Dr. Shahzad Shadmany MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

July 13th, 2016
This doctor doesn't check all the vitals (like feet, etc) which is essential for a diabetic. They don't follow-up with prescriptions as requested and don't keep accurate records.

June 20th, 2016
I have gone to Dr. Shadmany for over ten years , and have always had excellent care and and coaching on how to deal with my Diabetes plus para thyroid problems and surgical removal. I feel fortunate to have a doctor like him.

January 26th, 2016
Unresponsive Medical Records Staff
I haven't had any noteworthy issues with the doctors. This review specifically addresses the medical records staff at this office. If you request your medical records be prepared to be ignored. After completing an authorization to release medical records, 3 weeks have passed and the records have STILL not been mailed out. I've left a message on the medical records voice mail and also made an in-office visit to follow-up on when the records can be expected. The person responsible is completely unresponsive to an official written request, voice message and note from her coworker to attend to the matter. The office has dropped Aetna and now I'm unable to obtain medical records in a timely fashion. Unacceptable.

January 19th, 2016
PATIENT AND RETIRED LPN
I HAVE WONDERED AFTER READING SOME OF THE REVIEWS WHAT PATIENTS ARE TALKING ABOUT? THE STAFF I NEVER FOUND RUDE, THEY ARE BUSY. DR, SHADMANY IS KIND AND INFORMATIVE. PLEASE BRING YOUR TESTING SCORES OR THAT WILL UPSET HIM AND IT RIGHTFULLY SHOULD. HIS NURSE CHRIS IS WONDERFUL. I WOULD NOT GO ANYWHERE ELSE.

August 14th, 2015
Good Dr but staff is poor. Refilling precriptions is horrible. Getting an appointment is months out.

February 20th, 2015
Disappointed
I've been seeing this doctor for about 2-3 yrs now and this should be my last. Every year he completes my thyroid ultrasound to check the size of my thyroid nodules. Prior to seeing him, he always orders labs and my PCP does them. However, On my last visit, my PCP did not submit those results to him. He told me off, like I was an irresponsible adult! In a way, maybe it was my fault or my PCP or them not communicating with each other but IAM THE PATIENT. If he didnt get those results, there is a thing called technology!!! Why get upset with the patient?!! No, I am not going back to him again. These doctors spend so limited time with their patients yet they can't make it 'quality time'.

August 13th, 2014
Would Not Recommend
I went to Dr. Shadmany on the referral of my primary care physician for my hypothyroidism. I've been hypo for several years and I've worked hard to educate myself on the condition and treatment options. Without asking my any questions about my symptoms, Dr. Shadmany wanted to switch my medication. I explained that I had already tried the other medication he wanted and that it had not worked for me, which is why I am on my current medication. He did not care about this information, he did not care about my symptoms, and he was very abrupt when I would ask questions. That was my first and last visit. I will not be going back.

September 7th, 2013
Good doctor
I've seen the doctor only twice, first one a consultation, second a biopsy (FNA) of my thyroid, I find doctor to be efficient & courteous. Altho he talked fast, he explained what needs to be done. All doctors tend to spend little time with patients, but be prepared to ask questions, and they should answer them. Doctor himself called to tell me the results of the biopsy, Office will mail a printed copy of the results to you, if you asked for it.

May 8th, 2013
Worst doctor I have ever had. Threw a temper tantrum in his office. Loves to talk over you and does not really show that he cares about you as a person. Only wants to take care of the science but doesn't care about concerns of the patient or what the patient may need to live a better life with diabetes. Doesn't explain medications or dosages and doesn't care to hear that insulin could be causing adverse reactions. Places you on insulin and then expects that you should have no problems and will wait to see you in 3 months because he simply doesn't care about the patient. Doesn't return phone calls but the worst thing about him was the 2 year old temper tantrum he threw in his office at a patient!

September 20th, 2012
Great Doctor not so great staff
Dr. Shadmany is caring and good at what he does. The office staff however is rude and abrasive if you ever dare to ask a question. Getting them to call or fax in a prescription refill is like pulling teeth. I have tried to go to another doctor but like Dr. Shadmany too much.

August 13th, 2012
HORRIBLE patient care
Absolutely the WORST PATIENT CARE I have ever dealt with. I had my thyroid removed due to cancer in 2007 and I need to take a medication daily to LIVE. I have been going to Dr. Shadmany's office (Valley Endocrine Associates) for over 4 years now and on two different occasions his office has REFUSED to re-fill the medication I need to take on a daily basis - both times due to the office's mistake. It takes the office DAYS to address a pharmacy prescription request and then will deny the re-fill. I am never notified by the office when they deny my re-fill and only find out when I go to pick up the prescription that the office has DENIED it - and by that time I am out of meds. When I call the office and insist that I need my medication they are snotty and never get back to me - leaving me without my meds for over a week. The first time this happened, I was upset but figured it was a one time occurence. This time - I'm switching doctors. How an office can DENY a patient a medication that is keeping them alive without any notification, without any office contact, without any doctor's intervention is, to me, CRIMINAL and I will be reporting this doctor and practice to the medical board. Stay FAR AWAY from this practice!

May 4th, 2012
Office staff is rude, non-responsive, inconsiderate,no sense of urgency or concern for patients well-being.Office waiting time for schedule appointments tends run more than an hour.