Dr. Shaili Deveshwar MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

April 10th, 2016
Like most doctors, not so good on the follow up. She is a caring doctor but when I started having severe issues with a medicine either she or her staff refused to see me until my much later appointment.

April 26th, 2015
She has made an amazing difference in my life, she is a wonderful doctor.

March 31st, 2015
Very personable. Good doctor.

March 23rd, 2015
Love it there. Very comfortable.

July 30th, 2014
Unfortunate
I started seeing Dr. Deveshwar in early 2014. At first I was very pleased as she was able to provide me with a diagnosis to an ailment that was troubling me for nearly 2 years that no one could figure out. She did a fairly good job at explaining it and started meds to treat it. My trouble began when I didn't tolerate the medicine well. I went in for f/u and was told I was making up my symptoms, that I had no other options other than this one medicine when research proved otherwise. I was told I was no longer allowed to be active or things of this nature, and was given no other solutions. Granted- this was with another MD as she was out. But when I tried to f/u with her, she acted very irritated. Like I was casuing problems and agreed. I was again told to take the medicine and was told my allergy was not real. Given 1 altternative that didn't work. But it was like she didn't care anymore, as if she felt I was drug seeking when really I just wanted something that worked that wouldn't give me a rash or other troubles. I was given a referral to PT places that did not accept my insurance and when asked for other options none were provided. And the bills for this MD are always very high. With my deductible met and only paying 20% . . .I still pay $200 each visit. They refuse to prescribe the meds they push on you annually, requiring visits every 3months for refills, requiring the large bills, only to not get the help I need. And when I requested not to see the prior MD I referred to- she actually brought him into the office with her. Making me wait 45min and causing me to be late for work due to waiting for him. That was like a slap in the face and very disrespectful, and it's sad to have had such a good first visit only to now be treated like this. Not only that, but trying to get ahold of anyone for an appointment, prescription, question, anything, is like pulling teeth. And now it's so hard to get another MD already having her on board. All very unfortunate.

September 17th, 2013
My favorite doctor
I want to share this information with other patients who might be suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. I have had arthritis for four years now. I have been seeing other rheumatologists in town, My arthritis was getting worse and I was losing function of my hands. I heard about Dr Deveshwar at my church group. I have been seeing her for almost 18 months now. I have my life back. Dr Deveshwar is very thorough, she explained different treatments and their side effects. Within 6months I started feeling a lot better. Now I can walk without assistance,started gardening and basically living my life again. She is the mosy=t kind and compassionate doctor I ever met.

August 24th, 2013
Excellent doctor
Dr. Deveshwar is an excellent doctor. All of these other comments are absurd. Dr. Deveshwar basically saved my life. I had seen several doctors for a rare condition I have. I even went to Duke and no one could give a definite diagnosis. Dr Deveshwar is the most compassionate doctor I have ever met. She listened to me very carefully, paid complete attention, she and her staff were very professional. She had great bed side manners. After doing a thorough work up she made my diagnosis. She explained the diagnosis to my wife and me at length. She discussed treatment options. My wife was very impressed by her knowledge and compassion too. She said that she treats her patients as she would like to be treated and it is very true! I have been seeing her for five years now. Since then I have known several people who see her and also I have sent friends and family to her. Everyone I know has been extremely satisfied with the care they received. I am incredibly thankful to Dr. Deveshwar.

March 31st, 2013
She is in a hurry and does not act concerned. At my follow up visit I thought I would see her but I ended up seeing the pa.

March 12th, 2013
Patient
This was probably my worst doctor experience I have ever had. My first visit they ordered a handful of xrays and blood work and I left after speaking to Dr.Deveshwar for maybe 3 minutes. Once I came back for results, she was very quick in her visit. She didnt explain the xrays, and BRIEFLY went over my blood work. She even passed over the fact that the bloodwork showed that I had RA, which in my eyes was a key factor of the visit! I am looking for another doctor now and I will not recommend this office.

September 27th, 2012
I don't believe she really listened to me when I was explaining the symptoms of my disease. I had a diagnosis before my first visit with her and she did confirm it She seemed to be very uncaring and almost cold when I tried to get answers about all the problems that l was having trying to cope with the symptoms. I am looking for another Dr now.

November 29th, 2010
I HAD 4 XRAYS. I WAS ONLY GIVEN INFO ON ONLY 1 XRAY. I HAD TO GET THE NURSE TO ASK FOR MORE INFO. I LEFT AS I CAME. THE LADY WHO GAVE XRAYS THAT DAY HAD AN ATTITUDE. NO HELP GETTING OFF XRAY BED. DR. SHALLI ONLY SPENT 5 MIN. WITH ME. THIS WAS A HORRIBLE DRS. VISIT. ILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN!.

September 23rd, 2010
She listened to me thoroughly. I have very difficult disease and made the accurate diagnosis.