Internists, Gastroenterologist (digestive)

610 3rd St
Ste 204
Macon, GA 31201
478-464-2600
Locations and availability (5)

• Currently 3.1923076923077 of 4 stars
 |  AWESOME GI  |  show details
by Erica Phelps on Oct 16th, 2013

Dr Sedghi has been my GI physician for the past 10 years and yes I have to wait from time to time to see him but he takes just as much time with me as he does the next patient. What people fail to understand is that with quality care, comes quality time and compassion. If you want a quick in and out, then go to a doctor that is running a quick service office, but I promise you that you are not going to feel any better. Quick does not always mean better! Sometimes what you put in is what you get out. Invest in your physician and he will invest in you. When patients learn that healthcare is not to be hurried and rushed, then they will appreciate a good doctor more. This is to all of the negative people who have written comments about wait time and etc about Dr Sedghi and his office. Become a little more educated about your healthcare and you will not mind having a wait a little.

|  Peace of Mind  |  show details
by Billy F. on Aug 11th, 2013

Dr. Sedghi was very kind with a gentle bedside manner. Explained diagnosis, spent extra time to discuss options and ways to improve overall health. If your looking for a GI doctor, easy choose here!!!

|  The best Macon GA has to offer  |  show details
Oct 29th, 2012

Take the title with a grain of salt. Not saying he is a great Dr. Just the best GI in Macon GA. Staff is rude at best.Does not respect your time.Books at least10 people in 10 minute slot.You talk to PA then Dr. reads PA notes.GI with rest room restrictions. Really?Would consider moving to a bigger city just to get better health care.

Jul 31st, 2012

not a good experience. Have been having GI problems for some time now and was referred to Sedghi. My appointment was scheduled with a PA without my approval. When I got to the appt, the receptionist was very rude and argumentative. the papers I signed before my appt included a form giving them permission for a PA to treat me. I did not sign the form but the PA was sent in anyway. apparantly, the forms are not reviewed, just stuck in your file. I have only met Dr. Sedghi once- about an hour before he performed my endoscopy. I think he lets PA's do all the work in the office and refer for procedures. That way, he is able to perform more procedures and thus get more money- Great strategy!! Also, it has taken MONTHS to have procedures scheduled just to figure out what is going on with me. In the meantime, I am suffering. When I call the office for test results, my calls are not returned. When I asked if I could switch to another dr in the practice, I was informed that was not permitted, even though I never get to see the real Dr., only the PA. What a SHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Dec 12th, 2011

Dr. Sedghi is a great doctor. The negative thing about his office is the wait time. But that is because everybody wants to see him. Not his fault. I have had multiple procedures done by Dr. Sedghi and i have no complaints. I would not change doctors.

|  Excellent doctor!  |  show details
Dec 4th, 2011

I'm not usually impressed, but my husband and I both had colonoscopies at Sedghi's office. He has quick, thorough, and he handled the problems he found on the spot without making us drag back and forth! Great!

Oct 1st, 2011

I had fatty liver and had high liver enzymes. The doctor worked with me and explained how i should diet. Now I have lost 30 pounds in a 4 months and have a second chance. Never felt better in a long time

|  All about money  |  show details
Sep 4th, 2011

i have been hurting for almost 2 months. this office never could diagnose me. kept giving me diffrent drugs every time i came in and in their own words"see if this works". Im not a guinnie pig. they once even called me to remind me of an appointment all for me to wait 2 hrs and pay a copay to hear they want to do an endoscopy. Not one other reason was the appointment for. couldnt they just tell me that over the phone and save me the 20 bucks. I dont care for this office at all.

May 8th, 2011

Saved my daughters life Dec 24, 2004.Called another doctor in Chicago that night to confirm problem and emergency surgery was performed on Christmas Eve. What a great Christmas present to have my 18 year old daughter life's saved. I will always have high regards for him.

|  Dr Russell Chambless  |  show details
by rusty chambless on Feb 22nd, 2011

Hi Shahiar, You will recall Im cindy Chambless' husband. Time for us to take you and your wife to Natalias. You spoke of your good friend in Southern CA. that night at dinner. I am starting a new practice of my own close to Cindy off Peake Road in Plantation Commons 2. Building 1200. Opening date should be early July. If things go well over the next 2 years we may want to get him to Macon. There is a good building on Riverside between Remax and Med Center North for sale - needs renovating. Used to be an occupational medical building. Call me sometime @ 394-3072

Sep 21st, 2010

saved my life

Aug 8th, 2010

Accurate diagnosis. No messing around. Big emphasis on diet and healthy living

Jun 22nd, 2010

KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING. MAKES SURE YOU UNDERSTAND AND FOLLOWS THROUGH WITH THE PLAN OF YOUR CARE.

|  Very Professional  |  show details
May 29th, 2010

The wait was a bit long. The office was nicely decorated, clean,airy and the staff very friendly. The doctor spent time with me and fully explained my condition and treatment plan.In one day,I learned more about my crohns disease than in 8 years before. I felt very comfortable and have a lot of confidence in him.

|  won't go back  |  show details
May 13th, 2010

he knws his specialty,but shows no interest in how you feel. very rude and abrupt makes it clear he's not intrested in taking time to talk to you or answer your questions.

Apr 13th, 2010

he takes care of all of my family. we all love him.

Apr 11th, 2010

Eventhough there is often a long wait to see Dr. Sedghi, there obviously is a reason for it. He is the only one I have been to who could diagnos my problem and give me the follow up i needed. I would not change him for any other doctor.

|  Cold and Uncaring Office  |  show details
Dec 7th, 2009

My brother had suspected stomach cancer and the oncologist sent us to Sedghi for a diagnosis. After spending over an hour filling out forms and waiting we were called back and saw a PA. He was very tentative and hesitant. He then informed us that Sedghi was out of town and wouldn't be in that week at all and they couldn't schedule any tests until the end of the next week. I said that I was sure the doctor intended this to be done immediately must not have known Sedghi was out of town and would they recommend another GI specialist? He said he really couldn't; that he was sure our doctor sent us to Sedghi for a reason. His office was no help whatsoever and would not even call the oncologist and ask how they wanted to proceed. My brother went through agony to even get to Sedghi's office and it got us no where.

|  All About Money Not About the Care  |  show details
Jun 22nd, 2009

You will only see a PA and not Dr. Sedghi. I live about 30 minutes from Dr Sedghi's office. Have been hospitalized twice and Dr. Sedghi never even bothered to call or follow up with me. In fact, I could drop dead in front of him and he would not know I was a patient of his. Also, when I do get an appt, I almost ALWAYs wait over an hour. Once I waited 3 hours. And this is for a PA, not the doctor so you can't even say it's because the doctor got called away for an emergency. Uncaring is an understatement.