A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Shakeel Ahmed:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Shakeel Ahmed is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Ahmed
Crohn's Disease Patient Education Learn about Crohn's Disease and possible symptoms such as intestinal blockage with our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Ahmed Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Shakeel Ahmed, BS, MBBS, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Ahmed graduated from Dow Medical College, Karachi. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Ahmed has 3 hospital affiliations:
- St Elizabeth Hospital
- Memorial Hospital
- Protestant Memorial Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Shakeel Ahmed BS, MBBS, and MD is a male Internist, has 16 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Shakeel Ahmed practice?
- Dr. Shakeel Ahmed has 2 office locations.
Dr. Shakeel Ahmed practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Fairview Heights, IL.
Additional practice locations include: Belleville, IL.
See Fairview Heights Internists and Fairview Heights Gastroenterologists.