A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Shamita Shah:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Shamita Shah is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shah
Specialties & Research
Dr. Shamita Shah, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- She has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Shah graduated from Louisiana State University at New Orleans.
Dr. Shah has 5 hospital affiliations:
- The University of Chicago Medicine
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Shamita Bhupendra Shah MD is a female Internist, has 12 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Shamita B. Shah practice?
- Dr. Shamita Shah has 1 office location.
Dr. Shamita Shah practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near New Orleans, LA.
See New Orleans Internists and New Orleans Gastroenterologists.