Shalini Tewari MD Patient Reviews

• 1 review

Showing 1 - 1 review

April 2nd, 2014
Great Doctor
I owe Dr. Tewari a lot. By the time I reached her in the urgent care the day she was on duty as my last resort I was a mess both physically and mentally: I had already been shuffled through a few community ERs only to be told I had the common flu and just needed some rest, even though I kept trying to explain my symptoms and knew that it was something more. Unfortunately, I was not given much credence, or even the basic courtesy of some vital signs assessments which could have easily sniffed out the trouble, and quite honestly by the time I reached Dr. Tewari I was frustrated and didn't really want to explain myself again because I didn’t think it would do much good. Luckily I proven wrong: Dr. Tewari immediately recognized something was off, and from the minute she diagnosed me with pneumonia to the time I was transferred to the hospital for further care she made sure I was completely taken care of. Even after I was no longer her responsibility, she still called me at the hospital to see if everything was going according to plan, at home after I had been discharged, and on top of that, she saw me for a follow up appointment even though she could have technically had me see my primary care doctor who had access to the treatment records. At that visit, she was no less the caring or concerned professional who took her time to assess my recovery and overall health. To this day, I remain grateful to her that in my time of desperation she was the one doctor that would listen - and for that, she'll never know how grateful I am or how much I owe her.