along with PTSD. I feel extremely fortunate to have even been given his name as someone who could possibly help me when everything else was failing, in spite of my extreme diligence to get better. It is my sincere hope for anybody suffering from a mental illness find the resources to see Dr. Insaf. He is now able to treat mental illness in a way that has been long hoped for by anybody in the mental health community. He's an extraordinary doctor of great knowledge, yet he also has the ability to help educate you in a way to help you understand your illness. He is a truly compassionate, caring and supportive doctor who wants to make a difference! Dr. Insaf is the best investment I could have ever made in order to live a full and happy life, in spite of having a mental illness.

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
Jul 2nd, 2013

He is the best doctor I have ever had. He is very knowledgeable, and he cares about his patients. I'm not a fan of some of his staff, but still highly recommended.

Oct 16th, 2012

Over all the Doctor and his assistance Bree,is wonderful. Its his wife and the receptionist that can make a person want to commit suicide! But don't worry no one here has. Not to say others haven't. I've lost everything my home, everything, no I'm not exaggerating. Tomorrow we sleep in the car, my sons and myself. I've paid so much money into this doctors office just to save my sons life. I would like some apperication,, paid a lot. Waiting for the garrenteed money to come in within the next 30 to 60 days I've made 436.00 dollar payments every month & now she can't phone in no medicine that they depend on, his wife that is.again he's great dr. Its his wife & receptionest. My kids are suffering, she knows she will be paid because she knows I will do anything for my boys!

Dec 5th, 2011

Just wanted to comment that Dr. Insaf is one of the best psychiatrist I have ever known. He is caring yet still professional, concerned and willing to work with you on your level. He stabilized me when noone else could and cared enough that he didn't give up when the first couple attempts at stabilization didn't work. I think he is highly trained yet a compassionate professional doctor.

Jun 12th, 2011

Wonderful to have such a competent doctor- excellent with meds management and complex diagnosis.

by DJD on May 21st, 2010

Dr. Insaf was able to regulate my medications in order for me to focus and return to work. My performance and relationships at work and home improved greatly once my medication was adjusted.Dr. Insaf always took a personal interest in what was going on in my life and how I handled situations. He was complimentary and always made sure he was up date with all medications and any diagnosis by my other doctors. Even though Dr. Insaf is no longer in my health network, I will continue to see him at my own exspense.

Dr Insaf show details Dr Insaf
by Kelly Churchill on Apr 7th, 2010

Dr. Insaf is one of the most caring and wonderful doctors I have ever had the chance to see. I have had many psychiatrists in the past. Dr Insaf was the only one that actually was able to help me and give me hope that things with me could be better.