Dr. Shailesh Asaikar Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Shailesh Asaikar?

Posted on December 29th, 2015

No issues with doctor, but the office is poorly managed and staffed. Wait time has been 1-2 hours and staff fails to communicate any wait time. Failure to call in prescriptions to pharmacy. Lack of courtesy for patients.

Very grateful for Dr. Asaikar

Posted on September 5th, 2015

Dr. Asaikar is truely one of a kind. He has seen both my son and our baby and has been nothing short of an exceptional and compassionate clinician. My baby was recently hospitalized for testing and we heard multiple nurses and physicians refer to him as "brilliant" and "the best around". He is not overly clinical in his assessments and treats children like the precious child that they are, rather than as just another patient. Despite this rather unconventional method of assessment, he has been accurate in his diagnoses, even when this contradicted the opinions of other pediatric neurologists. His wait times can be rather lengthy, but this is clearly because he gives each patient and their families as much time as needed. This is incredibly important for families dealing with very sensitive issues and scary diagnoses. As both RN and parent, I have found Dr. Asaikar to be a phenomenal clinician in all aspects of his practice.

Best Neurologist in North State

Posted on July 27th, 2015

Dr. Asaikar has treated ALL 4 of my children with varying degrees of special needs over the past 10 years. The kids love him and are comfortable in his office, which is totally kid friendly. Dr. Asaikar listens to the parent's concerns and takes into consideration parent's input on how any treatment plans are implemented. He takes his time to explain any and all information as necessary. The only thing I would change is when requesting records, even with a signed release, it is difficult for other entities (Regional Center) to get records. We travel from Redding to see him on a regular basis. Easy to get in/out of his office. We told him he CANNOT retire!

Happy Parent

Posted on June 17th, 2015

Dr. Asaikar has been a absolute joy to work with. My daughter suddenly got encephalitis and was really sick. My daughter was put in a coma to help stop the seizures because they could not be controlled. Dr. Asaikar checked in on our daughter in pediatric icu and make quick decisions to protect her. Dr. Asaikar took the time to show my husband and I the MRI images and explain them. He was very straight forward with the risks of any procedure he suggested and gave us a play by play as things were happening. Dr. Asaikar was available to the ICU doctors and responded very quickly. The doctor woke our daughter up and got her back to normal very quickly. We had a complication two weeks after we went home and ended up back in icu. Dr. Asaikar came immediately and figured out what was going on. I am very thankful to Dr. Asaikar and feel blessed to work with him. He is our hero!

my kids have been patients for 10 years

Posted on May 14th, 2015

Since he got his nurse Kendra his demeanor changed. He is more friendly and seems less stressed. My kids have been his patients for over 10 years and its always been straight business. The rest of his staff is rude and unprofessional, but Dr. Asaikar and Kendra are AMAZING, fast and care about the patients.

phenomenal

Posted on March 13th, 2015

Amazing Dr and Phenomenal Staff. I couldn't ask for a better doctor to provide care for my kiddos!

MS patient

Posted on August 24th, 2014

The best neurologist ever!! He is a very compassionate, professional, diligent, and accurate MD. He made my diagnosis for Multiple sclerosis in 2009 and there was not anything that was helping me stay consistent from relapsing. So he went over to another country(Canada) and found the new oral medication Gilenya(2011) it has been the best medication for me ever since & I haven't had a relapse not once. My gratitude for Dr.Asaikar's hard work for making sure that I wouldn't have to be a paraplegic was much appreciated. He showed that he cared and was not there to just collect a pay check. I hope anyone who wants an excellent neurologist considers him as their doctor. Not perfect, but darn there.

RNMommy

Posted on April 11th, 2014

Dr. Asaikar is an excellent physician. The office staff are very kind to my children, as well as being very efficient. Wait times in the office are rarely long, but if they ever are, they are well worth the wait. His years of experience and expertise are amazing. From both a personal and professional perspective, he is by far the best peds neurologist in the area.

Posted on September 20th, 2013

Not pleased. I saw Dr. Asaikar because my daughter who is on the spectrum for Autism was experiencing severe anxiety and sleep disruptions. He spent all of 12 minutes with me, dismissing any concerns I came up with, saying, "it's just autism," Whiile I am aware that he was not going to "cure" my daughter of her diagnosis of autism, he seemed unaware or not accepting of the fact that people can have comorbid conditions, and that 20-40% of those on the autism spectrum also have seizure disorders, (and I had mentioned that my husband -her father - also had seizures as a child). He was practically rolling his eyes as I spoke and raised my concerns. Very disrespectful. . . Finally, he relents and puts in an order for a "mini-EEG". So, fast forward to the EEG, which was scheduled for 8am, and lasted 30 minutes, and my child was wide awake and active and distressed, not ideal, not even what is standard for the test for someone on the spectrum. When I went in for the results, it was more of the same. I waited with my kid, he pops in the room, and says, "Okay, we're here for. . . " looks at folder, "uh, Your daughter". I let him know she's become more distressed and has had increases sleep disruptions, etc. No eye contact from the doctor and he says, "So, I'll show you the results." Then, he walks out of the room. I'm sitting with my kid and I peek down the hall after three or four minutes, then I decide, "he must mean for me to follow him down the hall. . . " keep on mind there was no indication or conversation letting me know I was meant to follow him. . . So, we shuffle down the hall, and he is staring at a computer screen, still no eye contact, and he says, "So, you see what I'm seeing here." I see squiggly lines and say, "Well, no. I didn't go to medical school, so I have no idea what you are seeing." he disregards this exchange and says, "perfectly normal, perfectly normal." I chose to get a second opinion. Thankfully, I found a good doctor, Dr. Nalini Chandra who ordered the standard 24 hour EEG. Guess what. . . She discovered a significant amount of abnormalities on the left hemisphere of my daughter's brain, and we have seen significant improvement with her treatment. So, boo for Dr. Asaikar. Thanks for being so dismissive. I'm so glad I got a new doctor.

Great Neuro Doc

Posted on November 27th, 2012

Incredible doctor, but also very busy. We've spent 5-minutes with him and we've spent 45-minutes...it just depends on what we need from him at the time. He always listens and cares and works with us to find the best possible course of action. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

do not use this doctor

Posted on November 17th, 2012

WOW- how did this doctor get a degree? I think he just moves everyone in and out in minutes to make the big dollars! Terrible bedside manners and terrible exam from which he made a diagnosis! Compare his exam to the one at UCDavis and you will be amazed! he thinks that he can look at your child and make a diagnosis - does he not realize that this is the child's future that you are talking about? I highly recommend that you find another doctor and the sooner the better!! I have seen four nerologists in the area - trust me!

THE BEST DOCTOR EVER!!!

Posted on December 15th, 2011

Dr. Asaikar and his staff are wonderful. My daughter has a rare neurological pain disorder and Dr. Asaikar was not afraid to treat her and spent countless hours researching and sitting at her bedside caring for her. He is always so happy to see her, and greets us all with handshake and hugs. His clinical knowlege goes above and beyond that of any other MD that we have been treated by. We are so thankful to have him on our side!!!!!