Family Physicians
504 Elden St
Suite 3
Herndon, VA 20170
703-471-0800
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  Very good treatment  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2013

I have been to Dr.Imam few times and she is very good. I got my physical done too. Although the ambiance is not the best, the treatment was upto the mark,

Mar 14th, 2011

To Whom It May concern, I grew up in a culture where it is much easier to blame a person rather than praise them for what they did. As a consequence, those that serve in our community dont feel appreciated. However, I am corresponding with you today to provide a positive feedback to Dr. Shamim, in the Dulles Family Medicine in Herndon, Virginia, whom I visited over the weekend. I admit, I dont like going to medical doctors office for the simple reason that they act as if they are playing God for you. Dr. Shamim plays two personalities which I like as a medical doctor. As a human being, she is humble, unassuming, and down to earth. And as a doctor, she is cool headed with a warm heart. Let me count more of her good ways:Dr, Shamim has spent unlimited time with me and I realize she must be doing it with her other patients;Dr. Shamim served me on time rather than spending too much of my time sitting in the waiting room as most of us do in a doctors office;Dr. Shamims stuff is very polite and straight forward and courteous;Having been more than two visits with Dr. Shamim, I dont have any problem with billing or my insurance.In general and in all my visits, nothing occurred in Dr. Shamims office that would have impacted my health in a negative way. I highly recommend her service for those who live in Herndon and its vicinity. Thank you

Feb 19th, 2011

Dr. Imam was my attending physician during a recent hospitalization. I found her bedside manner wonderful. She was informed, caring, and in no way "rushed". I would definitely reccommend her to my friends and anyone else looking for a physician.

Dec 18th, 2010

Very nice practice and Spanish friendly. Doctor was very to the point and extremely nice. I would recommend this practice to a friend.

|  Family Practice Excellence  |  show details
by Bonnie Webb on Apr 5th, 2010

Dr. Imam has been my physician for 10 years. She offers excellent care. Prior to her becoming my doctor, I had been treated and misdiagnosed at another area clinic. Dr. Imam quickly ordered tests;diagnosed and corrected the problem. I will never see anyone but Dr. Imam.If you are looking for professional excellence in family practice, Dr. Imam is the clear and proven choice. Her office manager, Carlos is also the best.

Mar 16th, 2010

u rock

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by Sharon on Mar 6th, 2010

I arrived at the office for the first time and saw that the atmosphere of the office was professional and nice. The waiting period was extremely low and the staff was genuinely nice. I had a good experience with the doctor and she was very kind and patient. I will remain with this doctor for as long as possible.

|  Hands down the WORST experience EVER!  |  show details
by Extremely Disappointed on Sep 8th, 2009

Not only is Dr. Imam the rudest doctor I have ever consulted, but she is very unprofessional and money hungry. I scheduled a physical last week and had a few questions I wanted addressed. I informed the front desk representative of my concerns 3 days prior to my visit when he was scheduling my appointment. He informed me that the doctor would address all matters I had intended on seeing her for. On the day of my visit, I was greeted by a stoic and very unfriendly and ill mannered Dr. Imam. My kindness and sincerity were not reciprocated and returned with utter rudeness. Dr. Shamim did not take time to listen to my concerns. Aside from the fact that she has a very haughty and stand-offish demeanor characterized by a degrading tone and abrupt interruptions while I was informing her of a series of serious conditions I sought her assistance with, she was very unprofessional. I had come to see her for 2 separate conditions. She hardly addressed one and completely neglected the other. When I asked kindly if she could please look into my second condition, she refused and said I'd have to schedule another appointment. The condition I asked her to address was a boil on my back that has irritated me for a long time now and thus became a concern. When I asked why she could only address one matter and not the other she replied rudely "because I have other patients to see". I assure you there was not another patient in that waiting room. I walked out, refused to schedule a follow up, and visited the nearest CVS to pick up my prescriptions. While I was in line, the doctor had the audacity to call the branch I was visiting and ask them to slash her recommended dosage by more than half, a crude act that resulted from sheer greed (doctors obviously make more money when they schedule a prescription in such small amounts so that I can come back for a follow up, pay the consultation fee, and then pay for a second refill). Originally, I was prescribed a month's worth of medication. This was reduced by my doctor to a mere week's worth. I do not recommend that anyone see Dr. Imam for the simple fact that she does not care to listen to her patients' concerns, is vehemently rude, and is driven by nothing but money, while most doctors I have visited in the past are dedicated and commited to whole-heartedly catering to the requests of their patients and ensuring that they have done all they can to contribute to the improvement of their well-being.

|  Worst in town!  |  show details
by iakkad on Sep 8th, 2009 on kudzu.com

Dr. Imam is absolutely the worst doctor I have ever consulted for any health condition. Not only did she reciprocate my sincerity and kindness with a rude, haughty, and stand-offish demeanor, but she refused to address all my concerns, and instead, asked that I schedule a second appointment to have my other issue addressed, a ploy so that she can make more money. This stoic and ill mannered excuse of a doctor had the audacity to cal the nearest pharmacy and request that they slash the dosage she recommended by more than half on all medicines, after originaly prescribing me a month's worth, and act obviously aimed at having me schedule a second appointment so i can pay more for questions she could have clearly addressed during my first appointment and for prescriptions that only had to be prescribed once.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  Very Poor Experience  |  show details
Mar 28th, 2008

I recently visited Dr. Imam for a medical condition. After waiting 30 minutes past my scheduled time, I was escorted into an exam room, only to wait another 10 minutes. Dr Imam did not introduce herself or extend any courtesies and seemed very uncaring. She did not provide any information about my condition and offered no solutions to alleviate my discomfort. The staff was friendly but seemingly dysfunctional and inappropriately dressed for an office environment. I will never go there again and I advise everyone to do the same.