Internists, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)
Video profile
Endocrine Assocs Dallas Pa
1820 Preston Park Blvd
Ste 1850
Plano, TX 75093
972-867-4658
Locations and availability (4)

2.5

• Currently 2.1904761904762 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jul 12th, 2013

I was very impressed! It took a little while to get in, but well worth the wait. She answered all my questions and spent a lot of time with me. She is very knowledgable, and explained things in a way I could understand. She was very matter of fact, and caring at the same time. I personally appreciated that. I absolutely loved the lab emails. I have never had a physician who sent such detailed results and instructions. I would definitely recommend her to my family and friends. Her staff was very courteous and professional as well.

|  VERY CARING DOCTOR  |  show details
by Shelly B. on Feb 20th, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Lakhian by my primary care physician. I was very impressed with how nice all of her staff is and how much time Dr. Lakhian took to try to understand all of my issues. I am amazed when I read some of these reviews stating that Dr. Lakhian doesn't seem to care. My experience is that she is extremely caring and she has helped me immensely with my thyroid issues. My husband was with me on my last visit and he even stated how caring and competent she seemed to be. I would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a caring and knowledgeable doctor.

|  Very Caring!  |  show details
Aug 23rd, 2012

I have been diagnosed with Hashimotos and was referred to D. Lahkian. It did take longer than I liked to get in to see her... but she was worth the wait! She took so much time with me and was very informative, let me ask questions. I Highly recommend her!

|  Very poor appointment system  |  show details
Jul 3rd, 2012

I don't like their appointment system at all. I am trying to speak with someone for last 4 days to reschedule my appointment. Left Voice messages but no one call back. Doctor is good but when complain about their office and appointment, her response was that you should change your doctor and find someone where you can get easy appointment. I would not recommend their office at all. Find other one now. !!

|  Love this doctor!!  |  show details
Apr 7th, 2012

Dr. Lakhian spends as much time with me as I need. She knows me as a person which makes for her treating me as a physician better than most doctors. As far as other complaints about her staff, I've never had any problems there but regardless, I'm there for my doctor, not her staff. Dr. Lakhian explains everything to me in as much detail as I need. And I agree that the lab results emailed to me, with details instructions (if necessary) are priceless. It makes it easier for me to be a part of my own health concerns and treatment. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Lakhian to anyone!

Mar 7th, 2012

Dr. Lahkian really doesn't care how long she makes you wait on her. I had to wait 55 minutes for my last appointment. When I complained to her, she told me that was normal!!! Really??!! Obviously she's scheduling people too close together!!! Like others, I'd like to change doctors, but have been going to her for the last 5 years. One constant I've noticed in her office staff is they're always different from one year to the next - should tell us something.

|  do not see this doctor  |  show details
Feb 27th, 2012

I called twice to get a prescription refill and a week later still waiting for a reply. The doctor does not care about your concerns or problems. She talks down to you and is very rude.

Dec 7th, 2011

She spends time with the you but it extremely dismissive of your concerns. She is rude to her staff and half the time they are so upset. I am spending more money and my blood sugar has never been higher.

Oct 12th, 2011

She was very non-caring, and explained nothing. I would never see her again or recommend her to anyone.

Sep 24th, 2011

I had been referred to Dr. Lakhian. She came into the exam room, asked a couple of questions, listened to my heart and said, "I can't find anything wrong." I have Hypothyroidism and had been suffering from a variety of ailments indicating that my medication needed to be adjusted. Basically, she ignored the symptoms and me.

Dec 9th, 2010

A very aloof and non-caring doctor.

by christina on Oct 21st, 2010

this doctor is very nice and friendly, you can at least understand her! I can not say enough good things about her. You can not rate her due to her staff though.

|  Condesending  |  show details
Sep 22nd, 2010

The dr. and staff are extremly rude and condesending. Not happy with the length of time you have to spend on the phone holding just to make an appointment. I am finding a new dr.

Jul 1st, 2010

I have been seeing this doctor for over 4 years. I hate change so I did not want to find a new Endo. I figured, stay with someone that knows your problems and they can help you. The front office staff was plesant, Lakhian's nursing staff was warm and nice, that is until a year ago. The one constant was the nurse that was w/ her for a long time. She always treated me with respect and kindness. Over the last year I have become very disappointed in the staff she has now. I have seen this "doctor" scream at her staff for things they could not have any control over. Come to find out, she doesn't treat her patients too much better. I have decided that it is time for a change! I will not recommend this doctor for anyone.

|  Completely Satisfied  |  show details
Apr 26th, 2010

This doctor has always been very professional and personable to me. She spends as much time with me as I need her to. She listens to me and my concerns. The only problem I have is the appt availability if I need to reschedule a preset appt. I love, repeat love, the lab results, explanation and instructions emailed to me. I can go back over the last couple of years of results and review everything.

Mar 8th, 2010

This woman is very aloof. She gave me no instructions, no literature, and no compassion when diagnosed with diabetes. I soon changed doctors and would NEVER refer anyone to her.

|  Experienced Doctor Lakhian  |  show details
by RJ on Jan 6th, 2010

I have seen this doc for 6 months. Did not have problem getting appointment or heading inside once received by the reception. The reception mostly appear busy but its kind of normal for some practices - so not a big concern. Dr. Lakhian is very experienced and she is able to dig deeper into underlying root cause of the stated problem. So do not expect a simple or limited or selective description of your problem to result in this doctor giving you a medicine or treatment immediately. That is anyways not the right way to treat long term - for your own good. If they draw blood inside their office, it appears to take some time to reach the lab. Labs usually turn in the results in few days. BEST PART: This office emails your results with recommendations and prescriptions come via mail. You can call the nurse back to discuss further. If you do blood work at Qwest or LabCorp nearby then labwork comes back in 2-3 days with comments from doctor. Will always recommend to take advantage of this doc's deep experience and have some patience when arriving for the visit.

|  Looking for a new dr. today!!!  |  show details
Nov 4th, 2009

Just had a visit last month 10/09 and had to wait over an hour just to be taken to the examining room - then another 20 minutes or so until the dr. arrived. No sooner than she arrived a nurse poked her head in to say another dr. was on the phone for her so she took off and left me in the room another 10-15 minutes. My actual time with her was probably less than 10 minutes before she hurried out.It's been over two weeks since my appt. with Dr. Lakhian and I still don't have my labs. I called after the first week and TWO days later a nurse returned my call ony to inform that the dr. hadn't signed off on the lab report yet. Grrrrrrrr.

|  There is much room for growth!  |  show details
Jul 14th, 2009

I've seen Dr. Lahkian for over a year now. The last time I saw her I was waiting at the reception window for 10 minutes to even sign in (the sheet was not at the window) and everyone behind the window was too "busy" to help me. When I finally got in the nurse who drew my blood didn't wear gloves at all and stuck the cap of the needle in her mouth before and while she was drawing my blood--very unprofessional in my opinion (she also had to stick me twice to even get the blood). I was told my labs would be back in 1-2 weeks. After 2 weeks I called the office because no one was calling me and was told that only 2 of the 3 of my tests came back and they like to wait for all results before sending them out, so I needed to wait and call them back in a week. This really annoyed me because the one test they were waiting on had nothing to do with the thyroid functioning tests they had the results to. They were making me wait to find out if my TSH levels were low, high, or normal? Huh? That hardly seems professional to sit on lab results for a hypothyroid patient. So I call first thing in the morning a week later and explain to the operator that I have used up my last Synthroid this morning and need to know what my labs are so I know if I should refill my existing prescription or if they will need to call in a new one because I don't want to pay for a brand new bottle of pills if it turns out I need a new presription. She said she will leave a message with a nurse to call me back. I called again the same afternoon since no one had returned my call and all they did was tell me they have 24 hours to return phone calls. No one called me that day and so I called the next and was told the same thing. At this moment while I am typing this review I am still waiting for my labs. Yes, I think it is time for me to try a new doctor.

|  Dr. Lakhian  |  show details
by Steve on Jun 22nd, 2009

Dr. Lakhian is great. She can seem kind of mean at times, but that's because she knows diabetes is a serious condition, so patients need to know that they can't fool around with their treatment plan. It's very obvious that she honestly cares very much about her patients

|  Not respectful of patient's time  |  show details
Mar 24th, 2009

This group is not respectful of the patient's time at all. I will be looking for another endocrinologist. I'm tired of the 1 hour waits

Jan 23rd, 2009

Waited a long time (25 minutes)in the waiting room and the examination room (25 minutes). She is not very personable and when she finally gets to see you she rushes somewhat and makes you feel she doesn't have time for questions. I have no doubt that she is well educated in her field, but you have to do the calling to follow up on test results.