Dr. Shana Wallace MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 20th, 2015
Such a great Doc!
Dr. Wallace is the kind of doctor that everyone should have. She is a caring and loving woman who really does have your child's best interest right in front of everything. She listens to parents too and explains everything over and over until you truly understand it.

February 9th, 2015
Exceptional Dr. I highly recommend she was a god send to my child.

October 11th, 2014
Provider of Choice
Dr. Wallace has treated my children for 5 years. We came to her following my oldest child's traumatic brain injury. Over the years she has helped him recover, adapt and manage TBI life. During crisis, she never failed to be there, promptly and with immediate assistance. During admissions she took extra care to ensure his safety and well being. Monitoring every change and needs that arose. Never once in a bad mood, harsh in tone or unclear in sharing diagnosis. When life gave another hit, placing a second child in her care, she once again walked with us to find options for managing conditions. Also, if your child has migraines, regardless of them being caused by an original brain injury, or just how the cards play out....she will find treatment solutions. For us it included injections rather than more lengthy hospital stays. You will not regret your choice, and it is well worth the trip to Huntersville. She has her own partnered practice now, NC Neurology Huntersville. She even has her own sleep lab in office. I would never go anywhere else. She has both conventional and unconventional approaches to treatment, whatever she feels beneficial and always includes the parent. She never makes you feel unheard, and what means so much to me...she listens to my child and allows them to speak to their own conditions. I strongly recommend her if you want positive outcomes that also help your child get through long days at school. NC Neurology 704-464-1509.

April 10th, 2014
Epileptic
Besides being the best neurologist I've ever had; Dr. Wallace is very personable. She helped me get my 504 disability plan for school, extra time accommodations for the SAT test, and all of the doctor required medical forms for my scholarships on time! If you are looking for the best neurologist who will help you learn to live again, go no further!

March 24th, 2011
Awesome Care!
From the very moment we stepped in the door at Presby Pediatric Neurology, we were treated as if we were the only family there. Every staff member there showed us such heartfelt kindness and concern. Our wait was not long at all, and we were taken back within minutes. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Wallace! She did a very thorough history and physical on my son, and then she did a very thorough exam. She treated my son in every aspect of his care and she never talked "over" him to me. She included him in everything, and explained all that was happening to him so that he could understand. Not every pediatric doctor does that. My son absolutely loves Dr. Wallace as well. We had tests scheduled in a timely fashion, got results back, and it wasn't hard at all to get the results from the office (like it is now in so many places). I would recommend Dr. Wallace and this practice to anyone!

January 29th, 2010
Diagnosed Child without Talking to Parents
Dr. Wallace's partner spent about 2 minutes with my child and made a hasty diagnosis that my child was making up his symptoms to seek attention. Dr. Wallace and her partner did not talk to my family and neither did the psychiatrist consulting on the case. My son had signs and symptoms of dysautonomia, but Dr. Wallace and her partner attributed all his problems to a psychologic need to gain attention. My family and I disagree and feel both doctors should have spent time at length getting to know the patient's prior mental status and the family before jumping to the conclusion that everything was due just to a psychologic need to seek attention.

October 7th, 2009
Dr Shanna Wallace is a very caring and very thorough doctor.. She is my grandsons doctor. She always takes the time to explain things to me thoroughly.Then she will also take the time to explain important things to my grandson as well.. A more clearer explanation to him as well.. She is awsome. Very professional and most of all very caring and concerned. I would definately recommend this doctor to all of my family and my church family too. (smile)