Dr. Shaker Saman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

February 2nd, 2016
lost confidence
I am giving 2 stars for excellent credentials and impressive knowledge of a difficult diagnosis and another star for kindness. He should be 5 stars but I never was confident that I was going to get very much feedback. P/c first of year to get 1st appt. 3 mths later (o.k.), then initial appt. was too much of general overview of overall health instead of the specialized conversation I was expecting. To be fair, no labs were available,other than old ones. I rec'd lab orders, much better than average knowledge of lab orders needed, from my past experiences. I was surprised that next appt was scheduled for six months and that labs would be discussed then. I moved the appt up, which his office later r/s to the original six mth. time frame. Never got follow up of lab results his office had rec'd. I assumed a busy schedule. I called three times to ask for referral to another onc to just consult the labwork. I was never contacted. I just could not see how keeping the second appt. would benefit me given my lost confidence.

October 5th, 2015
Not a good experience at all
My husband went to Dr. Saman after a massive DVT in his right leg. Every time we went to see the doctor, he was way behind on his appointments and besides his first visit with Dr. Saman, the doctor literally spent the next 3 visits about 2 to 3 minutes in the room talking to us, and that is being generous. His staff also failed to schedule his follow up ultrasound on his leg to check the clots. We finally after several attempts of help from him and his staff found a new hematologist.

November 1st, 2011
Cancer Expert
Dr. Saman and his team are very skilled. Dr. Saman is extremely knowledgeable in his field. I feel totally confident having my life in his hands.