Dr. Shamita Shah MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 22nd, 2016
Best doctor I've had. Besides being very sharp and knowledgeable,Dr. Shamita Shah has a high standard for treatment.

March 9th, 2015
Fantastic old school practitioner who actually takes the time to understand the issues, diagnose and advise. Dr. Shah really cares about her patients. Can't say enough about her kind and caring attitude and clinical expertise.

November 7th, 2011
Unethical and unprofessional
It is not enough to say that I'm unsatisfied with Dr. Shah. If I could, I would simply revoke her doctor's license and would ban her from practicing medicine and accepting patients. After what she did to my daughter I wanted to call a newspaper and make the headlines. Here is a brief summary. My daughter had her worse flare-up of Ulcerative Colitis. She has been in and out of hospitals for about two months. She lost 40 pounds during one month and was extremely weak and anemic. She could not function by herself at all - couldn't get up, go up/down stairs, eat, get out of the car, etc. (she is 24 years old). Dr. Shah's recommendations were either surgery (remove entire colon and rectum) or Remicade infusions. Before making such an important decision we decided to seek a second opinion and went to see another GI doctor in the same facility (at Stanford). In a couple of days after that visit my daughter ended up again in the ER at Stanford with excruciating pain in her abdomen. We were afraid that she had some obstruction/perforation or other. At the hospital the ER doctor asked us who is our primary GI doctor, and we said - Dr. Shah. It turns out that Dr. Shah was on call that day, and the ER doctor contacted her immediately about my daughter's condition. She replied that she is no longer her doctor and told him that the other doctor we went for a 2nd opinion is her primary GI physician. This was a complete surprise for us, but at this point we were concentrated on her pain and condition. After we got home from the hospital, we had to follow up with a doctor and get the prescription medications for her. When we contacted the second doctor, we found out that she had no idea about this story and said that she was only a consult and cannot take my daughter for follow ups. At this point we did not have a primary GI doctor. Needless to say or describe my feelings and despair at that moment. I cannot imagine how Shamita Shah that calls herself a "doctor" can drop patients in the worst possible moment, the moment when the patient needs the most.