Overall Review

• 1 comment

no change

Showing 1 - 1 review

February 20th, 2014
Your lack of compassion is unforgivable
Yesterday my Mother requested that my sister not be told that tests were needed for possible cancer in her lungs. My sister has had both physical and mental challenges since birth 52 years ago. For the past 10 days she has been heavily medicated breathing with a tracheotomy. Further cancer tests will not be possible until she is stabilized for at least another week if not longer. Why!!!! would you not hear my Mother when she requested that it might be better for your patient to wait until she can breath on her own and stabilize before adding more stress that will only suppress her immune system? Any kind of emotional distress causes seizures in her everyday world and now with her extremely compromised state I can only imagine the fear she is feeling right now alone in her bed! You are cruel and thoughtless and to send your colleague in to tell my sister the news is incomprehensible. Many of us are aware that the current health system is financially motivated and does very little healing, never going to the root cause of illness and only treats symptoms. But there is money to be made and nothing can stand in its way not even a patient with special needs. And that special need is for compassion for the overall health of your patient, my sister and frankly all people deserve compassion. I'm angry for the needless suffering my sister is going through right now. My Mother said she was awake today and feeling better until she was given the news that she would need tests for cancer some day when she is stronger. Can you please explain the logic in this?