Dr. Shamsher Lakhian MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

October 30th, 2015
Horrible Doctor. I almost had tears as I left the exam room. I keep having low vitamin D which makes me extremely fatigued. She told me the fatigue was all in my head. She told me she didn't want me as a patient and to go back to my regular doctor to check my vitamin D level. I felt as if I had wasted her time.

August 26th, 2015
Unprofessional STAFF!!!
I wish i could give their STAFF..... 0 star. very very unprofessional, never follow up, they don't care!!!!

January 26th, 2015
Good Doctor, Bad Team
I've got no complaints on the amount of time Dr. Lakhian spends with you, her demeanor is professional and communicative. I'm not much of a complainer so I haven't witnessed any dismissive behavior to my concerns etc. I will say that her office staff is thoroughly unpleasant, seemingly far to busy for patients, and incredibly difficult to get in touch with and/or get any sort of follow up from. Even when they do call me they never seem to know what procedure I am scheduled for/who I am/what my condition is. I feel like I have to follow up on and double check everything since they will not make any effort and then don't really know who you are anyway. For an office who deals with people possibly having memory issues due to thyroid conditions this seems very wrong.

July 12th, 2013
I was very impressed! It took a little while to get in, but well worth the wait. She answered all my questions and spent a lot of time with me. She is very knowledgable, and explained things in a way I could understand. She was very matter of fact, and caring at the same time. I personally appreciated that. I absolutely loved the lab emails. I have never had a physician who sent such detailed results and instructions. I would definitely recommend her to my family and friends. Her staff was very courteous and professional as well.

February 20th, 2013
VERY CARING DOCTOR
I was referred to Dr. Lakhian by my primary care physician. I was very impressed with how nice all of her staff is and how much time Dr. Lakhian took to try to understand all of my issues. I am amazed when I read some of these reviews stating that Dr. Lakhian doesn't seem to care. My experience is that she is extremely caring and she has helped me immensely with my thyroid issues. My husband was with me on my last visit and he even stated how caring and competent she seemed to be. I would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a caring and knowledgeable doctor.

August 23rd, 2012
Very Caring!
I have been diagnosed with Hashimotos and was referred to D. Lahkian. It did take longer than I liked to get in to see her... but she was worth the wait! She took so much time with me and was very informative, let me ask questions. I Highly recommend her!

July 3rd, 2012
Very poor appointment system
I don't like their appointment system at all. I am trying to speak with someone for last 4 days to reschedule my appointment. Left Voice messages but no one call back. Doctor is good but when complain about their office and appointment, her response was that you should change your doctor and find someone where you can get easy appointment. I would not recommend their office at all. Find other one now. !!

April 7th, 2012
Love this doctor!!
Dr. Lakhian spends as much time with me as I need. She knows me as a person which makes for her treating me as a physician better than most doctors. As far as other complaints about her staff, I've never had any problems there but regardless, I'm there for my doctor, not her staff. Dr. Lakhian explains everything to me in as much detail as I need. And I agree that the lab results emailed to me, with details instructions (if necessary) are priceless. It makes it easier for me to be a part of my own health concerns and treatment. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Lakhian to anyone!

March 7th, 2012
Dr. Lahkian really doesn't care how long she makes you wait on her. I had to wait 55 minutes for my last appointment. When I complained to her, she told me that was normal!!! Really??!! Obviously she's scheduling people too close together!!! Like others, I'd like to change doctors, but have been going to her for the last 5 years. One constant I've noticed in her office staff is they're always different from one year to the next - should tell us something.

February 27th, 2012
do not see this doctor
I called twice to get a prescription refill and a week later still waiting for a reply. The doctor does not care about your concerns or problems. She talks down to you and is very rude.

December 7th, 2011
She spends time with the you but it extremely dismissive of your concerns. She is rude to her staff and half the time they are so upset. I am spending more money and my blood sugar has never been higher.

October 12th, 2011
She was very non-caring, and explained nothing. I would never see her again or recommend her to anyone.