A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Shakeel Shareef:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Shakeel Shareef is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Shakeel Shareef, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
Education & Awards
Dr. Shareef graduated from New York Medical College, Valhalla.
Dr. Shareef has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Strong Memorial Hospital
- Canandaigua Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shareef accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- HealthNow New York - 7 plans
- United Healthcare - 14 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 8 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield - 10 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 15 plans
- Independent Health - 15 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Humana - 6 plans
- Aetna - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Shakeel R. Shareef practice?
Dr. Shakeel Shareef practices Ophthalmology near Rochester, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Danville, PA and Canandaigua, NY.
See Rochester Ophthalmologists.