Dr. Shahzad Ahmad MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

November 8th, 2016
Go Elsewhere
Dr. Ahmad was very dismissive and impatient. I have no confidence in his opinions. He seemed put out that I dared to come in.

September 2nd, 2016
Go Somewhere Else
First visit was OK. Second visit he treated my lab results, NOT ME. He said that several of my symptoms were not thyroid related and that my low normal would have to be in the toilet before he would prescribe medication. I have been a nurse for 23 years, and this is one of the worst doctors I have ever dealt with. The staff and ENT doctors in this office is great, but go somewhere else for your endocrine issues.

August 2nd, 2016
Dr. Ahmad has really awful bedside manner. I wish there where more options in choosing a doctor to manage thyroid disease. I really struggle going to doctor Ahmad. Going to him gives me anxiety, he doesn't listen to me at all. He cuts me off when I try to explain how I am feeling or have a question. He only looks at my blood work and then spends 3 mins or so telling me what he wants me to do. He he is very educated but is very close minded.

January 4th, 2016
Very knowledgable about my condition, and went right to work on getting me back on my feet.

November 10th, 2015
Yes, Dr. Ahmad knows what he is doing...however, his bedside manner and the way he deals with things in his office is absurd. I have never been talked to so rudely by anyone in my entire life. I am a 2 time cancer survivor and am very proud of it...and I dont like being told that my recurrence of cancer is my fault. I hope this review helps to aid those of you looking for a Endocrinologist.

October 31st, 2015
Don't come here.
I went so Dr. Ahmad for help with my P.O.S. When I forst met him he had ZERO bedside manner. He was abrupt, condescending and kinda rude. After that visit I never saw him again. I always saw his nurse practitioner. At first she seemed very nice and willing to help. she would always ask me if specific things we're going on that we didn't want to happen and say we needed to keep an eye out for that. Then when those things did start happening she told me to go see my family doctor.... So I would pay $40.00 every time to see her for her to simply tell me to go somewhere else. Not helpful at all. I found a new doctor to help me and she is a million times better than this place. I would say not to go here unless you don't mind being treated like crap.

October 26th, 2015
Don't be rude
This man thinks he is a god..! However this is not saying much coming from a place where you see more sand than sky. Now I am not usually a mean person but for this guy I will make an exception. We came in with very serious concerns he looked at old blood work ( that he did not take) and told my wife he knew what she did not have. Every time I would bring up something he seemed very annoyed. Every time I asked him to do something again he acted like it was not nessacery. Now I'm no MD but he was on our time, so don't look at me like the infadel I am and do your job! He needs bedside manner and don't treat people that are very concerned about a heal issue like they are stupid. And don't cut me off when I ask you a question. P.S. Fix that stupid mustache

October 14th, 2015
He was not very helpful with answering me questions. He woukd cut me off in the middle of me asking a question. I will never go back to him.

October 6th, 2015
Do not see Dr. Ahmed.
This probably the worst physician I have ever seen. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME seeing him. His ego is so big, he can't even listen to you. I have been struggling with thyroid and hormone issues for 10 years. I was hoping that he could help me. I was patiently waiting to see him for 4 weeks. Clinging on to some hope. I feel terrible. I am in constant pain. My hair is falling out. And... many other symptoms. He spent about 90 seconds with me. He told me that whoever put me on thyroid medication was a quack and to get my money back. I don't need it. "Oh, and let's not beat around the bush, have ever thought about a gastric bypass?" Who who says that? I didn't bring up my weight at all. That's not why I was there. Then, he sent me up front to talk to his medical assistant about weight loss pills in front of the entire lobby. Zero tact. Terrible bedside matter. DO NOT GO TO HIM. However, his staff was very friendly and nice. He could learn a few things from them. Having a doctorate degree does not make you better or smarter than anyone else. He isn't going to help you. Don't waste your time.

September 30th, 2015
Worst. Doctor. Ever.
My thyroid had been bothering me for a while, I went to see him because I was concerned. I told him there was a history of thyroid cancer in my family, before I could even finish saying that, he rudely interrupted me and said I didn't have cancer without even examining my thyroid. Then quickly said I didn't need to increase my medication ..when that's not what I was asking. He told me I should do a sleep study and lose weight instead of actually treating my thyroid or listening to my symptoms completely. Nearly a year and two appointments later and the lump in my throat is just getting worse. I really wish I would've read these reviews BEFORE wasting my time.

July 16th, 2015
A dismissive, arrogant man who doesn't listen and doesn't provide any solutions at all

April 28th, 2015
A horrible waste of my time. He never even asked about any of my symptoms and didn't even bother to do lab work.