Dr. Shahid Rafiq MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

August 31st, 2015
I don't like the fact that you can't make a follow up appointment because their calendar doesn't go out that far. The receptionist always says they will put you in for a call to make an appointment when the calendar is ready and twice now they have not. I have to call in and then my appointment is always 2 months after what the doctor wanted to see me.

August 14th, 2014
The office staff is very rude!!!!

June 26th, 2014
Excellent care!
After only my first visit to the Frederick office, I was so happy that I transferred to Dr. Rafiq. The office is beautiful & modern. The front desk & clinical staff were so cheerful & caring. Although the office was busy on the day of my visit, Dr. Rafiq gave me his full attention and did very thorough review of my history and complaints. I am very surprised to read some of these reviews, as my experience with him was better than the other neurologists I've seen.

April 25th, 2014
Not so great
This Dr Walked into my hospital room asked how I was doing said a therapist would be in and walked out. I couldn't even ask a question. Then we received a large bill, even after our INS PAID.

May 6th, 2013
Low responses
Rederred from FMH. Was given perfunctory exam and referred to FMH for more tests. Then referred to specialist who doesn't take my insurance (thought they should have known this). When I called back to office for another Dr., I was told they would call me back-never did. When I called back late that afternoon I was told to call my insurance company for a Dr. Aso acted like they were doing me a favor by even answering the phone.

December 4th, 2012
Find another doctor
Doctor Rafiq was assigned to us via the hospital. My husband suffered a stroke and Dr. Rafiq didn't bother to get familiar with his case at all. All the information he provided was incorrect. If he would have taken the five minutes to review the file he would have known he didn't have high blood pressure. He didn't smoke. He ate well. Lifestyle was not the cause. Also very slow to order and review tests. Asked hospital to change doctors after two days and they refused. Got him out of there as quick as we could. Afraid he would have done more damage with him in the hospital seeing him.

June 21st, 2012
He doesnt care
Dr. Rafiq does not care and does not dive deep into my issues. In my oppinon i dont know how a doctor with such credentials can know so little on how to work for me. I feel like i'm dying and it seems he doesnt care and cant diagnose me.

February 10th, 2012
hard to get a set appointment
I scheduled an appoinment for 3 weeks out, 1 day after i scheduled the appointment someone called me to let me know that he was not going to be in the office on the friday of my appointment so she rescheduled me again for the following tuesday. Then less than 30 minutes later she calls again to inform me that he will not be in on that day as well... after being very frustrated i did not want my appoinments pushed back anymore as i was in pain, she finally gave me an appointment for 3 days later, i waited 40 minutes in the waiting room

October 6th, 2011
Dr. Rafiq
Dr. Rafiq struggled to run various diagnostic tests for low back pain.He was not able to diagnose or treat my low back pain any further.Not helpful.Regards