Dr. Shahrzad Tabibi Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Shahrzad Tabibi?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 21st, 2016

Kindness trustworthiness so patients strongly recommended

April 25th, 2015

Balanced, positive, and understanding caregiver!

I thought that Dr. Tabibi had a very intelligent and considerate approach to any concerns, no matter how minimal. She also seems very balanced and neither over-treats nor overlooks any issues. She is a good listener, respectful and attentive to patients... I have high fertility at a late age, which runs in my family to a humorous extent, but she has been supportive. She took it all in stride. That was nice!-

August 28th, 2011

botched D&C

My experience:I had ultrasounds that verified my pregnancy had failed. There was abnormal tissue in the gestational sac.I scheduled a D&C for a miscarriage.Dr. Tabibi performed the surgery.two weeks after surgery, I had a blood test. The blood test showed the pregnancy hormones were as high as prior to surgery.I went in for follow-up ultrasounds, which showed clearly that the gestational sac and abnormal tissue looked exactly the same as prior to the D&C; they had not been removed. The post-surgical analysis report showed some tissue had been removed, but said "clinical correlation for intrauterine pregnancy is recommended." Only two and a half weeks after the surgery do I receive this information (which was not highlighted by the Doctor, only identified by my reading the report), meanwhile I have been completely unaware of any problems. Dr. Ahdoot, Sr, at the same practice (Physicians and Midwives) said that perhaps the D&C procedure failed because of uterine fibroids. I contacted another physician for a second opinion, he said that uterine fibroids were unlikely to impeded access to the interior of the uterus unless they were inside the uterus: mine are on the outside of the uterus. There is no clear explanation for the complete failure of the surgical procedure.Dr. Ahdoot Sr prescribed misoprostol to chemically discharge the miscarriage, and antibiotics to address an infection and blood clot that developed in my arm from the IV after the DD&C surgery. Misoprostol suppresses the immune system, which would counteract the effect of the anitibiotics. Nevertheless, when I asked him, he said it would be ok to take both medications at the same time, as well as a baby asprin to see if the blood clot would move up my arm towards my lungs, in which case I should go to the emergency room. The doctor I contacted for a second opinion recommended against taking antibiotics and misoprostol at the same time because the drug interactions are unknown. He described the situation as "a total mess". I agree, it is a total nightmare. The midwives at this practice are great, and the technicians are great. I do not recommend the physicians.

August 12th, 2011

My first experience

I had been trying to find a good Gyno for a while. I had never been to one and was pretty nervous about the whole experience. I had read some good reviews about Dr. T. and thought to try her out. She was beyond what I imagined. Not only is she very beautiful but extremely understanding, knowledgeable, sweet and caring. I felt very comfortable with her and she made me feel at ease. I definitely recommend her to others. You will NOT be disappointed!

May 6th, 2011

This doctor was extremely informative, took the time to explain my results to me, and treated me with respect. Unfortunately, because she is hands down one of the best doctors at the Physician's and Midwives clinic in Lake Ridge, obtaining an appointment with her is very difficult. I do NOT recommend the other doctors at the facility, but if you can see Dr. Tabibi, she is wonderful.

August 27th, 2009

My experience had as much to do with the office staff (Physicians and Midwives in Alex, VA) as with this doctor. I had a miscarriage. Had heard from friends that I needed a D&C as followup. I called and asked to make an appt to get one. The appointment person said I needed a dr's order first, so I made an appt to see a dr first. When I arrived, the attendant bluntly said, "what are you here for?" without first introducing herself. She then then led me to a room where she mumbled "waist down." I had to ask twice to hear her. She left and came back a few minutes later and said how did I know I had a miscarriage? I said it was obvious. She then said "you needed to first get an ultrasound." I wonder why this wasn't conveyed when I made the appt? Later, when the dr arrived, the dr repeated that I needed an ultrasound. I felt that both dr and staff assumed I was at fault for not having an ultrasound first before coming in, altho no one told me this was needed.

August 24th, 2016