inactive

Shaila V Chauhan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.5

October 1st, 2013
Steer Clear
Horrible physician. She was an hour late for a not-quite mid-morning appointment. This doctor walked into the room, introduced herself, and then told me then and there what was wrong with me without a SINGLE piece of medical background or a single question for me. She made multiple assumptions from the get-go and had to be prompted to listen to the full story and to work in a chronological fashion through my medical history. She suffers from the infamous 10 second doctor attention span and was all over the place. I left feeling demoralized and ashamed of my medical situation. Why in the world is this woman, who is 69, working in a field that requires such empathy and gentleness, when she's willing to be judgmental from the get-go. Time for her to retire - please retire! I wish you could give zero stars for something like bed side manner. I don't think she's ever heard the phrase.

July 19th, 2012
Scheduling staff is a nightmare
I called on day 3 of my cycle, as my cycle had started on a saturday. I was on hold a couple times for over 20 minutes. I called back the next day and asked for the appointments to be scheduled and if they could be scheduled on a certain day, as I had already taken the day off for the orientation. I was told that there was not an orientation on that day. That started the problems. I did not receive a call back about my appointments until 4 days later. There is only a short window for these appointments and because the scheduling staff could not do their job and had to be reminded by me 3 times to schedule the appointments.When someone finally called me back I was told I had to wait to my next cycle because they were short staffed due to vacations. I don't know about you, but this has been a long and depressing road already and since I have decided to pursue this course of treatment, I wanted to get started as quickly as possible, not have to wait 6 more week. They did schedule my tests for when I asked, but I got there and the wrong blood work had been scheduled, so I was told by the lab to come back the next day. I got my ultrasound and left,only to be called back 2 hours later to get some blood work done before my dye test in the afternoon, a test which I was half an hour late for because I was told the wrong time.I did have to go back the next day for the blood work. If one more scheduling thing goes wrong, I will be looking for another doctor. This is stressful enough without having to deal with incompetent staff.

May 29th, 2010
Not comfortable
The wait is long. Even though I said yes, to having an intern in there with us. I regretted. I want to try to get pregnant and the intern pretty much told me to go on a dating website. It was embarrassing.